DNA-ATi 5.1.7.5x32 Released

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by KillerSneak, Jun 9, 2007.

1. Decane

Decane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    It is a replacement for the Official Catalyst 7.5 display driver. It does not come with the bloated POS called CCC, but rather, a custom, ultra-light version of the excellent ATI Tray Tools. Yes, it is for Windows XP.
    Part of it can be found here, and part of it can be found in KillerSneak's head. :D
    Yes, unless you feel alienated by the red (IMO terribly ugly) ATT DNA skin.

@ KillerSneak: Would it be possible for you to add an option to the DNA-ATI installer where the user can specify which ATI Tray Tools skin he/she wants? I'm very satisfied with the DNA-ATI drivers in all other aspects, but the red skin just IMO looks plain ugly. I would much rather have the default ATT skin. Also, and I realize that this is probably not something you want to hear, but I'd like to ask whether it is also possible to make the "DNA-ATI Advanced Tweaks" database view optional, such that the Direct3D and OpenGL sections would be just like they are in the normal ATI Tray Tools (separate and accessible via the ATT main menu), and only the actual advanced tweaks which you have added would be in the Advanced Tweaks section along with the ones already there by default? Perhaps have a database called "DNA-ATI Custom Tweaks" for the custom tweaks you and Dr.House have added? I feel very alienated by DNA-ATT for the two aforementioned reasons, hence why I have *temporarily* reverted back to the official Catalyst 7.5 driver + ATT v1.3.6.1042.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2007
  2. KillerSneak

KillerSneak Banned

GPU:
    2x HD 3870's CrossFireX
    heeh yeah i still have to redo the DNA-ATT and try to explain some settings some more.

Yeah i could make it every color, and maybe i can add it to the installer (it can be done real easy but i have to look into recoloring the RED skin first :) )

It's just that i'm very busy with a new website atm :D

Also the normal tweaks won't be added sorry. It's because most tweaks of the Normal D3D and OGL can also be found in the DNA-ATT advanced tweaks. I can place them in a seperate tab sorry. I also done this because some tweaks are hard coded and if i enable the normal D3D and OGL tabs they can be alterd.

Ill look what i can do to further enhance the DNA-ATT

3. binormalkilla

binormalkilla Master Guru

GPU:
    HD4870X2 XSPC water block
    Hey I tried this driver and it looks really promising! I have a few questions though:
    1) How do I enable Catalyst AI to advanced (for Crossfire Alternate Frame Rendering Mode)
    2) Where are the 3d settings, such as AA and HQ AF? I don't have them in the ATT...I have used the normal ATT before too.
    3) What about the T200 Unified AVStream driver? I have VIVO on one of my X1950 Pros and I think it needs this. I don't use it, but it will be annoying to see this wizard on every boot.

4. KillerSneak

KillerSneak Banned

GPU:
    2x HD 3870's CrossFireX
    Hi there

1) It's set to Advanced by Default in the DNA-ATi driver
    2) Tweaks -> Advanced Tweaks -> you will find it there :) aswell as many other tweaks
    3) Integrated into the drivers [*] Updated WDM installation, it's integrated
    [ ] into the main driver installation now.

5. Yay4Juggs

Yay4Juggs Member

GPU:
    x1950pro 512mb PCIe 621/1593
    how's the vista version coming along?

6. MaxBlade

MaxBlade Master Guru

GPU:
    980Ti/970/390/+ more
    for me one time I had to edit the atitray configuration file because it was turned off.

7. binormalkilla

GPU:
    Hmmm....thanks. I'll try the driver again this weekend. I'm currently running the Warcat 7.4s ATM, but these have better image quality.
    Not to mention that AA and possibly AF seem to be broken on the driver side of 7.4 for my card. I can only enable in the games..

8. binormalkilla

GPU:
    So if the driver is integrated into the installation, then why did it pop up when I restarted my PC? I am going to try it again tomorrow, as I switched the VIVO card to PCIE2, so it may not even need it now.

9. binormalkilla

GPU:
    Ok, installing the non-VIVO card in PCIE1 worked. BTW, how do I set the refresh reate to my monitor at 75 Hz? This is it's max, and I see the DDC...but I don't know if I should override. I do this in the CCC, and my games seem like they are having a ghost effect going on.
    This driver gave a HUGE boost in enemy territory quake wars beta, and actually allowed me to perform my resolution tweak. Cheers!

Where can I read some information on all of the D3D and OGL tweaks?
    Again, thanks.

EDIT:
    Is there a reason that geometry instancing is disabled by default? I was kinda wondering...

Last edited: Jun 23, 2007
  10. Zoea

Zoea Guest

any way this can be installed on vista? maybe without dx10 functions for older cards only?

still waiting for a modified 7.5 driver set this month :/ not the -CCC mod too.

11. binormalkilla

GPU:
    The current latest release is the modded 7.5. Get it here:
    www.dna-drivers.com
    or in the downloads section here.

12. binormalkilla

GPU:
    Also it doesn't look like the vista version is out yet. Next driver release.

13. KillerSneak

KillerSneak Banned

GPU:
    2x HD 3870's CrossFireX
    Yeah sorry for the late reply. Trying to iron out the bugs/feedback/optimizations in the current beta.

Vista drivers will follow when i get my new system (i hope @ the end of July) when i have the option/time to run Vista myself and test/mod the drivers in it :)

GI, isn't enabled by default as it can lower FPS. but it can make games look better, as i want the drivers to maintain a sertain speed i can't turn on all IQ tweaks.

14. Zoea

Zoea Guest

thanks killersneak

i think you will like vista once you make your custom install media with vlite (its based on win2k3 so it's good, it just installs a lot of slow features unless you vlite it).

also the dx core is more optimal in vista then xp or so i've read anyway. the 3d seems lower latency.

thank you for all your hard work i've been using mod drivers for ages which is why i'm so keen on a new set :) apparently these drivers arent all that hot performance wise so no 7.5 mod set is not too big loss :)

15. gx-x

gx-x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    this is plain wrong. It's sole purpose is TO BOOST fps, not to lower it, it has nothing to do with IQ.

If disabled, vertex data is NOT duplicated (although it depends on 'per application requests' in most cases) but rather re-entered/re-requested (for each duplicated part of a tree for example) and it uses more CPU time (cycles), therefore possibly degrading overall performance.

Since I know 'a bit' about shader programming, I am not very much open for discussion on this subject any further :) You can try it yourself in a game like Oblivion (in foilage area), try on/off forced and see for your self. SpeedTree technology relies very much on GI, and is very common and popular in today's and upcoming games.

Regards,
    gx-x

16. jhumur

jhumur Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1080 8 GB
    I installed the DNA drivers on my laptop (Asus V1Jp) with the Radeon X1700 and video is much darker than what it was with the OEM drivers. I have to crank up Gamma to 3 or 4 in the Video Overlay window whenever I'm watching a DVD or AVI. And I have to keep the Video Overlay dialog open the whole time, because if click "OK" and close the window, the gamma resets to default. (P.S. I also posted this at the DNA forum site; so begging your pardon if this is somewhat of a cross-post.)

17. Zoea

Zoea Guest

[i would just use the standard ones in that case jhumur...]

can we have an progress report on 7.7 Xp/Vista drivers thanks.

Im sure im not the only one in The world wondering :p