framelimiter default on?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by zansiball, Sep 11, 2020.

1. zansiball

zansiball Guest

so i installed latest nvidia drivers and looked in nvidia inspector. and "frame limiter" shows 0xB0C02000 instead of off.

anyone knows what 0xB0C02000 means? the only place this is mentioned is https://github.com/Orbmu2k/nvidiaProfileInspector/issues/53 and it looks like 0xB0C02000 is not off?

im really confused....

[​IMG]

2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    the values themselves do not necessarily imply on or off.

3. zansiball

zansiball Guest

according to the post i linked to the value has something to do with frame limiter v3. thats why im guessing it doesnt mean off.

4. Mda400

Mda400 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti 3GHz/24GHz
    Are you using a G-Sync display and if so do you have G-Sync enabled, as well as Low Latency Mode set to Ultra?

5. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    as @Mda400 asking, this settings is set when you have G-Sync enabled and LLM set to Ultra, I see it too.

6. zansiball

zansiball Guest

No and No
    The default value is not off. It should be the same for everyone using the latest drivers.or does the default values depend on hardware?

7. Mda400

Mda400 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti 3GHz/24GHz
    I asked just as I too, am looking into the reason why it is set this way.

Since you said you do not have G-Sync and ULLM enabled, but i do (under the global profile) then I would guess that the hex value is crucial to the functionality of Frame Limiter v3, but i am personally not certain since I have not tested choosing any other value for Frame Rate Limiter, then trying to set a frame-rate limit in the Nvidia Control Panel.

The OP in the thread you linked said that they found it to be related to Frame Limiter v3's functionality.
    If you are not satisfied with that answer, all i can suggest is that you test and play around with it yourself.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2020
  8. Guzz

Guzz Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    You'll find it in 452.06-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql\NVWMI\nvWmi.chm

9. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    @Mda400 @SpajdrEX

If you change that value to off, will that remove the "enforced" fps cap with Gsync+ULLM?

Curious.

10. Mda400

Mda400 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti 3GHz/24GHz
    Using G-Sync for applications running in windowed mode will cap the framerate to the limit of the desktop refresh rate no matter what ULLM is set to.
    So disabling ULLM here would not remove the fps cap.

If its a DX12/Vulkan application, it ignores the Low Latency Mode setting as the application controls the frame pacing.

As for exclusive full-screen G-Sync i have not yet tested if having ULLM enabled in DX11 and older applications forces an fps cap, but i'm sure someone else has.
    If i see no one has responded with that answer, i will confirm as soon as i can.

Edit: Exclusive-Fullscreen G-Sync + ULLM did not force an fps cap in a DX11 game such as Halo: MCC or a DX10 game such as Just Cause 2

Last edited: Sep 24, 2020

11. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Is the V3 Limiter limited to a specific DirectX level?

Cuz it doesn't work in all games, unlike RTSS.

12. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Default OFF, use RTSS.

DannyD likes this.