Cyberpunk 2077 delayed to November 19 2020

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 19, 2020.

1. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Nah, all of their games were delayed, some of them more than once. If anything it's a good sign that the game will be more Polished (I'll see myself out now :p).

itpro, Venix and Maddness like this.
  2. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    You do realize that Witcher 3 was delayed several times, right (and so were other games in the series)? And even at release it wasn't exactly bug-free and could have used some more polish. Better they take their time to make sure there are as few bugs as possible. In any case, I think Cyberpunk 2077 will be alright, eventually.

Plus, new GPUs and the new consoles will be out around their new targted release date, so they will have some time to ensure the game will run well on them (and probably even require them for the best experience).

To be fair, some of these patches just added some free DLC content.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2020
    sverek likes this.
  3. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Maybe he enjoys his early access games that never see the light of the release :D

PrMinisterGR likes this.
  4. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    Will they be delaying it till 2077? :rolleyes:

Undying likes this.

5. Yogi

Yogi Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6800
    No game survives contact with the gamer. :p

6. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    Gaming studios should only announce a release date when more than 80 or 90% of the game is finished otherwise it´useless and sometimes silly...

7. Embra

Embra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6950 XT
    Actually they should wait until they are certain the bugs will be worked out.

They announce such to sell pre-orders and keep the hype going.

itpro, Maddness and schmidtbag like this.
  8. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    I personally haven't seen any correlation between the quality of games that are delayed vs games that are released before they're ready. Games that are delayed are only something to worry about if there's not enough funding, but that leads to what Embra said, where the game is getting plenty of pre-orders, so, their funding is sufficient.

Yes, they don't want to fall short on the delivery of the hype they're built. Oddly enough, this delay may actually help dampen the hype.
    I totally agree about waiting though. Paying for a pre-order (especially because of the hype) means we're telling them "it's good enough as-is, you don't need to work on it anymore". Besides, how often do we ever benefit from pre-ordering? Best-case scenario, you get a few days of early access to a game that's horribly buggy. Why would I want to pay in advance for that? Remember - the game is digital. It's not like you have to buy "while supplies last". Pre-ordering is only helpful to indie developers who need help funding to keep the studio afloat and give the devs a morale boost. Pre-ordering AAA games is just simply a bad idea.

Embra likes this.
  9. DEADPOOL3980

DEADPOOL3980 Guest

GPU:
    980 4gb
    I hate when a company lies to us the game is 100% ready for PC is being held back for consoles which is a childs toy funny the game is for adults but aimed towards children

jbscotchman likes this.
  10. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    No doubt this is to align with the release of the new consoles. I mean what other AAA games do the consoles have to launch with?

Maddness likes this.

11. colindawg

colindawg Member

GPU:
    Well I'm still waiting for the 3080Ti for this bad boy so I'm all good with the setback.

12. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    "Remember remember the 19th of November" :p

jbscotchman likes this.
  13. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    What? Doom Eternal was delayed, and that had an amazing launch. Zelda Breath of the Wild was also delayed, and was also incredible.

Venix likes this.
  14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    DLC

15. ruthan

ruthan Master Guru

GPU:
    G1070 MSI Gaming
    Linux is hassle even for power user, too much time wasted on OS.. its maybe fine for some admins, which are living within it, but if want even Windows level like customization of user environment good luck, there are zillion graphical environments, but all quite locked. It has some advantages like shared libraries etc, so i has smaller footprint and its quicker to make image and restore - but there is lack of big backup and restore tools like Acronis, Paragon etc, so you are stuck with some limited tools and or scripting hell. Its getting better, but there is still not equivalent of Total Commander, some Windows users live within it. Im using it was because its free, i just boot on most of HW just by copy from other machine, quick to install, booting faster, has great bootloader - Grub, KVM cards pass throught and its funny to have something to compare with Windows.

For me multi-monitoring sucks - new Desktop icons, are added to left top corner, not on main desktop, most of games are starting on left not primary monitor, i not possible make panel on each monitor, which is sharing windows list for all session etc.. Its not often even possible to drag and drop web pages link from Browser address bar. There are some per distro problems - make stupid Steam desktop icon in Solus was hassle, there are even desktop icons disabled by default. Today i wanted just make to shortcut to some text fine on samba share, what is working within Windows, Mac by few clicks, but links not working for that.. And i can continue - i have installed Mint, Ubuntu, Fedora, Solus and Manjaro. I would recommend Mint too, its most human friendly. I really dont like Arch, its for very special sort of people, i like rolling philosophy, but nothing else.

It dont thing that it would be big thing for more users, until it will get rid of same bad mainframe foundation elements, like not boot into gui, because something wrong (like missing volume from fstab) - Windows safe mode great in comparison, tutorials using awkward text productivity editors, necessity to use terminal for settings, because missing options in GUI wizards, continual necessity of rewrite password, every few minutes when you configuring something, case sensitive file system by default, its annoying permission + owner system - for desktop its exorbitant.

Other issue are some Linux ports of popular application, which are simply much worse than on Windows, or just missing. Wine is now great for games, but for just some small WIndows you are used to use its not great..

16. bobblunderton

bobblunderton Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2070 Super 8gb
    No pre-orders here, except maybe on good books bashing Donald tRump...
    Will make sure to wait and see how this pans out. If it turns out good, it might be something to pick up. Might just as well wait until Chris's Mess sale for it.
    Stopped buying games at 60$ a long time ago due to crashing/day 1 patch hell. Now with all these different online stores, I buy even less because many are exclusive to other non-steam stores and hence I cross them off my list and forget about them (I do not pirate, period, either, though I have fancied some no-CD patches for some older titles to get them to run). When games also require more than one DRM service like uplay, origin, epic etc, they are also a write-off. Too many hoops for someone who's poor memory makes them always forget passwords, for me to be paying money for something. With all the hoops you have to go through (with a poor internet connection at that), it almost feels like they should pay me to have to suffer through all of that.
    So to that end, DRM free or Steam games, that's it. If it's not accessible through those means, I don't play it, and I keep my money.
    @ruthan I entirely agree about the linux stuff. Since first trying it in 1997, it's still just as much of a pain, though that said the 'dependency hell' has gotten a little better even for the roll-your-own type distros. Typing in passwords everytime I want to sudo or doing the ./configure ./make ./make install stuffs I do not miss one bit. When file sharing with a Windows machine, I joked to my buddy about 15 years ago 'it's easier just to hack into it than it is to legitimately get sharing set up'... which still to a lesser point holds true (this was stated when XP was in it's hay-day and Windows 98 / ME machines were still around though in dwindling numbers). I love linux, don't get me wrong, it's great, but it certainly was not built for anyone other than those who want to play administrator at home on their time and not get paid for it. Good for servers, not so good for users, and definitely not for the mindless iPhone-using selfie-taking crowd.

17. Valkyr09

Valkyr09 Member

GPU:
    GTX 2070 Super
    The witcher 3 game was delayed so many times. Turned out such a bad game ;)

18. k0vasz

k0vasz Active Member

GPU:
    nV GTX1060 6G
    lol, I guess programming is not something you can't do from home office

rl66 likes this.
  19. lukas_1987_dion

lukas_1987_dion Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Phantom GS
    Suuuureee ;)

20. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    We want, but I suspect this will be a game that forces people to upgrade. Start saving that "I have no life, it's the pandemic" money now.