ClockTuner for Ryzen (CTR) - and introduction guide and download

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 29, 2020.

1. hakd0g

hakd0g Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2060 Strix OC
    I've been using this for a few days now and getting lower temps with almost similar game performance (but higher benchmark scores). I noticed that my clock speed is constantly at 4192, with voltage at 1.250. Is my clock speed supposed to stay constant, and no longer downclocks? This occurs after the profile is applied on OS boot. I use the Ryzen Balanced power plan. I'm also using HWinfo to check clock speeds, voltages, and temp.

Specs:
    Ryzen 7 3700x
    Asus Crosshair VII Hero
    2060 Strix OC
    Evga G3 650w
    3200mhz oc'd to 3600mhz corsair vengeance pro rgb
    Kraken X53 AIO

2. Athlonite

Athlonite Maha Guru

GPU:
    Pulse RX5700 8GB
    So no one has an answer for CTR 1.1.0.7 not autoloading with OS and loading the profile

3. chevy350`

chevy350` Member

GPU:
    5600XT Red Devil
    Weird, mine auto-loads every re-boot so far. I just followed the guide. which I'm sure you probably have several times. I don't know much other than what I've read up on it so I'm not sure of any answer, I'm usually one of the few that things don't work as they should so I hope there's an answer for you soon. I will have to scroll back though but do any of the version's auto-load for you?

4. Alvbmx

Alvbmx Guest

GPU:
    AMD RX 5600XT
    Why is the bottom part cut off on my screen? i am using 1366x768 resolution and i don't see correctly.

5. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    because your resolution is from 2005.

Agonist, suty455 and daghtus like this.
  6. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
    Astyanax, how is that statement going to help them...

If you're using HDMI - that's a TV resolution and you might need to overscan or underscan the image (you can do this in your display driver settings). Alternatively, your display could be reporting 1366x768 as its resolution however it might only be capable of actually displaying 1280x720 (it was quite common on early HD Ready TVs to do this as).

Edit: Hold on I mistook your issue, CTR is cutting off at the bottom? Hmm that's difficult then, if your display is fine then, yeah sadly you'd have to wait for @1usmus to implement a rescaling option in the app - do you have an alternative monitor you can use with a larger resolution until then?

Last edited: Dec 5, 2020
    daghtus likes this.
  7. Pictus

Pictus Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5600 XT
    Extreme keeps all phases ON, I like...

8. HashBrownJM

HashBrownJM Guest

GPU:
    AMD HD 6770
    So, running into a bit of an issue. I had a profile set up (was sub-40 C, awesome) and accidentally deleted it instead of applying it. Trying to run everything again and I'm getting an error when Cinebench runs the second time.

[​IMG]

I've deleetd and reinstalled CB to no avail. Does anyone know why I might consistently be getting this error?

9. suty455

suty455 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 3090
    Am confused with this program (doesnt take much!) every time I use it no matter how I set it in Bios on the Diag run it says "recommended to improve voltage compensation" , so I have tried various settings always the same response please can someone explain to me what exactly this means?
    MSI X570 unify
    32gb 3600 XMP2
    Ryzen 3950/3900 2 boards 2 PCs same apart from CPU
    PBO enabled
    everything else currently on Auto

10. TechCrow

TechCrow Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix 3090 OC
    Are anyone having luck with this software? I wanna try it but if there is so many issues in its current form ill wait :)

11. mdk77777

mdk77777 Member

GPU:
    AMD 5500xt
    so I have tried various settings always the same response please can someone explain to me what exactly this means?

Yeah, it depends on your MB.
    ON my MB there is a setting under CPU Voltage.

I agree that Auto should get it done, but it does not.
    I have a $200 550 board that I bought spec. because it has 12 channel voltage regulation.
    But the default is to let Vdroop go like 5%??? WTF.

So, yeah, once you set the VDRoop to extreme or TURBO...it makes a huge difference.

watch or read the DETAILED instructions on the BIOS settings of the CTR instruction.
    Mid-bottom PAGE 4

FYI, I have my 3600XT running 4500 all cores , 24/7

The program runs great, you just need to be willing to follow the detailed instructions and allow time for testing

12. iEimis

iEimis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX3070
    So I tried all the suggestions, reinstalled my chipset driver multiple times (initially because I replaced my 2600 to 3600x allowing me to use CTR) and then once more using the DDU uninstaller method, unfortunately, still cannot see preferred core tags in CTR, Ryzen Master does report the best cores but just not to the OS itself it seems. My question is, does CTR still work without being able to know which ones are the best cores in the package? I have Asus TUF B550 Gaming Plus. Two options that I can see in BIOS relating to CPPC are enabled (initially were auto)

13. suty455

suty455 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 3090
    Did you reset the Bios?

14. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    chevy350` likes this.
  15. iEimis

iEimis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX3070
    Yep, I did run the CTR tool last night without the cores being displayed and it seems to have went well 4.375GHz on CCX1 and 4.425GHz on CCX2 @ 1.256V. Is it a decent result and good to use long term given that the cpu is now being pumped with 1.25V constantly even when idle?

R5 3600X

suty455 likes this.

16. suty455

suty455 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 3090
    Great glad its sorted in a way that makes it usable

iEimis likes this.
  17. TycStyle

TycStyle Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 xc3 U
    Hi guys,
    Probably raised somewhere in theses pages, but the term "apply" gave far too many hits.
    Newb question for CTR. To get the outcome of the diagnostics applied, I hit "run". After this is finished, then you have to save the profile and apply so it will start this everytime Windows boots?? (which obviously we want, looking at this masterpiece software) Because I saw a short notification message at reboot stating that a profile was not used? Sorry again for the level of questioning, but to me it's not clear how to confirm that CTR is "running the tuned specs" and that CTR needs to run in the background all the time (at least from main guide)
    Cheers.

18. Quest

Quest Member Guru

GPU:
    SLI GTX 770 JETSTREAM 4GB
    remove from folder "read only" , run as admin = no problem)

19. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    This makes me wanna sell my 2700x. And I just ordered all of my custom loop parts like night too. Maybe I can snag a 5600x in a few months for a solid price.

20. suty455

suty455 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 3090
    all the parts should still fit anyway