Batman: Arkham Knight

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Mar 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I agree all of this post, though AC DX11 was a mess for 6 months ( and far far far more so than AK) but if you really wanted to play it, DX9 was in perfect working order. Not an excuse for WB's, but a playable game was there.

This AK performance issues and gamers response is just getting ridiculous though. AK is not by any means the worst port to hit the pc, far from it. It is absolutely ridiculous the way pc gamers are reacting to this port when for the last nearly 8 years, publishers like Ubi, EA and activision have released games that either never get fixed or are simply broken for months on end - Every Release they put out.

AC Unity was in a far worse state than AK. Missing objects and scenery (sometimes the entire level), missing character body parts/faces and if i recall, on launch and for a good month or more, everyone was capping the fps to 30 as performance was atrocious (neither sli or cfx was working) while claiming 'smooth' performance and telling other people to stop being ubi haters.

I find it so odd that despite 8 years of developers poor treatment of pc ports, only now with this game, a game that is nothing near the worst port to hit the pc, a game that despite the warning signs of previous Arkham pc ports and despite the far worse releases of Ubisoft and co, that this game is the one that pc gamers want to act like they'll high and mighty and righteous about being consumers who deserve better.

The majority of you have done nothing but support this poor treatment of pc ports by funnily enough, arguing the opposite by saying that if you dont buy the broken ports and poorly optimized games, developers will stop bringing their games over to the pc platform the 'ol "thing will change, new console x86 = better ports" etc.

And now that theres steam refunds, rather than doing what you should have been doing from the start, that being not pre-ordering/purchasing games till reviews are out, you're once again taking the easy route and still placing pre-orders as you think steam refunds has your back. How long do think that cheap tactic is going to work before publishers wiggle their way out of it or tighten return policies?

Last edited: Jul 2, 2015
  2. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Agreed.

And, at release, I played Arkham City in DX9 due to my hardware at the time.
    While I heard about the DX11 issues, I did not face them myself. When I did finally make the jump to DX11 the issues had been fixed and I still had a solid experience.

And I hugely agree with you. Arkham Knight is nowhere near the worst PC port ever released. Nowhere even close.
    But... it's being held up like some blasphemous sin upon the gaming world the likes of which has never been seen before! Even though... we've seen far worse time and time and time again.

3. Feed_Bucket

Feed_Bucket Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    The only way I would give WB any commendation is if they had announced the game was broken before release since they apparently knew it was. They only stepped up because they got called on it. Had there been no Steam refund policy their actions wouldn't be nearly as significant. They would of just let users tolerate it until a series of patches released over a few months got the game to playable standards.

I agree with you on the pre-order conundrum. There really isn't any unity among gamers. It's sad too since most are fine with getting the same game over and over (AssCreed, CoD). It'd be like going to a restaurant and ordering the prime rib every time but each time it tastes more and more like a turd.

4. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.