BioShock Infinite

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by S†v0r, Dec 17, 2011.

1. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    Mouse works fine here. I have it set at 3.

2. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Well, the patches pretty much borked the game.
    While they added features people wanted, and attempted to address some issues...

The patches have actually caused issues for people who had none before.
    Several friends of mine on STEAM that had been playing the Remasters without issues are now experiencing crashes and other issues since the updates.
    I haven't tried myself... as, well... I pretty much lost interest. Which is about normal whenever I return to the original BioShock.

I get really into it at first, then... it wears thin after a while I find I drift away from it.

3. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    I'm in the middle of it now, and i am the total opposite. I'm loving re-discovering how f'd-up things were, hearing all the recordings and equating the characters with how they were portrayed in the prequel novel, and how much of a great story this is with the Burial at Sea ending in perspective.

Loving the weapon & tonic system, trying different types "builds" I never did before. And the game looks great. I was expecting to see dated textures every other room, but haven't seen any cringe worthy surfaces yet.

Have not had many crashes either. Def had them consistently before the patch, but things seem much more stable now. Can't wait to start B2.

4. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Visually, I had no issues with the remaster. The updated textures were nice, but also faithful to the originals.
    The improved lighting made the world look more natural.

So, I enjoyed that. And, the very first time I played BioShock back in 2007... I loved it. But, every time since, replaying the game... I just... kind of have to force myself through it.
    Specially after the big plot twist. I've always felt the game just falls apart after that.

5. DerSchniffles

DerSchniffles Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080Ti
    I forgot how immersive these games are. I started BS1 on Friday night and I am loving it! Had some texture pop in issues in the beginning but dont seem to have any problems anymore. Game runs great downsampled @4k and looks great.

Looks like I will need to get this dlc everyone is talking about, I have never played them either!

So what is the correct order? Right now, I have BS1, BS2, and Infinite with no DLC. If I want the most out of the story, what order do I need to follow?

6. FatBoyNL

FatBoyNL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Suprim X
    I'd say in the original order: BS1, BS2 and Infinite. And then the (Infinite) DLC Burial at Sea ;)

7. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    BS1, BS2 + Minerva's Den then Infinite followed by Burial at Sea.
    The release order is the correct order to play them in.

Even though time wise Infinite takes place first, if you play it and it's DLC first, you'll spoil all the major plot points and twists in the first BS game.

8. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Like i said from the start, just another lazy dev and publisher putting in a half arsed effort.

But i guess im just a hater out to ruin everyones fun.

If only gamers got as annoyed with lazy devs/pubs as they do with people such as myself who point these issues out, then we wouldnt keep ending up with these lazy products.

There was no improved lighting in these remasters. Everything besides texture quality was downgraded, broken and previous versions issues left unfixed.

9. FatBoyNL

FatBoyNL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Suprim X
    Well, it was free for original owners so I won't complain :p

Did you try the latest update? That should have solved most of the reported issues for kb/m users. I use a XBox360 controller and everything worked right from the start. Except for 5.1 audio and FOV perhaps ;)
    The original version was plagued by stupid FOV and/or resolution issues I remember. Just cutting of 4:3 horizontally to get 16:9 or something like that.

Using DSR to downscale from 4k to 1440p looks very nice btw.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2016
  10. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    Like others have said, yes, Bioshock, BS2, Infinite, and then Burial pt 1 then pt 2 is the proper order. Though do note that Bioshock 2 was done by a different team, different lead writer and designer and is not part of the 'cannon' to the degree that major plot points are referenced.

Though I've been told by many that it fits in perfect anyway (and I'll soon comment on this, as I'll be playing within the month).

11. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Allright, could be worth installing again then, but first I need to finish Shadow Warrior 2.

12. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    Man, something minor that I'm sure I noticed way back when, but didn't remember until seeing again.... is how crazy some of the insignificant details in the original game.

Specifically, the little sisters idle animations. So I'm following one around, planning out where to place my proximity mines in preparation, and I notice the LS finds a corpse. Now, I knew that if you let it play out, she stabs the corpse, gets the "adam", and is taken to a vent hole for "dream time, Mr Bubbles." But I noticed that this time, it happened right next to a vent. And the program must have a minimum timer before the last phase of the animation. So instead of just idling there, the LS looks around, raises up the huge needle... and Drinks the blood (or adam), complete with an audible,' Gulp, gulp, swallow', sound effect. She then pats her belly, and tells the Big Daddy she's tired, and the animation finishes.

I love these kind of throw away details. And the commentary has been really enlightening re: how they arrived at the story. So glad I decided to spend time replaying this.

13. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah they have to do that, the Adam is then harvested off the little sister. :)
    (The blood is processed by the sea-slug parasite in - on? - the girl into the actual Adam stuff.)

14. DerSchniffles

DerSchniffles Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080Ti
    Thanks guys for the info on the order to play in. I love the atmosphere of these games! I cant get over it haha. I can also downsample Bioshock @4k which I am sure helps ;)

15. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    I just listened to the audio recording by the Tanenbaum woman where she said she personally operated on each of the little sisters and the sea slugs were sewn into the lining of their stomachs. Jesus!

16. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Another patch out for the remasters, 1.1GB :)

17. pedropaulo

pedropaulo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD5850
    Any tweaks that can be made in the ini file to run it at maxed settings possible?
    Thnaks

18. bobnewels

bobnewels Maha Guru

GPU:
    amd
    AngelGraves13 MADE A GUIDE - Steam Community :: Guide :: BioShock Infinite - Tweak Guide
    for tweaks but I think it is damm near impossible to get rid of the stutter every 5 meter you move in this game.I have not tried or finished the game because of the stutter ,it drove me bat crap crazy. Also there are all kinds of tweaks in the engine

pedropaulo likes this.
  19. pedropaulo

pedropaulo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD5850
    Thanks;)
    No stutter for me, so far.
    The game is old , but still old up, mostly due to the artistic direction

20. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    It was my favorite out of the series.

Netherwind, Archvile82 and pedropaulo like this.