First Desktop in 6 Years

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Osmolar, Jan 3, 2005.

1. Osmolar

Osmolar New Member

GPU:
    PNY FX5700 Ultra 128MB
    After 6 years of laptop only use and spurred on by the game Joint Operations:Typhoon Rising, I finally bought a desktop.

I am currently using a PNY FX5700 Ultra 128MB and the 61.76 driver set as recommended by the seller. Is there a driver set that would provide better performance in this game?

Thanks to all replies and Happy New Year!

--
    Os

2. Garandhero

Garandhero Active Member

GPU:
    nVidia Geforce 7900GS Go
    Cool, try the 67.02's they are awesome.

Unfortunatly the FX series is trash, but it will run ur games at least better than a laptop.

3. Sobe

Sobe Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB
    Last time I checked the entire FX series wasn't crap...

4. Toxic Worrier

Toxic Worrier Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 275
    Hi man, Those drivers you have will probably be fine for that card, but you can always try the newest drivers. The newest ones that say whql are gonna be your best bet. If you check over here at guru every once in a while, you can keep up to date....and your 5700ultra is far from crap....
    good luck brohiem~~~~~ ;)

5. WolfPup

WolfPup Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG 6800 OC (12/5) extra pipes don't work.
    my 5700 ultra is still in my wife's computer and it plays JOTR just fine. It's not like my 6800, but holds it's own. the eye candy isn't turned up, but it's not like i 'm playing on low settings with the 5700u either. most of the settings are on high/ with 3 being on medium @10x7 and it's doing like 37-42fps. It's playable. lower settings makes it more so, but not totally necessary.

6. Epz

Epz Member

GPU:
    XFX 6800 GT (400/1100)
    The FX-series is the biggest mistake in Nividia's history imo. They perform poorly with dx9 and the IQ is really bad, no matter what driver (I noticed this when i went from a 5900 to a 6800 gt)

7. {HLH}

{HLH} Guest

everything at max on nfsu-2 except motion blur, light trails, over bright, and enhanced contrast on a 5900XT @ 1600x1200

so yeah .. the FX series is crap :p

8. {HLH}

{HLH} Guest

and pls people ignore the newbies,.. they don't know much at all....

blame television

9. benktlottie

benktlottie Maha Guru

GPU:
    BFG 7800GT (480/1200)
    Bit harsh HLH, we were all newbies once mate ! I had an FX card once, and didnt really rate it. It was crap...

10. targett

targett Master Guru

GPU:
    7800GTX 256mb
    every one is intitled to there opionion, and just cos u have a low thread count on a board doesnt mean u dont know anything or that u are new to the world of computing.

if some one has had a FX series card and didnt like it and can give a good reason for it then who is anyone else to argue over it.

like wise for some one who had/has one and does like it.

targ
    keeping the peace