Entire Intel 12th Generation Core Line Retail Pricing in the United States Leaked

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 15, 2021.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    Considering the clocks aren't higher than that, perhaps Intel indeed managed to gain a significant IPC boost. That ought to be the most welcome news to anyone planning to build a new PC.

3. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Looks alright if the performance is there.

4. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    Pricing seems OK. I'm interested in seeing performance and power consumption/heat.

5. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    I'm gonna start building rig in few weeks, i'll start with everything but the cpu and mobo and hope by November we have these 12 series, i'd even wait till december but no later.
    I'd get a nice i5 for gaming.
    either that or a 10900k, big fan of those.

Airbud and cucaulay malkin like this.
  6. illrigger

illrigger Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Just save your money and buy everything at once. If something is bad, you won't know until the seller return period is over, and you will be stuck waiting weeks for a manufacturer warranty replacement.

Mufflore likes this.
  7. mackintosh

mackintosh Maha Guru

GPU:
    Pricing looks to fit assumed performance very well, though no gamer with a Coffee Lake and above should bother until the next refresh. Save your money for a decent GPU. Come Q4 2022 we'll have both a refresh and the AMD response. That would be the moment to upgrade.

8. umeng2002

umeng2002 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Super
    God knows Intel is going to market these with thread count and not core count.

I’m interested how the big plus small setup will work in Windows with older software.

AMD can just spam more “real” cores per dollar to get better performance, damn the efficiency crown if needed.

Zen does not have a known Achilles heel like Bulldozer that would prevent a good AMD response with V-cache/ further refinements.

Interesting times. Too bad the GPU market is totally screwed.

9. waltc3

waltc3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 50th Ann 5700XT
    So, again, when will Intel ship these, as in a firm ship date--or does Intel plan to just silently introduce them at differing times? Has anyone seen a 690 motherboard as of yet--someone testing an AL CPU says the memory bandwidth is great, but the latency is very high, and that sounds like they tested with early DDR5 ram in some platform or other. I would expect very loose timings in DDR5 for a while. But we are still sans any reviews of the Alder Lake CPUs and we have no firm release dates from Intel--does anyone know when the NDAs expire?

10. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    imo if you have a +400eur/usd budget,get something new
    10th gen is a nice option,but only if you're looking for bargains.
    they're not even good at current prices since they went up again.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2021
    Airbud and DannyD like this.

11. Krizby

Krizby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4090 TUF
    why bother with 10900K and limit yourself to PCIe gen3? MS DirectStorage is at our door step already, I would only buy PCIe gen4 CPU+Mobo at this point.

DannyD likes this.
  12. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    I'll probably wait for 12gen but january latest, i could go with evga step-up till them and sort gpu situation, i've done step-up in the past and it's quite painless, and back then cost efficient.(was offered a 780 for my 760 back then).

Krizby likes this.
  13. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    For sure.
    I fell foul of this with overclockers.co.uk, they dont stand behind their customers so I no longer am one.

edit
    This happened many times, I was a bit of a sucker for a while.
    The trouble they put me through even trying to get a response, they misdirected and left things hanging with no reply.
    It took a threat of solicitor action to get a resolution and even then they tried not to pay the full amount due.
    No apology either!
    You have to be wary of every single aspect, then chase up everything.
    B@stards.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
  14. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Why is it, when I click on an image to view, it asks me to save, there is no method of viewing directly?
    I have never been able to view images that are not placed in the article unless I save to my hard drive first.

15. Tom Sunday

Tom Sunday Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS ROG Strix 4090
    [QUOTE="Kaarme, post: 5946744. That ought to be the most welcome news to anyone planning to build a new PC.[/QUOTE]

Indeed there will be many new system builders once the new Z690 MB's and the Core i9-12900K will arrive just around the corner. For once now many of us will have all of the cards on the table when comparing notes with what AMD has to realistically proffer against it. The downside (including myself) is of course the continuing non-availability at MSRP for any of the 3000 series GPU's and which makes building an all new system very much incomplete. Even perhaps for some enthusiasts to hold off further with their ($4500+) new build including a new 32/34 inch high refresh 4K monitor and until premium GPU's can readily be picked-up at Best Buys. The next 6-months will however be very interesting on the 'tech-channels' as literally thousands of avid revelers will have different and heated opinions on how the new desktop ship should be sailing. I personally wonder though what the Intel stock will look like in their 4th quarter report in early 2022. Food for thought!

16. kakiharaFRS

kakiharaFRS Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3090
    waiting for :
    1) 1080p low thread amount game benchmarks like flight sim etc...
    2) motherboard layouts and manuals to see if we get more bandwith than for a single gpu this gen
    3) seeing what's the memory latency like, I didn't care before switch to amd but it seems to matter a lot for gaming especially on struggling or modded games pushed to their engine limits

p.s. yep definitely do not buy parts you can't test asap alone, I noticed one thing tough several high-end X570 disappeared quite quickly from the shops while waiting for my 5950x to be available, upside is you might get a better one with time I don't regret missing the x570 creation and gettting a crosshair dark hero instead