FIFA 15 and SMAA issue

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by valkyrjur, May 7, 2015.

1. valkyrjur

valkyrjur Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070ti
    I have many crashes with fifa 15 since 1 week ago and i think the problem is SMAA filter. I tried multiple configurations and the game only works fine with SMAA disabled.
    It is weird, probably and update of the game or something because smaa via radeonpro or reshade + sweetfx 2.0(Only SMAA activated) crash the game .
    I'm using 15.4 drivers under windows 8.1 fully updated but i tried 15.3, 14.2(omega) with same result, the game start to stutter in the middle of a match and then fifa15.exe stop working. Origin in game is disabled.

2. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Can you find and delete all the reshade + sweetfx files you put in your game directory?

Download reshade, or open it if you have it, look at the files (keep them on the right hand side of the screen), find them all and delete them from Fifa Directory (keep this on the left hand side of the screen), turn RadeonPro off, and run the game by itself with SMAA enabled from the Game Settings (Put it on 2x or 4x) and see if the game runs. We need to troubleshoot what is causing your problem, if it's radeonpro, or reshade or the game itself crashing. Unless you always had this issue from the start?

EDIT #1: Once you've deleted all of the reshade files from Fifa Directory (just in-case you don't know the directory, it should be Local C/ProgramFiles(x86)/OriginGames/Fifa15), go to Origin, right click the game, and repair files (so that the game installs any missing files which might have been deleted or overwritten by accident)...

Once you've repaired the game go to:

Local C/ProgramFiles(x86)/OriginGames/Fifa15/Installer

and run the setup files in all 3 folders (DirectX11, Dotnet, and VC). Just in-case.

Last edited: May 7, 2015
  3. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    @Blackfyre

it has been the same since release, using smaa or fxaa via reshade crashes the game, re installs of the game and/or the required programs will not help anything

i use reshade without any smaa or fxaa and just use 4x aa in the game launcher, i also use radeon pro for 16xAF and triple buffering, you can also use the "flip queue size! in the advanced tab set to 1 or 2 to get the least amount of input lag on a controller

4. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Yeah I don't use SweetFX 2 Beta + re-shade with Fifa or games I play online, so I wouldn't know if it caused Fifa issues (thanks for the info, i'll keep that in mind). For online games I only use RadeonPro to apply SweetFX through that (and that uses an older version of SweetFX). SMAA & FXAA through RadeonPro don't crash the game though.

AS for the OP, you can scroll down for my thread in this section of the forum, maybe it's on page 2 now, which I talk about fixing micro-stuttering for Fifa 13,14, and 15. But the settings I posted are mostly aesthetics (aka for looks, you might like the way I have Fifa setup).

5. valkyrjur

valkyrjur Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070ti
    Hello,
    I've using SMAA through radeonpro since september with no issues. Is too weird because I didn´t change nothing in radeonpro configuration and "from dusk til dawn" stop working. So it's the reason to try reshade (only smaa active without radeonpro active) but with no luck, "fifa15.exe" stops working after a while :bang:
    I readed your guide for micro-stuttering and use fxaa blurs a lot in this game. And other thing that I don't understand is why set up the monitor refresh to 120HZ if you use a 60 Hz panel?
    And for sweetfx preset i'm using kputt's.

Last edited: May 7, 2015
  6. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    RadeonPro is not going to overclock your monitor so you don't need to worry, and we're setting FPS to 120, this forces the game to always try to pull 120FPS out of your videocard even though you're gaming at 60Hz, it makes the game feel smoother because the videocard doesn't throttle.

But yeah like stated above, apparently reshade SMAA doesn't work with FIFA 15 as stated above.

7. valkyrjur

valkyrjur Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070ti
    For me reshade and radeonpro SMAA doesn`t work, crash after few minutes of gameplay. The last test that i run 1 hour ago was with Boulotaur2024's Injector with 1.5.1 Shaders (x64 support) and only SMAA active and crashes too. So definitely SMAA no longer works for me.