Flight Simulator patch should improve performance

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 18, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Microsoft FlightSim 2020 has been a bit of a sore ever since release, many bottlenecks in the Full HD and Quad HD resolution really limit graphics performance. Good news though, a new patch should imp...

Flight Simulator patch should improve performance

2. CRUBINO

CRUBINO Guest

GPU:
    Zotac Geforce GTX1080 FE
    oh come on, still no native VR supported? :'(

3. Andy Watson

Andy Watson Master Guru

GPU:
    Looking forward to the results. any indication when the patch is to be released?

I'll be interested to see what difference the 3090 makes when that is tested VRAM wise also.

Finally, the 3080/3090 are going to be an excellent cards to use for cpu testing in Far Cry New Dawn even at 2560x1440. It's always bugged me in the past when to show cpu in games testers had to use a resolution most people would not run at. A lot of people run at 1080 and 1440 /1600 in PCs now so the 3090 will be an excellent card to use with upcoming processors.

4. nevcairiel

nevcairiel Master Guru

GPU:
    You don't want to play it in VR until the performance drastically increases, or it won't be a pleasant experience. So see these as an important stepping stone towards that.

5. brogadget

brogadget Master Guru

GPU:
    2xR9 280x 3GB
    And you won´t have untill a DX12 update... speaking for me, I want to update my gcards only for FS2020, but no rush at all (look at the insane RTX30 fanboys rising the prices...), maybe I will even drop the 30 series and just wait for 5nm..going for a good used 2080Ti instead or waiting for AMD.

What I can´t waiting for is a RTX3090 FS2020 review...pleeeeeeease...

6. nick0323

nick0323 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus DUAL RTX2060S
    CPU usage on my 9700k massively reduced, runs so much better!

7. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Gonna hold off till this is on sale and has had a few more performance patches before I push the button.

Deleted member 213629 likes this.
  8. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    time to optimise...

9. Yeah, last time I think we actually saw two full-blown service packs released for the last Flight Simulator... something to that effect. Still, not saying it has to happen again, making a point of the sheer scope of these projects and the undertaking of touching them up as it were.