Crysis 3 VGA Graphics Benchmark performance review

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    Great article my man! Extra special work as usual.. :thumbup:

Hilbert or any of you guys do you know or can you recommend which(tbh I didn't Google it yet. I will do after this) is the best AA option? TXAA MED/HIGH or 2xMSAA? Or any of the other ones? Quality wise?

Not interested in 4x and obviously a big Hella NO to the 8x. :p

Although I agree with rest of the comment, unfortunately although it's only 9FPS more in 25x16, that 9FPS still corresponds to a 30% increased performance from the 680.

Everyone complains about the testing method. Guys Guru3D tested 22 cards. I repeat, 22 cards. Not everybody owns a 7950/7970 or 670/680 or SLI/CF.

He's been subjective and showing the results for a larger audience than just higher end GPU owners. A 6850 at High gets 25FPS and 18FPS in VHigh.

Now imagine he used 2xMSAA or even 4xMSAA. I don't see any reason post a 5FPS result. That would render over half or most of the lower cards unusable.

And if I had a 5850/6850/6870/7770 card and I knew that Guru3D doesn't test lower end cards and so my card wasn't included, I would definitely or at least probably wouldn't visit Guru3D to check the review. And that's bad for a website.

He post the results as a reference. The rest is up to the viewer to take it from there. E.g your card it's barely playable at VHIGH. SO with a pinch of common sense, you can understand that with a few settings tweak or lowering to High,
    it will become playable. Simple as that. No need to make everything complicated.

And about the different review results. I will quote the owner of this site and a well respect member of the Technology world.

Now imagine every review website posted the same numbers/results using the same review patterns as everyone. 2 dozens reviews all the same in general? NO THANK YOU.

And besides that if there was a specific review patterns companies might try to "cheat/optimize" specifically on those. I could go on and on about this and everything I said, but I will call it enough for now.. ;)

Last edited: Feb 23, 2013
  2. Speed Weed

Speed Weed Guest

GPU:
    GTX 260+
    The psychotic Psycho is brilliant! :)

3. mohiuddin

mohiuddin Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX670 4gb ll RX480 8gb
    @Koniakki,
    first, ofcourse i am grateful to guru3d and hilbert for this and all other reviews.
    As i think of them as the nearest unbiased reviewers if not totally unbiased, i first read their reviews.
    I give this team's review first priority.
    But, for AA, i prefer msaa over fxaa. Even no aa is preferable than fxaa in high-resolution-textures-game like crysis3.
    If msaa is unplayable then i would like to see no AA reviews.

Again, i appreciate guru3d's effort.

4. Cyrax

Cyrax Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti gamer SLI

5. Badelhas

Badelhas Active Member

GPU:
    Gtx670
    I am very happy to know that a gtx590 is still able to get good results at 1600x1200 (I own 2 gtx570 in sli). Thanks for the benchmarks!

So, in terms of visual quality, you guys recommend 2x MSAA, opposed to 2x TXAA,if your card can manage it?

6. WolfPT

WolfPT Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3070 GAMING X
    Awesome game, nice textures and not too ''portish'' :)

7. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    No worries. I'm sure you do appreciated. As all of us.

Although I quoted you, my reply was not directly to you. My apologies for not clarifying it. I just "used" a valid questions/concern you had, to give my opinion. We are all friends here. Well most of us at least. :p

+1 Would also like to know that. I asked basically the same question in a previous post of mine. I will quote it again:

8. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Personally I didnt like the implementation of any of the AA modes in C3. I realize its a matter of taste, but even the highly touted TXAA didnt do much for me, nor did MSAA. Not worth the performance penalties for what those modes offered, so settled on SMAA x 2 and higher game settings. FXAA looked the worst. I realize these AA modes can look and do better in other games, just didnt find them compelling in C3.

p.s. people need to experiment with the settings rather than ask which is best. Tastes can vary.

9. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    exactly, and we're lucky the cryengine is so tweakable for sure. :)

10. bucknuts21

bucknuts21 Active Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB
    This game kicks the crap out of my GTX 570 if I try to use any AA with High@1080p and normally causes a crash. My 1280MB of ram just can't handle it. Even with no AA it still uses around 1100MB, but at least no crash.

11. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    I'm not using any AA , Aero is disabled and it still hits max vram!
    (GTX580 1.5GB VRam)

12. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    My 6870 is great on medium.....High=No way man:bang:!!!!

13. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    I'm running maxed out, no AA and its 60fps most of the time, and quite often runs at 120fps!!
    Have forced 60fps max through MSI Afterburner, was the only way I could find to limit it to 60fps.
    It drops to 40 fps occasionally, but mostly 60fps, this is the first part of the game though.
    So if yours struggles on the first part, something is up with your setup, most likely your CPU.

Just beat the first part, gonna start part 2 inabit.

14. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Are you running SLI ?

15. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Single card.
    I'm surprised after reading reports of others experience, but I havent got far in the game yet, so it may get pretty bad still.

Oh yeah, blur is disabled.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2013

16. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    are you sure its running at very high ? im finding that hard to believe tbh.

17. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    100% sure, unless its lying to me :)
    Its set to ultra spec, everything maxed, no AA, no blur.

If you wants screenshots of anything with fps on screen, I can do that.
    Also can post my fps graph from MSI afterburner.

I have disabled core parking on my CPU and my ram is CL6, perhaps these help?
    I'm also on 104MHz FSB so my ram is running at 1664MHz.

18. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    well i think somethings wrong since your close to titan performance. faster then a 680.
    usually its shadows and shaders that hit performance, and you dont seem to suffer from that.

[​IMG]

19. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    I'm not using any AA though, thats quite a performance hit.
    It also frees up a fair bit of vram.
    Aero is disabled too.

20. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    in hilberts review he is using FXAA, thats shouldnt be very taxing at all. unless aa modes are broken or something.