Core i9-11900K CPU-Z benchmark result leaks?

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 31, 2020.

1. coth

coth Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 2060 Super EX
    Same as Intel PL1, AMD TDP is a base clock or average, not the max. AMD doesn't document their products, so boost is undisclosed, but 5800X is boosting at over 140 W.

ESP+ATX max workload power consumption in iXBT measurements same as 8-core CML-S and Zen 2.
    https://www.ixbt.com/platform/amd-ryzen-7-5800x-ryzen-9-5950x-am4-test.html#n4
    [​IMG]

gx-x and cucaulay malkin like this.
  2. Kelutrel

Kelutrel Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    AMD has better IPC, because clock for clock ZEN3 is faster than 11700K/11900K.
    AMD has better multicore, because it has the cores.
    AMD has better power management and more modern fabrication process, because 7nm.
    Intel latest 11900K CPU may be 2.5% faster in the CPU-Z ST benchmarks compared to a stock 5800X, because it clocks at a slightly higher 5.3GHz, but we don't know if that can be OCed more or is already the highest limit, and if any real video game or task can do even 1 additional fps because of that.

If Intel prices it competitively, the 11900K may be the low-price alternative to a stock 5800X, but still it is a very weak CPU to promote as flagship.

cucaulay malkin likes this.
  3. coth

coth Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 2060 Super EX
    1. Read the article. CC has a little higher IPC.
    2. It's a sample. Consumer model will have higher clocks.
    3. See above. In low and mid load workloads it could be lower for Zen 3. But in high load it will be same, as they are limited by their configured TDP.
    4. It's APU, plus it will have AVX-512. Unlikely will cost cheaper of 5800X.

4. ZXRaziel

ZXRaziel Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia
    My biggest concern is the fact that they are going back from 10 cores to 8 cores , just to regain the " fastest single core crown " , because the 10 core would bo power hungry as hell .
    That is so 2010 and lame .

Agonist likes this.

5. Kelutrel

Kelutrel Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    Sir, unless I am ignoring something a ZEN3 core clocked at 5.150GHz with PBO will do 700+ CPU-Z ST, and a ZEN3 core clocked at 5.3GHz with PBO will do 710+ CPU-Z ST.
    While the stock 11900K clocked at 5.2GHz (or 5.3GHz?) only does 695 CPU-Z ST. So that is a lower IPC for the 11900K because at the same GHz it performs less.
    Am I missing anything here ?

Also, why do you think that the final CPU will be clocked higher than this model ? And how much higher do you think ?

Last edited: Jan 1, 2021
    Aura89 and moo100times like this.
  6. coth

coth Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 2060 Super EX
    Yes, real measurements right above on the picture.

Samples always have lower clocks.

7. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    I don't get this. At all. Sure AMD raised prices this generation, so what? It's not as if they "did an nvidia" and raised prices by +/-50-100% (aka 2080Ti). The prices have gotten a $50-$100 bump, and why? Because AMD finally after years of hard work are on top of the world now. Not to forget but they are a business after all. This isn't like Intel consistently raising prices year over year for the small tiny percentage increases in performance on a product that stagnates the industry (aka 4 core 8 thread "HIGH END" CPU's). Or forcing people to upgrade motherboards each generation because Intel thinks its a good idea to add 1 more pin to the socket...

It was only 2017 that AMD finally woke up and shook up the industry in a big way and I think people are forgetting this. $500 for an 8 core 16 thread CPU that beat Intel's 6900K which cost $1000. AMD basically shifted the needle and moved 8 cores into the mainstream, basically killed 4 cores and replaced them with 6 cores. All whilst increasing their IPC from their previous generation by 45%+ then to continue building their brand and re-establishing their name they improve upon this new beginning by releasing new products each year that actually bring real tangible improvements over the last. Zen+ brought 10% better IPC (not the usual 3-5% of Intel) all whilst keeping prices low (in the UK they were even lower than Zen 1). Then Zen 2 brought 15% IPC, this time with the original prices again, AND even more cores to the mainstream with a 16 core part! Now Zen 3 brings the biggest IPC gain of 20%, it matches/beats Intel in gaming finally, offers more cores/threads, all whilst honouring support for the SAME socket which hasn't been done or seen in well over a decade.

But they increase prices by $50-$100 and people start losing their minds??? Business is business and no company is truly your friend. But you have to give credit where credit is due, without AMD doing all of this in 3 short years where would we be now? Still using 4 core 8 thread parts? and paying what for them? How many motherboard would we have had to upgrade to support those new 4 core parts?

Then you have their GPU division, which no one seems to mention.... they increased their own performance by 100%!!! 6800XT/6900XT is basically double that of the 5700XT? When has that happened before in the GPU market? Nvidia normally sticks to their 30-40% (at best) every 2-3 years? You think the RTX3080 would of cost $699 if AMD didn't bring the fight to Nvidia, or do you think the 3080 would of more than likely been $1000+?

Sure we all hate price increases, but at least these can in some ways be justified. People seem to forget that AMD only just finished paying off their debts and are finally in the green, their current model/prices wouldn't be sustainable for future growth and the need for continued R&D in order to stay competitive against the giants that are Intel and Nvidia who basically have a blank cheque for things like that. If you ask me, AMD has earned it. Come back to me when AMD increases prices by +/-50-100% then we can all grab our pitchforks and riot together.

I can see this comment getting a lot of hate, so be it. It's just an opinion.

HandR, gx-x, fredgml7 and 5 others like this.
  8. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Hmm, but those single core scores are so close it won't matter there. Today's games are multi-core anyway. Not impressed. It's 14nm so that is to be expected with single core since it's the only thing they can boost without crazy high temps.

Also the multi-core is so low because they can't afford high temps to get the correct performance in 14nm.

Agonist likes this.
  9. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    ROFL cool story fanboy.

10. Kelutrel

Kelutrel Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    Heh... gaming beast... a 5800X with 3% more clocks... heh...

11. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    yup absolutely 5800x=10700K for gaming.cpu-z scores are absolutely irrelevant for comparing amd v. intel cause they have a different design with ccx v. ring
    add a +15% single core perf increase over 10700k to that and it's gonna be very good

[​IMG]

well nothing if you're willing to pay the premium for the brand name.
    amd's 8/16 priced at $450 is pretty expensive.so is 5600x.
    10700KF is cheaper here than 5600x.
    compared to 3600x/3700x the r5000 lineup is at least +50% up.
    It's a very good lineup but starting their 6c cpus at $300 is everything amd fanbase hated intel for.now it's an old switcheroo.

so enjoy your 5800x's,they're excellet.but I'd take all the internet hate in the world for getting 10700KF and buy a cpu that's same as 5800x with -40% price.

12. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    Partisan fools all around.

EspHack and cucaulay malkin like this.
  13. EspHack

EspHack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI/HD5770/1GB
    hopefully it trashes the 5900x so that zen4 brings 12 core ryzen5 and the war gets going again while apple reconsiders their desktop assault :p

gx-x likes this.
  14. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Intels SMT (HT) provided smaller benefits than AMD's implementation. And considering all those SMT related security fixes...

15. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    in cpu-z ?

feels forced to call this an i9 when it's gonna be basically an i7 with higher clocks
    still,I hope they hit the sweetspot with prices

16. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Not even remotely correct. CAN they be lower? yes. Can they also be exactly the same frequency as the final product? Absolutely. Both possibilities always happen.

This one is likely on the side of final clocks, as lower-clocked samples are generally far lower, so unless final clocks of the 11 series is going to be 5.7+ Ghz, then the sample is likely at, or very close, to final clocks.

17. CRUBINO

CRUBINO Guest

GPU:
    Zotac Geforce GTX1080 FE
    too bad that 11100F would still based on comet-lake wafer. I was expect it to upgrade my current HTPC. :(

18. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    Sadly it is true, after Phenom AMD just done cheap update had lot of driver issue... So much crap things.
    I was already on Xeon at this time but i have seen it on many friend that ask me to fix it.
    Also you can't say that i am fanboy, i have 2 Ryzen and a 3rd one to do for my mother org.
    When it's crap it's crap whatever brand involved.

19. magic09

magic09 Member

GPU:
    2080 Super
    Well seems to me if Intel can deliver an 8 core CPU that can beat an 1,000 dollar plus competitor in single core performance and can deliver 8 of those for 500 bucks or less than that makes it really take the cake as king of Gaming again. 8 cores is all you need for gaming and thats the target market for this product and they need to go low margin on everything for awhile they have the reserves to do it. deliver the 11900k at 450 or 400 dollars and its game over.

Gandul likes this.
  20. Clawedge

Clawedge Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 570