Downsampling Dark Souls II issues

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by Cybernaton, Aug 2, 2014.

1. Cybernaton

Cybernaton Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780 "FTW" 3GB
    I recently started to tamper more with Downsampling, and I did it in Borderlands 2, Deus Ex Human Resolution and Crysis Warhead successfully. In Dark Souls2's case, the game crashes when I change the resolution with and without Durante's injection (GeDoSato) and it won't start unless I run compatibility troubleshooting and change the resolution back to 1080p.

Also, a question: what kind of difference is between XSSAA and a custom resolution? For example, I have 4k (3x AA) 60hz and 2850x1600 at 100hz. It is obvious that 4k is a higher resolution, and will essentially produce less artifacts/jaggies, so are custom resolutions effective? I felt that 4k is a bit too much; it is only good for old/weak games and taking screenshots.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2014
  2. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    http://blog.metaclassofnil.com/?p=567

DS2 has a dedicated downsampling tool with a bunch of other nice graphics mods (smaa, colour profiles ect) built in too.

DS2 at 4k looks awesome :3

3. Cybernaton

Cybernaton Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780 "FTW" 3GB
    I am using Durante's GedoSato. The game crashes when I change the resolution even when I am using the injection. Previously, it didn't change the resolution and when I press + it says "not downsampling"; the game starts in windowed mode when I restart after changing the resolution WITH the GedoSato injection. Now it simply crashes.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2014