Forceware 84.20

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Anarion, Mar 9, 2006.

1. mosca.br

mosca.br Guest

GPU:
    MSI 7800GT + BFG 7800GT SLI
    I played fear for a long time last night and it started to become slugish and my system was paging as hell.
    I wonder if those drivers have some sort of memory leak, since after I restarted fear, everything was fine again.

2. _JP_

_JP_ Member

GPU:
    XFX GTX260 BE
    Maybe its you OS that has a memory leak?

3. wolf68k

wolf68k Member Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 6800GS 256MB AGP 400
    I've heard of FRAPS and I have FRAPS and yes I know it can take video captures and screen shots.
    However, correct me if I'm wrong but the IQ the drivers provide is improvement of what you see on the screen not what improvement of the images the card gets itself.

If you give the graphics card a crappy image, then it's going to display a crappy image no matter how high the image quality is set to. Crap in, crap out.
    But if you get the card a really great image but the drivers are set to low image quality then you'll see a crap image.

If you get the card a really great image and you have your image quality set to high, but your monitor is crap then you're going to see a crappy image.

I was just at a friends house helping with his brother's computer that was on a spare monitor. The monitor was crap; brightness all the way up and it was still dark, plus a lot of the text was blurry. But according to you it's the drivers fault not the monitor? Which would make no sense, since earlier that same PC minus the monitor was at my house on my spare monitor and it looked great and I know they didn't change the card's settings from default which is what they were when the PC was at my house.

My monitor is perfectly fine and of a high quality. So if the image looks like crap it's either the driver image quality setting or the image itself.

So how exactly will FRAPS help? Please explain in detail and feel free to correct me where I went wrong in the above.

//edit
    Oh BTW I have taken screen shots on my old system with an older monitor where I had to use the drivers to increase the Gamma and Brightness and sent them to other people also copied them to another system and the image did not look like it did on my old system. No noticable different in the brightness or gamma levels within the screen shot. True I didn't do it was FRAPS video captures, but FRAPS was used for the screen shots.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2006
  4. rebelflag

rebelflag Active Member

GPU:
    2X XFX GTX 260 Black Ed
    I believe I read that Nvidia is not going to release the new control panel until the 1st official driver release for Vista.

5. JxL

JxL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMR FirePro Dual D500
    incase any1 wonders it works fine on 6800 GS AGP. cant say i have noticed a huge change but my 3dmark scores went up by 20pts !! yay [sarcasm]

6. Evele

Evele Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700 XT
    Great driver. Same bench scores with better IQ than previous releases. COD2 looks great, no probs.

7. UnclePappi

UnclePappi Banned

GPU:
    Asus 680 2gb 1250mhz
    That was me with the .17 increase until I tried a few more games with AA and I've gotten a big increase like others have.

8. xankazo

xankazo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    sorry if I sounded a bit sarcastic, that wasn't my intention... what I really meant is that when you're looking for IQ changes in games you focus on things like Antialiasing, Anisotropic Filtering, texture quality, etc... which can very inaccurate when taken from a second source like a picture from a monitor, well, at least AFAIK...

9. CEO

CEO Member

GPU:
    XFS 7900 GT 630/1900
    Well, im definitely getting graphic anolomies well call them in COD2 and 3dmark 05. Textures are flashing between their normal and a lighter shade. I put my card to stock and no help. My brother has the exact same deal and a totally different system and card. Prolly back to 83.90 for me.

10. Kermit_the_frog

Kermit_the_frog Master Guru

GPU:
    2x BFG 8800GTS 640MB
    Dont like these in CODII they were a little choppy for me so I went back to the 84.12 which I like in all my games.

11. Cochise

Cochise Active Member

GPU:
    XFX 7800gt OC
    What settings are you using in fear kennyb? That does look alot worse than my screen captures.

12. KENNYB

KENNYB Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 8800 GTX 648/1900
    Forcing HQ through nHancer seems to alleviate the problems. I'm going to try the 4xS and 8xS.

13. wolf68k

wolf68k Member Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 6800GS 256MB AGP 400
    I'm sorry too if I seemed a bit raged. I was dealing with some dumb sh*t in another forum most of the day giving out wrong info about something else.

Ok so IQ as it in how much better the AA and AF looks. Ok that makes sense, I guess.
    That would also explain why I don't really see any difference in games and 3DMark (and the alike) because I don't often run with AA or AF on.
    I've only just started to use AA and AF in BF2 (in game settings) because I more or less can and because I'm tired at aiming at the wrong thing or shooting at things that aren't what look to be.
    Some day I hope to have a system that can truely match up with the game that's released, so I run full AA and AF anything else...too bad with my luck I'll be on my death bed by the time that happens so it won't matter anyway.

14. skyraider

skyraider New Member

GPU:
    Radeon RT 5700XT 8K
    84.20 Kick Butt

This is one of the smooooothes set of drivers I have encountered in a while (at least for my rig). IQ is great in COD2, and one of my old favorites Comanche 4.

Keep on fragging!

15. Jackmelots

Jackmelots Active Member

GPU:
    eVGA 7900gt KO @ Stock
    Does anyone here play madden 06, or swat4, and use these drivers?
    If so can you tell me if the problems are fixed.

Thx in advance

16. UnclePappi

UnclePappi Banned

GPU:
    Asus 680 2gb 1250mhz
    IDK if I'm the only one with this problem but Splinter Cell:CT has some serious graphic problems in the sky on the okkaido level. The entire sky goes from orange to black and back but stays orange around the tree outlines. Will test farther and report back. Also I haven't played this game in a while so I'm not sure if the problem is just with this driver. I'm using the banned drivers but I don't think that matters on this subject. Otherwise great drivers.

17. DJ badass

DJ badass New Member

GPU:
    2x Geforce 7800 GTX 256mb
    What is the best Driver for Gianward 7800 gtx 256mb i have tryed a good few but to many problems with some anybody any ideas?????????

18. The Kyle

The Kyle Banned

GPU:
    Radeon HD3870 / Radeon HD
    The IQ is pretty damn good but what's happened is I've had to lower my o/c alot because I'm starting to get artis in BF2 very soon after starting a game. I'm also getting other graphic corruptions. I don't know if I like them...

19. llerenaprincipe

llerenaprincipe Ancient Guru

GPU:
    DIAMOND X1950XTX 512MB, 650/2000Mhz
    have you tried using ATI tOOl works for nvidia as well
    look for artifacts
    at 500/1200 i get none
    but at 510/1200 get pretty ugly
    usually i use my card at 490/1180 those are the optimal frequencies or whatever

20. The Kyle

The Kyle Banned

GPU:
    Radeon HD3870 / Radeon HD
    With any other drivers, @ 500/1200 I could play BF2 for hours and hours and hours and not have one issue with artis. I used ATI tool for that because I wanted to make sure. In this case, I didn't need to use it because my game would actually glitch out and crash a few minutes in. I'm thinking I should go back to 83.91, since they had no graphical problems and I could run at a much higher o/c.