Battlefield 3 (Official Thread)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by TriGGlety, Aug 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Just get it now! From origin! Do it! :)

2. Bentez

Bentez Guest

GPU:
    Palit GR RTX 3080
    Can anyone tell me when they received their code for the PW pack? was it when you placed the order or when it unlocked?

3. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    ASUS GTX460 800/1600/4000
    As a stat it is the only one I pay attention to. Win/Loss stat means nothing other then how many times you got lucky and joined the side with the better players. It means nothing to you personally unless you only play in clan matches.

4. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    No, because I just found something epic. The new case I was planning to get, yeah?

Has this combo deal going...hope it stays like this for awhile.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.759936

30$ for the LE, so it includes Karkland and the rest, so if I order it with my case, much cheaper, and if I ever do get my free copy, I can give it to a friend.

5. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    ASUS GTX460 800/1600/4000
    Great, wonderfull, now you have a hardcopy that you will either lose or scratch given enough time. That and it will collect dust in a box somewhere doing nothing but taking up space that will eventually pollute the enviroment...

So yes, get it on Origin, no hassle, so mess!!

6. Mike V

Mike V Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 Armor
    I got the mail with the code when my region unlocked.

7. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    Got mine aswell !!!!

have to say what a clusterF of an install process. What ever happened to just installing the game from a disk.
    It opens up orgin, adds it to your account, then installs to your origin directory in the style that your downloading it.
    Jeez its taking ages!!!!

8. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Calm the **** down. My hard copy was £10 cheaper than origin. And even if I throw it away after I ingersoll the game, I'll still be able to download it from origin. what's your problem mate? Take a chill pill.

9. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    Well from the disk its taking 20-30 mins to install.

However its now possible for me to login to battleog :) (as the game activated itself in origin before it lets you install it)

so maybe retail disk users dont need a proxy anyway !!

Im at 74% installing now....... come on FFS :banana:

EDIT**

Ignore the above, still needs to pass a release date check once all installed and patched.
    Proxy here i come

Last edited: Oct 27, 2011
  10. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    I think its nore exciting getting the game on hardcopy.

11. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    You cant move in an empty server,until players join,it sucks cause you cant practice like in previous BF games.

12. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Anyway, a good K/D ratio naturally comes with a good squad/team play and objectives play. Playing pure "deathmatch" in conquest/rush is usually worst for me.

I'm currently sitting on 2.1 K/D and I squad play with friends a lot over VOIP. It's super effective!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2011
  13. mikeva901

mikeva901 Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7970 1125/1575
    My post man still hasn't arrived, always after dinner here! getting frustrated now :puke2::bang:

14. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    I also noticed a problem with the Jets.....when you unlock the air to air missiles and you lock on to the enemy,as soon as the enemy Jet releases flares/chaff you have to start the tone all over again(few seconds to lock on) this makes air to air missiles useless for anybody that has flares/chaff unlocked,there not even worth useing,it needs to be fixed that once the enemy drops the flares the tone still stays so you can shoot them down,if the enemy decides to drop flares early then thats there fault(just like in bf2) having to get a tone all over again makes the air to air missiles useless as by the time you have a lock on again the enemy has flares to release again.

15. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    ahh, i kinda thought that might be what its for. thanks.

16. DualCORE1

DualCORE1 Guest

GPU:
    XFX 295x2
    maybe people should start requesting feature to be added doubt it but maybe worth a shot

17. DualCORE1

DualCORE1 Guest

GPU:
    XFX 295x2
    yep and you get rewarded more for working as a squad finishing objectives etc like take flag dont think i will be playing team deathmatch;-( if i wanted deathmatch i would play quake or doom games lol

18. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    Congrats!

Whats that underneath your hand? Why would anyone have a Nunchaku in a car? :D

19. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    Just finished the SP on hard..it wasn't exactly as good as i'd hoped , it had its nice moments but i don't think many won't remember the campaign as a very good one. (but i guess i just had exaggerated expectations) it didn't have any boring parts tough...liked that.

for performance issues i didn't had any, it ran pretty much the same as the beggining of the game only once it dipped under 40 when a helicopter got shot down and crashed into a building. played it on ultra and with everything on including motion blur post aa , AA 4x for those that are wondering.

20. DualCORE1

DualCORE1 Guest

GPU:
    XFX 295x2
    cant wait think iam jumping into single player 1st then straight into multiplayer but i can see servers getting jammed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.