Battlefield 3 (Official Thread)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by TriGGlety, Aug 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    You only bought it to moan about it like a bitch, glad you got your refund though now you can bugger off out of this thread :3

2. PR-0927

PR-0927 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 680 SC+

Agreed. Virtually every comment from him throughout this thread is oriented towards providing that perception.

- PR-0927

3. Vector

Vector Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 770 FTW 4gb w/bkplate
    285.62 whql working perfectly with bf3.

4. andressergio

andressergio Master Guru

GPU:
    GALAX GTX 1080Ti HOF SLI
    much less stutter on BF3 with HT enabled but still persists...

5. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I finished MW3 singleplayer in 5 hours exactly...... then uninstalled it from my pc, seriously not even interested in the multiplayer.

Back to Battlefield 3.

Ohh Hey.. At least I got some Free V.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2011
  6. UnclePappi

UnclePappi Banned

GPU:
    Asus 680 2gb 1250mhz
    That would be unfortunate

7. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    Yea.... cause i TOTALLY felt like blowing $60 on a game because i WANTED to bitch about it and most likely never see that money again. Really? I bought the damn game to give it a CHANCE... thinking MAYBE i'd have seen this glorious masterpiece everyone said it would be once we had something to play other than Operation Metro and a short stint in Caspian Border. Unfortunately, the more i played the game, the less "light at the end of the tunnel" i saw. I was really looking forward to the game.... really looking forward to the beta when it was announced.... But there are just some things with the game i can't be arsed to deal with. The already mentioned flashlights.... the fact that no matter how you look at it, the vehicular combat is ridiculous.... people still camp, be it in vehicles or in a freakin shrub that seems to have steel leaves at times.... Dice's uncanny ability to make a game with maps of which at least a few have a serious disadvantage for one team or the other (which was true in Bad Company 2 as well... which i ALSO gave a chance, and was actually fun for about the first month when people were playing "strategically". After that it was baserape and exploitation of poor map design.)... and that GOD FORSAKEN BattleLog. I don't really want to have to worry about the possibility of a web-based game interface not working, leaving the game not working, either.

Yes... i know... EVERY FPS has it's campers... but i just didn't have FUN while playing Battlefield. I was either in a tank or, when you can actually f*cking find one, an anti-air vehicle... getting blown the hell away by a passing jet that i didn't see... or i was making my way on foot.... getting blown away by every possible vehicle, or campers. There were times where i would do quite well, and i was with a good team, and didn't let a single tank get past me and my stealthy C4 planting on it's tail end.... but the majority of the time the whole experience was just aggravating with dumb sh*ts who would just camp next to a fence... when the bomb had to be disarmed like 15 meters to their right on the other side of that fence.... and they'd just sit there like a dumbass. Any FUN i had in the game was drastically short-lived.

But yes... please continue... praising it for what it isn't.... or is.... whatever your views on the subject are.... with the ego.... and the flaming of anyone else who comes around with an opinion that counters your overall view of what THEY'RE experiencing. I'm done. Have a blast.

Same goes for you, PR-0927. I've never acted arrogant or egotistical or rude to anybody on these forums for any reason... but apparently people can't read the posts they're referring to, which have stated several times that i tried to like the game, and gave it a chance, just like i do with pretty much every game that piques my interest.... such as Dead Island... which was kinda fun, until the realization that the zombies got stronger as you got stronger, which made it feel like you were playing the game and getting no positive feedback from progressing. Whatever. You and Des have fun lining Dice's pockets for something that those with a less Anti-*insert popular game here* point of view see as Bad Company 2.25.... not Battlefield 3. Cheers.

8. GiNaJuIcE

GiNaJuIcE Master Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 1080 AMP
    sounds like you suck real bad at BF games...

9. PR-0927

PR-0927 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 680 SC+

This entire rant sounds like nothing more than you not being very good at Battlefield (as another poster suggested), or expecting traditional Battlefield gameplay...to not be in Battlefield 3.

That would be silly.

- PR-0927

10. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    @ ElementalDragon

No one is making you play it, if you truly don't like it then that is that, The game is what it is.

If all games were the same then that would just be boring, I actually like the whole flashlight thing.. it's pretty useful for blinding the enemy.

11. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    @ ElementalDragon

I pity the person who marries you!

12. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    wow... never knew i was talking to children. Or at least adults with a childish attitude or vocabulary.

KissShot: The flashlight would be nice, if it were realistic. But it's far from it. In the dark tunnels in Metro and such, yea... but not out in an open field in broad daylight. That's just stupid. And people don't use it as a tactic... they use it because they know it's annoying as f*ck.

And i don't plan on playing it anymore... thankfully though i'm actually getting a refund for this game that i bought and wasn't a huge fan of in the end. Unfortunately, if you try to go to an open forum and post your opinion on a game, possibly letting someone know that while it can be fun at times, it can also be just as annoying... you're flamed as if being a blasphemer. As if god him-f*cking-self touched the game, and it can do no wrong. I was just pointing out the idiocies and irritants I noticed in MY OWN EXPERIENCE... but everyone acts like they're top sh*t and their word is absolute.

And to the children who reared their shiny heads.... grow up. "I pity the person who marries you"? Yea... cause a gaming rant is SOOOO gonna have any influence on that. "sounds like you suck real bad at BF games".... uh... pretty much the only two BF games i've had any length of time with have been Bad Company 2, and BF3. Played a small amount of BF2142, but not enough to actually remember much of it. When the team balancing sucks as much as it seems to in BF3... it doesn't bode well for anyone of a lower rank to even bother getting into a vehicle... because they'll either be driven into the pavement, or blasted out of the sky. I actually didn't mind Bad Company 2's vehicular combat, because it wasn't AS BAD. heli's didn't have any sort of chaffs that i remember to throw off rocket fire.... at least not that i remember. They didn't have heat-seekers to lock onto basically any tank in view and blow it away. You actually had to AIM at sh*t to kill it. I think i've done better against vehicles by planting C4 on them and blowing them away than i've done actually using another vehicle. So yea... i guess when it comes to a "fire and forget" mentality of playing a game, then yea, i do suck at BF. But when i destroy several tanks in a row with nothing but C4, to the point where one guy on my team called me the C4 ninja and thanked me for being on his team, and all but like 2 or 3 people on the other team ragequit.... i wouldn't say i suck at the idea of actually doing sh*t in BF.

Done with the foolishness. Unsubscribe FTW!

13. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
  14. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    So if this game truely represents genuine Battlefield gameplay, may I conclude that consists of
    - hardcore camping: Don't move for an entire round unless your enemy doesn't have a reason to run by anymore (base camping for example)
    - extreme exploiting: If there's a weapon or piece of equipment that gives you a clear advantage over your enemy, use the hell out of it. Who cares about teamplay or the fact others may need to "unlock" things, it's your right to use it as much and often as you want to. Who cares about fun if you can "own" the enemy.
    - true army experience: Rinse, repeat. Experience and skill come from repetition, over and over again. Play the same map over and over, the same game mode, the same gunfight, the same objective. Yes, it does feel like work but that's the only way to get good, right?

Seriously? Honestly I feel better when I win a match because me and my team were the better players, not better equipped. I also prefer to win due to better tactics instead of "who can find a nicer rock to hide under". I also like to win without playing the psychological warfare card, spamming the hell out of them.

15. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    I don't see how camping in this game is a problem when maps are not all that complicated. Most of my 4634 kills are from moving and flanking a huge group of enemies.

If anything, the more I try to remain static, aka camping, I do worse since enemies just move around me or someone starts to take a potshot from odd angle.

16. GiNaJuIcE

GiNaJuIcE Master Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 1080 AMP
    is that a male sex toy in that picture?

17. bobekk

bobekk Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3070 VENTUS 3X
    guys is it normal when i check my fps in game by pressing CTRL+ALT+S that i got render=dx11 ? on my 275gtx ?

also i changed my CPU from e6750 to Q6600 Oced it to 3.6 GHz (same as old cpu) and i got worst performance...lol

18. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    Yeah, it is normal that it's using DX11 even on DX10/10.1 cards

The DX11 API is backwards compatible, DX10/10.1 cards simply don't use the hardware specific features(though they get some benefits through software)

19. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Okay probably mentioned somewhere else but only noticed this the other day. No punishment for team damage / teamkills? What genius at Dice thought that wouldn't allow stats padders a free for all?

Mind you saying that I have only seen one stats padder in game and he and his mate got kicked after about 20 minutes or so but when you see guys running round in a server with the same clan tags and the same lvl 47 you know somewhere they have been sitting in a quiet server shooting each other with their weapons :banana:

Other than that, the game has grown on me, apart from the Metero level which has all the halls marks of a Dice meeting that went something along the lines of 'we need something to keep the dribbling rpg squad happy!'

20. gamerk2

gamerk2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 570 GTX 1.2 GB
    The saddest part, is based on teh weapon chart I posted a few pages back, it doesn't look like any of the weapons except MAYBE the f2000 and SCAR-H are overpowered. Only a handful of unlocks have significant variences in overall time to kill from the rest of the weapons in a particular kit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.