FFVII : PC Version

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by TenderSurrender, May 6, 2006.

1. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    So we'll never get a true remake is what they're saying.

2. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Pretty much yeah.

I think they said 10 was close, but not close enough.

3. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    In terms of 'overall greatness', I think FFX stands between VI and VII.
    Well, as long as you don't put FFX-2 to the mix.

4. Norvekh

Norvekh Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080 Ti
    I had been wanting to play this game again and saw this thread. Bought it and it's nice enough. I'll take my time with it, but it's nice having it on PC without having to use an emulator. But I really want VIII.

5. Andrew LB

Andrew LB Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080@2,025
    Yes. But you have to run a pre-mod tweak available over at http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php in order for them to install.

Yea. So basically Square Enix is saying the chances of a true remake are slim to none because I think most people will agree that FF7 was truly a masterpiece. A feat which rarely is accomplished more than once in a game series. The only chance they have in surpassing VV7 in any future game is if they shift their focus somewhat away from all the eye candy and actually do what game studios had to do when graphics capabilities were nowhere near todays level... and that's focus on story and character development.

6. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    They won't do a remake cause they reckon it'd finish the franchise off. Which might ring true cause if a proper HD/SHD remake was made of FF7 I wouldn't need another FF game. Plus, it's the only FF game I'm interested in anyway.

7. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Been playing X on PCSX2 and have to say it so refreshing to play something that really places story at the top of it's list (Just like VII), and the gameplay never gets old. Cant believe how far the FF series has fallen from such brilliance.

Dont know if I really want a remake as my memories of this game are tide to how it was/is, the style and not so great gfx. Think Square really need to get back to basics, I mean they've got the gameplay mechanics laid all ready as that's not something most FF fans wanted to change when it went from X/X-2 to 12 with the real time combat, imo that completely changed it from a FF title to something i really just could not be bothered with.

Square (the publisher) of late have had/got some really awesome titles under their banner and I really don't understand how they let the FF series end up the way it has.

8. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
  9. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Hmm, thanks for the head up JonasB.

10. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    siliconera.com - FF8 is getting the hirez treatment for its upcoming pc release, I dont if that just means playing at 1080p+ or if they're giving it a proper go this time.

sorry, on my vita so cant paste the link.

Edit: lol, I thank JonasB for the ff8 info, then somehow/some reason, I go and post the exact same thing as if I didn't even see JonasB post, wtf.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2013

11. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Tifas bootleg mod...

Download it, it's awesome and compatible with all versions of FFVII.

Fmvs given an upscale and filtered to get rid of the ugliness, same goes for ingame backgrounds.

Hirez textures and customs character models.

Skip movies: Crtl+S

Link.

forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=13212.0

Last edited: Jul 15, 2013
  12. dope18

dope18 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Geforce GTX 570
    All I want

are the higher res backgrounds....but I don't want to go thru the whole Tiffas Bootleg modding process to do that. Is it possible to JUST replace those background files with new ones??

13. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Depending on what version you have, you maybe able to just replace them with a drag an drop, but with the bootleg you can just download the bootleg.exe files (small in size) then run it and just select the backgrounds you'd prefer and that should be that.

You can, as links are provided, just download each mod separate instead of one large torrent file.

If your not to keen on trying yourself, on my weekend I can have a go at it and report back, but you can always just copy your current installation then delete and replace in the event something goes wrong, though I'm sure your already well aware of how to mod stuff.

14. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    Yeah, I'm not sure why a lot of people think the HD re-releases of FF7 and FF8 is the first it was on PC, it came out a long time ago.
    It doesn't take much modding to make FF7/8 run in HD, and there are a bunch of HD texture mods and more detailed model replacement mods. Really the only difference with these new versions is achievements.

15. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Its that the game is easier to get a hold of now, the only other source was the torrent version (ultima and vanilla) and luck finding a secondhand version. Also the re-releases are compatible with today's OS's, the original was and still is a pain in seat muscle to get up n running.

Why anyone would play or replay a game just for achievements is something ill never understand. Completing a game was achievement enough.

16. dope18

dope18 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Geforce GTX 570
    do u remember..

..what files you used yourself for the Hi-res field art and battle backgrounds???

And that was my plan...to just drag and drop.

So my other question being did some crazy awesome person take each of those battle backgrounds and field art from the original and upscale them? Those were really really low resolution right??

17. rievhardt

rievhardt Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 7870
    do you guys think that it will be included in the summer sale?

18. Omagana

Omagana Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Doubt it

19. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I'll be happy to provide you with a list an some screens, most probably this Thursday (NZ), but as far as the field art goes...

The backgrounds are given either a sharp or blur filter (maybe some upscaling involved), think ermm... The only example I can think of right now would be similar to Bastion. You can choose between that or a sharper look or a mix; the 'Bootleg' option is what it's called within the setup process.

As far as the other world textures; pretty much a complete retexturing, like in battle mode you'll see that the ground texture are completely redone and look no different to what you might see in most of games currently, as in more detailed etc.

If your after something along the lines of keeping everything original except for the environment, then that is easily done with this mod.

20. dope18

dope18 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Geforce GTX 570
    awesome sauce

very cool...thank you.