Call of Duty Modern Warfare

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, May 30, 2019.

1. Reclusive781

Reclusive781 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT
    I told myself I wasn't going to comeback until I got MVP.

I did 20-10 but it was mostly against PC players. Not as many campers with aim assist.

2. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    OK, can somebody tell me why I can't hear footstep sounds? I'm getting shot in the back as people walk 10 feet behind me, and on th replay the footsteps are clear af.

Which of the settings actually play the sounds... I haven't found any yet.

3. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090ti
    Try all the different sound settings to see which is best for you as for hearing directional foot steps.

4. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    Both launches were fine for me. I seem the be the few that do not face the main issues some faced during release of both games (modern warefare and BFV in reference).

My only complaint is what they did to soldiers in both games i.e. making them lighter in darker areas. Really kills immersion.

Graphics wise, both games look great, COD has stronger points than BFV and vice versa.

Mechanics wise I much prefer the gunplay in COD, feels more fluid and satisfying.

In short, if i want modern CQC combat, COD and if I want more open combat with vehicles I play BFV. I seem to be the few who can enjoy both worlds.

I am a happy gamer :)

GarrettL and fantaskarsef like this.

5. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    I have a 7.1 headset, I use dynamic home theater and hear every detail just fine. Play around with the settings and your own EQ if you use one.

Shataan likes this.
  6. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090ti
    "I have a 7.1 headset, I use Dynamic Home Theater and hear every detail just fine."

I use this same setting for my 7.1 headset. Agreed.

7. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
  8. Reclusive781

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT
    And for no reason. If any fps is worse looking and performs worse then EA's premier frostbite engine game then the game is unoptimized. Anthem might be an exception even knowing it's an open world tps.

Even on a GTX 1080 and an i7-7700 I should be doing at least 120-130fps avg in this game at 1080p.

Same thing for Borderlands 3. Bl3 averages 72fps on a GTX 1080 at 1080p.

I mean, at least they bother optimizing games to run good on mid-range level hardware this generation...... but I'm on a 144Hz monitor.:D

Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
    Dragam1337 likes this.
  9. MarkyG

MarkyG Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070Ti
    I hate campers. Camping for the sake of it. I get that certain game modes require an element of camping (defending points) but in Free for All and Team DM , it's absolutely rife. It's not just the console crowd either. It makes me rage so hard. I am digging the game though, so there's that.

signex likes this.
  10. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    Ever since black ops 2 the game has been performing so bad for no reason,and filling the vram aswell

11. Reclusive781

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT
    DrDisrespect said people don't have the balls not to camp during a stream/video.

Hard to blame it on the TTK since hardly anybody camped in hardcore mode in the previous Cod games I've played.

12. Catroqui

Catroqui Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080/1080 Ti
    Are we going to get a review of this game from Mr. Hiberlt ? I would really appreciate to.

signex likes this.
  13. UnrealGaming

UnrealGaming Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
  14. Danwillysxi

Danwillysxi Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti
    Also agree, but if you can turn the highs up in your headset settings that will help with footsteps I've found.

15. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    Omg i know right! Its driving me nuts...

I was thinking of using smoke and thermal to annoy them but its not really my style.

And wow is it me or are console players more sweattier then pc?
    Its insane how accurate they are damn.

Ive been playing on the PS4 pro btw with crossplay disabled.
    I swear some are just using a controller to mouse\keyboard adapter...

16. GarrettL

GarrettL Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4070 TI
    The camping is what I remember most about CoD MP. Haven't played the series in a while...was hoping the camping wasn't as bad as it use to be.

17. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    I think each franchise has its strong points of course, Ground War is a valiant effort, but nothing close to the great experience you can have with battlefield on similar scale.

That's being said, i'd argue that Call of Duty games have been taking more risks than Battlefield for the better part of the decade. The only risk Battlefield took in 10+ years, which ended up in a financial success nonetheless, was Battlefield 1 and going WW1.

Meanwhile CoD went from modern to slight Futuristic, to Scifi, to WWII, to modern. As far as gunplay is concerned, both franchise are great really, but with Call Of Duty : Modern Warfare, i feel a new level has been reached regarding immersive first person experience.

The mix of procedural and handcrafted animations in the weapon handling in CoD:MW is just unmatched, it's stunning. Weapon sounds have always been great for both CoD/BF.

As much as i liked BFV and the improvements its brought to the table with 3D spotting gone and recoil camera shake tone down, as well as smaller ttk, they really need to iterate faster on new content and surprise me more with the orientation they're taking their game.
    Battlefield has been boring aside BF1.

Disclaimer: Never been a Call of Duty player, only played Black Ops 2 campaign, but god do i love this modern warfare.

GarrettL likes this.
  18. GarrettL

GarrettL Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4070 TI
    Thanks for the info!

XenthorX likes this.
  19. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090ti
    . For milcombat feel in multi, I really liked MOH 2010. But oh my Gods was it brutal on certain maps. Unforgiving. MOH 2010 mp really FELT/looked milcombat and not at all twitch Quakey gamey. For mil feel sp campaign I really liked Warfighter back in the day. But hated Warfighters multiplayer. This new Modern Warfare sure pushed all the right buttons for me as far as the Campaign goes. The mp is pretty sweet as well. And nope, I don`t find anyone who camps a real problem etc etc etc. It`s all good, and challenging. For me, this Modern Warfare is just fine. A fine release all round.

20. Hog54

Hog54 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Tuf RTX 3070
    Maybe thier all using the silent perk?:)