Destiny 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ramthegamer, Oct 13, 2017.

1. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I haven't played this game in over a month. I played weekly since October when it released. It's too repetitive and too limiting. Looter shooters are a genre I HATE admitting I LOVE, but damn it, I do. I never played the original Destiny, but I played and loved Division. Division makes it so you can jump in at any point and gain decent loot, continue to improve your gear score, etc. Destiny 2 gives you a limited about of things to do, weekly, and once those are done, you're basically dicking around until the Tuesday reset. This is limiting for me. I'm tired of doing the same crap, but now to improve my gearscore even more. Same enemies, same weekly take downs and missions, same locations to revolve through, same paths, same everything. Nothing changes.

HUGE, beautiful game, that becomes less daunting and more boring the more you get into it. I paid for the first two DLC in one package so I have the latest one now, but no interest in trying it. I will eventually. But only pushing the gearscore to 380 (Im at 333) doesn't seem like that big of a bump to me. If I started playing this new DLC immediately, I imagine I'd be close to 350 by now already. I sat at 330-333 for months. Boring.

My eyes are on Division 2 now. I just hope it's not a typical announced too early game with 4 delays and 2 e3 shows before it makes it out.

2. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    What's the player base on it anyway? It must have dropped like a brick, otherwise it wouldn't have been put in a Humble Bundle. It's one of the hugest releases of 2017, and not even a year has passed and it's bundled for 10 bucks...

3. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Last I read 3 months ago, the user count was at 7,500 on PC. Smh. Lol

4. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Player count on PC is probably really bad. On console not so much. Mind you the base game becomes worthless real fast and they know it, so they are not trying to keep the price up, in hopes that you will bite and then spend on the latest DLCs or cosmetic crap.

The grind from 350 to 380 feels brutal this time around. If you don’t have the group for regular raids it is going to take a lot of weekly resets. And yes, it is very annoying that once you are done with the weekly milestones, you have no hope for more leveling until the reset. I’m looking at it like this – reset, all the friends are online, join up, do all the stuff, have fun, level up, play other games till the next one :)

Serotonin and anxious_f0x like this.

5. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Can I join you in some raids? I always skip them because I have no friends lol. Not kidding, just laughing at the state of my life.

6. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Haha! Would love to bro, but I’m in the same boat. I have one friend that we play regularly with and that’s it. We are in a clan that does raids, but we get invited only if the main groups are missing a person to fill the last spot. Up until now I have completed the main raid two times and I consider it lucky..

7. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    I’ve hit a pretty hard wall at power level 348, sucks that there’s nothing you can really do solo to level up apart from weekly milestones, some of which are currently broken and not giving out the correct power level items, but hey, I played thousands of hours of the original game so I guess I’m not too surprised.

8. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  9. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    This Forsaken thing, people are praising it like crazy (I think?) since it's the thing that should turn the tide for Destiny 2. What do you think? I personally am not a Destiny Expert since I'm only at 295+ atm and play very little. I did buy the Expansion Pass for 20€ at Humble (someone said 10 but I couldn't find that price) since I did like the vanilla story and I did get the game for free (a friend bought a GFX card and got the code which he gave to me).

I've not done Raids and hardly any Strikes.

10. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I'm still at 333 and have not touched the game in quite sometime. I haven't played any of the newest DLC even though I own it. Just don't care anymore. Too little, too late. My focus is on Division 2 now.

11. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Forsaken has brought back the grind. Random roll of perks for weapons and armor again. Feel they finally got back to what made Destiny fun. Bounties are back as well.

12. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    I'm still at power level 200 and haven't even finished the campaign...

somehow got bored and then Battle.net somehow got borked and updates for Destiny 2 would always fail to install.
    I even redownloaded the entire game once to fix it but when it happened again I thought screw this, I've better things to do.

That said I did enjoy the gameplay but somehow lost the incentive to push on (mostly due to update crap).

13. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    $40 to fix this boring game? lol no. In fact they should give me back my money.

cerebus23 likes this.
  14. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    As much as I enjoyed the demo, my interest in this one crashed and burned once a few friends gave me feedback on the final game.
    And, with every addition, update and DLC released... it only pushes the game further and further away from my "will buy" list.

15. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Can anyone please explain what % is 1440p resolution?

The only one I know other then native is

100% 1080p
    1440p is 125-130%?
    150% 1620p

Thanks. :)

EDIT: I googled a bit and found this, 1440 that's 1440 @ 100% or 1080 @ 133%

So I guess 133% then :D

btw new season is live with D1 elements in it., much better then last one..

Last edited: Mar 11, 2020

16. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    Haven't done much of the new content yet but the community is upset about a bunch of stuff it seems. I'm more upset about the crappiest netcode ever that is unable to provide a stable co-op experience. Started playing a bit with the missus and going through the campaign atm, the story missions are fine until we transfer to a public space at which point one of us gets dropped out. If I play on my own I have 0 issues. Never had any issues like that in past games and we coop a lot of games so I'm putting the blame squarely on Bungie.

PS. Yeh I've done all the port forwarding and most or all of the network related jazz that a mere mortal could do and none of it worked. I could whack one of our PC's on DMZ but I'm not going to do that just because of 1 game.

17. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    but winds up being 178% in DSR (because it scales pixels, not dimension)

18. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    Geez I think I finally figured out the connection issue I was having, took me tons of googling to finally find the breadcrumb that led me to the actual problem and the possible solution. The problem I was having was that I would keep getting kicked from my partners fireteam and it had to be her to invite me because the game wouldn't let me invite her. On her screen my emblem would show up all black and my light level was 0, she also didn't have the option to inspect my character, so I started searching that as the problem instead of the usual connection issues and eventually found a thread where some guy had the same problem with his fireteam and turns out one of the guys hadn't finished the New Light introduction fully.

I went to the Tower and saw I hadn't spoken to Ada-1 on this character as I initially made the character to just check the new player experience when The New Light update came but didn't fully complete it as I just did the tutorial level and then messed around a bit before going back to my main. I then logged in my partners character and saw that she had completed that step. As soon as I had spoken to Ada, my character was showing up to my partner correctly and I was able to invite her to my fireteam and travel about without issues.

This has to be one of the weirdest bugs I've encountered but I'm glad I might have solved it now, just need to test properly when she gets home.

19. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I only have occasional disconnect in Tower (weasel, beaver, one more), ingame coop not so much or very rare..

It use to be worse, especially at the beginning when it moved to steam, changing my name and remove any ascii fixed it, but now i changed it back and it seem to be better..

Im not using any dsr just ingame %, found ingame to have better downsampling that dsr.. and 150% looks like 2.25x dsr @1080p.. so you're saying driver 2.25x is like ingame 178%?

20. Evileh

Evileh Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 TI FTW UL
    Game is having disconnections like crazy right now