CS:GO YouTuber McSkillet died in car crash, a mother and daughter killed

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 27, 2018.

1. NewTRUMP Order

NewTRUMP Order Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3080
    Tragic loss of life no matter how it happened. 47000 people killed in auto accidents last year in U.S. . 16000 killed by firearms. What should be banned?

2. waltc3

waltc3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 50th Ann 5700XT
    If it was his fault (as it seems), then yes, it is SOP to hire a lawyer and sue the estate for damages--provided there is an estate, of course.

3. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Idiots should be banned. Solves both.

yasamoka and Solfaur like this.
  4. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    We're reaching a point where there should probably be a separate license requirement for vehicles with a certain amount of performance. In many parts of the world, you need a special license to drive a motorcycle, a big rig, construction equipment, etc. But there's no restriction on high-performance sportscars, and it doesn't take much to make them a public danger. I see stuff about these cars getting wrecked all the time and all it takes is just some proper training and education. So many people buy these cars not having any idea how to handle them.

For the record, I'm not saying these licenses need to be expensive or stingy with rules. The purpose of them is to keep idiots off the road, where only those who actually respect these machines get to use them. As far as I'm concerned, it should cost no more or less than any other drivers license.

WalterDasTrevas and Solfaur like this.

5. waltc3

waltc3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 50th Ann 5700XT
    Yep, way too much car--the insurance alone must have been horrific at his age. I'm surprised he could even get insurance for it--probably couldn't get more than liability. But if he had liability insurance in force at the time then the family of the people he killed should be able to collect from that alone, even if he had nothing else of value.

6. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Yeah, because firearms are going to get me to work everyday.

yasamoka likes this.
  7. Enticles

Enticles Guest

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3070ti
    forum username checks out. the opinion does not.

8. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Let's not turn this into a debate thread.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  9. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    Just like young footballers whom rush out and buy Hypercars, they are too young and inexperienced to be allowed to just jump into a supercar and be able to handle it on road conditions.

I've driven a 650S on a track day and the power scared me and i'm experienced in driving high powered cars since i was 17 which is 30 years ago and still you need many hours of track driving before you can fully say you are experienced enough to handle a hyper car which the 650S is.

Honestly the UK handles these things with insurance, meaning the cost of insuring a hypercar or supercar @ under 25 will be more than the price of the actual car. Of course there's daddies who put there kids on their own insurance which is a small way to by-pass such rules.

Who knows what he was thinking but it's safe to say he must of been suicidal or high or something to drive down the highway the wrong way.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
    Solfaur likes this.
  10. elite69

elite69 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA rtx 2060 6gb
    Jesus god bless their souls now.

11. WalterDasTrevas

WalterDasTrevas Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX970 oc
    Are you really intellectually dishonest to trying to generate controversy with a stupidly ridiculous argument?
    Or do you really completely ignore the obvious reality?

yasamoka likes this.
  12. BIG HEAD

BIG HEAD Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980
    anti-depressants can cause suicidal and homicidal thoughts and actions ,,, in a small number of users as a side effect (ssristories .org.has a huge list of people's stories who have either killed themselves or others, while taking Anti-depressants, some stories are from the news and some are from scientific journals )
    I wonder with him being depressed if he was on them? ...either way its a tragedy ...
    I wish main stream media would do more investigation on how many mass-shooters where on the Anti-depression meds, most of the public is unaware these things. (but the media's biggest advertiser is Big-Pharma ... they wont bite the hand that feeds them)

13. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    He was going the wrong way on a freeway so it was more than losing control.

Solfaur likes this.
  14. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Human cannon ball? Sounds like a challenge, open the window and see if we can shoot someone straight into his chair at work?

15. patteSatan

patteSatan Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 6700xt
    The 2 I quoted wrote 2 different things, but both is true, and, for the idiot comparing vehicles to guns...?
    You seem to be next that does the same thing, in an old truck....with a Trump flag on both front fenders.

Last quote is true, big time.
    I'm 52 years young, if anyone questions me, and been on different ssri's sand I think the other is called ssnri's, nothing works, trust me, I wont blame the medication for what I have done, but I am sure that without, I wouldnt have tried illegal drugs.

16. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Or have some kind of separate test for high end cars like that to see if a person can drive a car like that properly. And you will have to retake the test every so often like if you get another high end car. Or have a sub section of Class C drivers licenses for a certain amount of Horse power like they have classes for Heavier vehicles like Big Rigs and School buses.

17. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    What a piece of crap...

fry178 likes this.
  18. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
    Its easy.
    Anyone below 10y of driving experience should not be allowed to drive a car with +200HP.
    Anyone above that gets "verified" they can handle the car they want to drive, price just the cost associated with it (tester/desk worker/permit).
    Insurance starts at 10% of the cars sales price, dropping by 25% every accident free year, eventually dropping down to "normal" price.

I see it similar to yachts. Only anyone thats (really) rich will have one, as its not just about having the money to buy one, but roughly 10% of its price will be needed per year for dock/crew/fuel/upkeep.
    So a 100M boat will cost another 100M for 10y just to "own" it.

Solfaur likes this.
  19. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
    Easy. Guns.
    They have no purpose except shooting, and No, hunting with a gun is not a sport.
    Especially in a country like the US, where ppl claim carrying guns makes it safer,
    yet no mass shooting was stop by someone having one (or there wouldnt have been a mass shooting in the first place).

20. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    You can skip the theoretical but yeah for certain cars a practical exam more focused on how to control your car seems sensible.