Download: AMD Chipset Drivers v18.50.0422 for Ryzen and Threadripper Motherboards

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Embra and blitz72 like this.
  2. waltc3

waltc3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 50th Ann 5700XT
    Yes, last update was 10/26/18! Good catch!

blitz72 likes this.
  3. Kaill

Kaill Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
    thanks for the heads up, checked the MSI live Update 6 Application and it had the chip set drivers.

4. Dimitrios1983

Dimitrios1983 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX580
    Windows 7? Am I reading that right?

5. AntiSnipe

AntiSnipe Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6600
    The actual chipset drivers in the package are the same as the old package, for me. A few are even older than the 18.50.16.01 package MSI provides for my B450 board.

6. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Glad to see I wasn't alone in that....

7. bernek

bernek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7900XT
    So 18.50.16.01 is newer then ? and we don't need to update ....

8. AntiSnipe

AntiSnipe Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6600
    18.50.16.01 MSI package has 2 or 3 newer drivers in it...not sure about other brands (Asus, etc.), but even the last AMD provided set 18.10.1810, was the same drivers as these. I guess something in there is updated, but nothing I actually install, which is just the actual chipset drivers via device manager > INF files.

These:
    AMDPSP
    GPIO_ML
    GPIO_PT
    PCI_INF
    SMBus

9. Respoda

Respoda Guest

GPU:
    asus 740gt
    When I go to the official page of amd, you can get v19.10.0429, so I'm wondering why here there's only talk of v18.50.1601 as if that's the final one ?

https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/x470

I also cannot find any mention of these newer drivers anywhere on guru3d...so what gives ?

10. AcidSnow

AcidSnow Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    ...Forgive me for being totally out of my element here, but am I supposed to install this on my ACER laptop which is using a Ryzen 5 2500U? ...Or do I wait until ACER uploads a modified-version onto their support page? I don't understand why this is uploaded if it isn't for everyone to just auto-install right now.

11. XPJay

XPJay Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 64 Rf
    This is for desktop chipsets. Acer's webpage for your specific model should have the latest chipset drivers. If you're running the Acer update software, you would already have the latest one.
    I ran this and also saw nothing new for Asus B-350i. I think AntiSnipe is right. There must be some changes. They just released another new bios so it's probably for that. I really like the last bios after it added Precision Boost Overdrive. I haven't updated to the newest one. It had this for the description "Update AM4 ComboPI 0.0.7.2A for next-gen processors and to improve CPU compatibility"
    Edit
    The previous bios had this "Update AGESA 0072 for the upcoming processors.
    ASUS strongly recommends that you update AMD chipset driver 18.50.16 or later before updating BIOS."

Last edited: May 15, 2019
  12. XPJay

XPJay Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 64 Rf
    AMD use different release numbers than the board manufacturers. I know it's quite confusing. I don't get why they can't be consistent. BTW It's recommended that you do a clean install if your going from AMD update to ASUS,MSI,etc update or vice-versa.

13. Geoffrey Morris

Geoffrey Morris Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080GTX
    When I installed them the AMD Ryzen balanced plan is not installed, it just shows the standard Windows plans.

14. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Ryzen power balanced plan was needed only for the versions of Windows 10 prior 1803 to disable core parking. Starting with 1803 Windows 10 correctly disable core parking on balanced and high performance power plans with Ryzen CPUs, so it's not needed any-more.
    Please note that with or without Ryzen balanced power plane, core parking is always enable when power saver plan is selected, despite the new additional power mode slider in PC setting (which should only act in the range of the CPU dynamic clock)

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
  15. Geoffrey Morris

Geoffrey Morris Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080GTX
    Okay I was wondering because on AMD's driver page it still lists the AMD Ryzen Balanced Power Plan as part of the package for revision 1.6.13.0400.

16. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Probably is still maintained for older version of Windows.

17. tavukum

tavukum Guest

Can we install this driver on windows 8.1?

18. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I'm not seeing any of these driver version on the website for x470 or x370, where are you getting them?

19. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti

AMD and its inconsistent versioning lol.

the versions being talked about previously are listed under the "Previous versions" link.
    https://www.amd.com/en/support/previous-drivers/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/x470

18.50.0422 and 19.10.0429 are older than 1.6.13.0400

"This is an all-new chipset software installer with updated UI, optimized package size, package versioning unique to the chipset drivers, and improved installer performance."

20. Darklion1992

Darklion1992 Guest

What is the better option to user as power plan?
    Ryzen Balanced or Ryzen Performance?