Coming out of sleep issue

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by judicator, Jan 26, 2014.

1. judicator

judicator Member

GPU:
    PNY 3090 RTX Revel
    I have a computer connected to samsung blu ray/home theatre that is then connected to a tv.

If my home theatre is off (connected to video card through hdmi), whenever I bring the system out of sleep, then my computer doesn't seem to notice it and it tries to wake it up and my secondary monitor while leaving my primary monitor shut off (the monitor I want to be on).

As soon as I turn on the stereo then it realizes it's not enabled and turns on my primary monitor as desired.

I notice my TV is listed as display #1 (even though it's disabled) in display settings and my primary monitor is #3. I never thought this mattered, but maybe if I can change those numbers in the registry / elsewhere it will try to turn the primary monitor on first.

Hopefully that makes sense, just wondering if anyone has any ideas. Not a big deal since now I know how to enable it.

I actually had a similar problem installing windows 8 where it would constantly hang on the device detecting phase after first reboot with just a cursor active on a black screen. Wasn't until I unplugged my TV that I could continue with the install (which took me hours to figure out what was causing the hang as windows 7 installed fine with it hooked up).

2. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    You can swap the primary display by right clicking the desktop then going to Personalize/Change Display Settings.

3. anticitizen013

anticitizen013 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x R9 280X CrossFire
    Sometimes my monitor won't shut off so I have to unplug it and plug it back in. I feel like this issue is related.