CD Projekt RED Announces Cyberpunk

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, May 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    i had to check your specs after that comment,as i thought you've one of those benchmark cpus.

2. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    Guys I don't mind pics and videos in the thread.

If you are going to post multiple pics in a single post do it the screenshot thread.

And if your videos contain any spoilers to the game put spoiler tags on it.

3. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    all the hyper cars or most you cant see over the dash.

the 911 and the vector? i think you sit normal and can see. the battle truck the fake window bloom is blinding during the day. all the other cars (at lest hyper and sport) need the camera moved up.

and mid LODs seem buggy on vehicles watch traffic awhile. think peds also.

tons of floating stuff in the desert little rocks and stuff and the shubbery bogs the 911 out awful.

dialogue box getting stuck on when interacting with johnny especially it seems. restart fixes.

looping sounds getting stuck on super random and rare.

and for the love of god give meh a bloom setting ffs.

4. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Part of me wishes this game had realistic vehicle deformation damage like BeamNG.drive......

DocStr4ngelove and Gandul like this.

5. W@w@Y

W@w@Y Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4080
    Man this game is fhe first game ive seen where my total system power consumption exceeded 750w specs : 10900k stock + 3080 undervolt @850mv/1860mhz

Measured from my watt meter

Games like watchdogs legion and fs2020 usually hovers at 600 to 650w

6. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
    Before the mission went to Viktor and bought the new cyberdeck for 35000. Not sure why but till now it didnt occure to me that maybe 2 quickhack slots and 5 RAM isn't ideal for fights.

She took me out while being in melee distance to her so after 4 tries i got the message and kept my distance and obstacles between her and me.

Basically i started being in stealth, got very close to her from behind and took out that crystal light on her back. She goes down for some seconds after that.

Then i started firing with my power precision rifle from the hip while going back 30m and stood behind a pillar.
    When she got up i hacked her optics so she went blind for 13secs.
    Started firing with powered up headshots (hold mouse button until shot goes out)
    When she got back up i hacked her legs so she would freeze in place. Also overloaded her cyberware.
    Started firing some more with powered headshots.

That was it. She never had a chance to start running at me and i was hiding behind the pillar in case she would throw the hammer.

XenthorX likes this.
  7. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I guess people have different requirements but dips down to 65fps isn't what I'm too comfortable with, and I haven't even started roaming in the city or driving. This is a 3440x1440 with DF optimized settings and RT optimized settings so not Ultra.

DannyD likes this.
  8. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    *laughs in 36.3fps @1080p*

9. TR2N

TR2N Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD
  10. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    Some of the bugs can be quite funny, I have had random burnt out cars falling from the sky

my character t posing while im riding the bike or driving

my bike spawning under the floor which I could ride still as it flipped itself out when I revved lol

but with all fackery going on in v's head I think a lot of it fits lol

11. PowerK

PowerK Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 FE
    fantaskarsef likes this.
  12. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
  13. PowerK

PowerK Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 FE
    fantaskarsef and LocoDiceGR like this.
  14. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    Lel

15. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O

Thanks for sharing.

I've only read the transcript, but yeah, what I expected. The only positive thing I take away from that call is that they apparently have focused on the PC version, which I like. The rest is just a clusterf* of typical management errors in video game development.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2020
    cerebus23 and PowerK like this.

16. DocStr4ngelove

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
    Yesterday my 3rd person key didnt work anymore, so i was trapped to drive in 1st person with those big cars where you can't see much if you drive over hills.

Took me only a minute to cause a massive crash with 20 cars waiting in front of a red light. :p

17. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Happened to me, you can save the game and reload the save to fix it.

DocStr4ngelove likes this.
  18. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    You know, I forgot to mention the one thing that I really enjoy about Cyberpunk 2077 and that is the Braindance (is that what they're called?) sequences where you can to pause, rewind and fast forward through a sequence from another person's perspective (and from a third-person free-roaming camera view). These feel fresh and innovative in a game that otherwise feels very familiar if you've ever playing something like Deus Ex. That said, I do think these sequences are poorly explained and the difference modes (thermal, aural, etc) were confusing the hell out of me until I worked it out.

It is ironic that the game's first 6 hours are essentially a prologue but yet it still doesn't adequately explain some of the concepts. I must have blinked and missed the explaination about weapon upgrades for example. Normally stuff is locked out until a tutuorial explains it but I am able to customise my weapons (and break down obsolete//duplicate ones for materials) but I do recall the game actually explaining it to me. Did I just miss it?

19. DocStr4ngelove

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
    Oh they're great, but a bit too scripted imo. Plus you can't end the braindance when you haven't found all clues to the story. I was trapped in the matrix and watched the whole sequence on all layers several times and lost my nerve. ALT-tabbed out and googled for what the hell i was missing.

Scripted AF tbh. :p

cerebus23 likes this.
  20. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Wasn't Batman Arkham Asylum the first game to have such detective sequences? i love it

DocStr4ngelove likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.