Fallout 4 Performance Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by RexOmnipotentus, Nov 9, 2015.

1. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    That is awesome to hear! Are you locking down the FPS with RadeonPro or something? This is all very interesting to me seeing as I've stopped playing Fallout 4 because of terrible performance on my 290.

2. Waterking32

Waterking32 Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390x / 8gb
    Nope. I just went into settings and disabled the ipresentinterval and iforcesmoothness (I can't remember the exact names) and it unlocked the fps and disabled vsync.

And then of course clockblocker really helped by keeping my overclock in place at 1140mhz instead of fluctuating around 800. Then I used the enable gpu unified usage to show the correct usage. It's still hovering around 60 percent but performance is much better, so I have no problems with it.

Give those two settings above a shot though. The ipresentinterval and iforcesmoothness really helped me out.

3. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Crossing fingers.

New Beta patch 1.4.125 (927.7 MB)

http://steamcommunity.com/games/377160/announcements/detail/907843576951945141

Creation Kit in April:
    http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...ses-fallout-4-dlc-mods-amp-survival-mode.aspx

Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
  4. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    I will begin playing when first DLC arrive's (more fixes and stuff)

Maybe a better amd drivers also.

*Fingers Crossed*

5. Santiago P

Santiago P Guest

GPU:
    R7 260X 1200 MHZ 1800MHZ
    The difference between Patch 1.2 and 1.3 is huge?

6. flow

flow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX3080 oc
    Not really no. But there are some quest fixes yes.

7. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    i dunno, the settler job icon is a pretty massive deal.

8. flow

flow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX3080 oc
    Yeah, and new settlers now automatically take care of food. You had to assign them prior to latest patch.
    Well sure, there are some good improvements. Speedwise though it's not that much faster. Just a little bit smoother.

9. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Full Dialogue Interface mod has an optional updated version for Fallout 4 1.4 patch:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1235/?

10. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    DLC On March 1st?

11. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    update for shadow boost as well.

12. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Fallout 4 new update (version 1.4.132?) and another Shadow boost update..now outdated.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2016
  13. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    Well I can say the game is much smoother and visualy pleasing to play on my i7 4790k then it was on fx 6300. I dont get random slow-downs anymore like I use to. Btw I did not read whole thread but does anyone know if this game supports Sli? My 780 does really well in this game but just wondering.Nz

14. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    um. yeah...

id think so...

lol

15. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    It's not strange you didn't see Nvidia info in this game thread: it's under AMD GPUs sub forum.

Yes, fallout 4 has SLI support in Nvidia drivers.

Nvidia added SLI support for this game at least 2 months and a half before AMD added CFX support.

16. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    Something really new on NexusMods site:
    Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch by Unofficial Patch Project Team

That's why many gamers play on PC :D

17. silis

silis Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 X 8G
    Did they fix 120/140hz monitor bug? Im not speeding anymore while walking have a 1.6.3.0 version..

18. Garwinski

Garwinski Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX Fury X
    Today I bought Fallout 4. In crossfire, I get horrible corruption/flickering of textures, you can see almost nothing on the screen and you have to lie down for a while to recover from the seizure-inducing flickering. I have tried disabling a lot of graphical options step by step, nothing helped. I even reinstalled my drivers (yes DDU and stuff), no change. Very strange, as the Fallout 4 Crossfire profile works perfectly for me on TES: Skyrim Special Edition.

I have searched all day for solutions, but apart from one guy that reported the same problems under a news-article for AMD drivers a few months ago, I cant find anything that could help the problem. It seems that crossfire problems have been fixed from around February, as practically no one has been complaining ever since.

Anyone with the same problems, or maybe a solution?

19. chris89

chris89 Master Guru

GPU:
    RADEON R5 M430 2GB
    You may try 16.9.2 for corruption since those drivers worked the best so far on all hardware. I'm running 390X, I too see texture flickering even with 8GB of video ram... texture flickering on ReLive drivers. Are you modded? Since modded Fallout 4 sometimes runs into the texture flickering with too many mods or the wrong combination of mods... Plus I'm suffering from poor performance @ 3200x1800 atm, when it ran fine before I for no reason flashed Limited Power Bios, when DeLimited Power Bios runs smooth at 3200x1800 ultra with mods like ReGrowth Overhaul.

So right now I'm searching around for Crimson 16.1 modded for 4k vrs on GCN 1.1 gpu's like 290/290x/390/390x... My 390X is up to 80GPixel/s & 220GTexel/s so it can handle the high res if power is not a limiting factor...

Card is holding on to power limited bios, even after flashing back to De-limited power bios... Gotta figure out how to get it to work right... I'm thinking a full reinstall of the os and start fresh... Modding is fun but when it starts to run bad, it really sucks haha

If only I had a new system... planning on running a custom chassis by Silverstone if they release it for the SuperMicro X9DRG-QF Dual LGA 2011 Xeon System... The SilverStone chassis will support every single size motherboard and have exceptional features... Maybe it will be called the SilverStone Triumph or SilverStone BOSS... haha

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
  20. SacredKnight27

SacredKnight27 Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Is it normal for the depth of field effect to have kinda a...lined appearance? It just looks like there's horizontal lines, almost like a scanline effect, going through textures and such. I don't know if this has always been there and I'm just noticing it now or if its new but its irksome because I don't know if its just the way this game's DOF looks.