DirectX 12 Adoption Big for Developers Microsoft shares New Info

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 23, 2016.

1. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    For iGPUs the big deal is when the TDP are shared between CPU and GPU: lowering CPU overhead could potentially (note the double conditional semantic) increase GPU clock and so performance OR (logic OR, not exclusive) lowering the TDP @same performance.

2. __hollywood|meo

__hollywood|meo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6700xt @2.7ghz
    nope. czech guy has better english than you, a native speaker :p

3. heffeque

heffeque Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia MX150
    Here:
    http://www.amazon.com/LG-Electronic...fo-20&linkId=6a9951d69f4ab1dab06431614b1f9347

It's 4K, it's OLED, it has HDR (and Dolby Vision), passive 3D that actually looks good, doesn't need expensive glasses (ones from cinemas work) and doesn't give headaches, and... it's just beautiful.

No FreeSync or the likes though.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
  4. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    For that price I would have expected it to run both Fsync and Gsync ;):D j/k

5. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    ^ I think heffeque is one making jokes with
    Because if I go for $8000 TV, I'll not consider 4 pairs of $200 glasses as expensive.

Anyway, with that price I would expect parallax barrier passive 3d with auto adjustment like 3DS XL has.

And Adaptive Sync is must today for any high end display.

6. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Yeah I know, was just kidding. With 8800$ it's way to expensive for me, I'm certainly not the target audience, and TV time is getting less and less for me anyway.

7. heffeque

heffeque Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia MX150
    Well, wasn't actually saying it purely because of the price, but because of the low tech glasses need to be for this kind of 3D, which is a great plus.
    As you commented, it's not as un-intrusive as as no glasses at all like the 3DS XL, but this approach gives less headaches than active 3D, and parallax barrier passive 3D is VERY dependent on viewer's position, which is a very big no-no on TVs.
    This TV is thought for TV, not for a computer monitor, but who knows, maybe they'll add the feature in future models, or update the firmware on current ones to support it. Who knows.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2016