Auzentech Prelude Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by davaid, Aug 28, 2007.

1. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    The PowerFX panel is only from the paid version. The freeware version doesn't have the PowerFX panel.

2. xankazo

xankazo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    well, nothing special. just a bunch of plugins I'm using. like playcounter and statistics, albumart, pretty popup, panels ui, lyrics show, and many others. also many playback and dsp settings. like 24bit playback, kernel streaming output, advanced limiter, resampler, etc. to get the winamp equivalents is gonna take some effort. I haven't used winamp in years.

this is what my foobar looks like:
    [​IMG]

3. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    actually it does, you just cant change the settings as it locked on default in the free ver.

4. Postalisback

Postalisback Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 760 TwinFrozr 2GB
    24bit playback, how do you enable that?

5. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    There are TWO plugins named Audioburst. Some get them confused. One is the FREEWARE Audioburst output plugin. This is the resampler and is one of the best output plugins avialable for Winamp. Then we have Audioburst PowerFX. This is NOT free and is a DSP plugin.
    Audioburst Output Plugin->LINK
    Audioburst PowerFX Plugin -> Link

The two may be combined in PowerFX but what you want if your unfamiliar with the application is the output plugin.

6. xankazo

xankazo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    under preferences>playback>output>output data format, select 24-bit.

7. Bleakstar93

Bleakstar93 Member

Dts

Hey guys

I just got my Prelude a few months ago mainly for the potentiality for DTS passthrough, I want to hook my console up to my compu and get 5.1 does any one have a clue as to when this feature might appear? I heard april...tick, tick, tick, if you know what I mean? any educated guesses. other than this small hitch I would definately recommend this card

8. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    According to Auzentech, it will be somewhere in Q2 2008.

9. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    They've changed it then. #274

They originally said Q1.

10. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    well, seeing as we're already in April..... Q1 would be impossible to do right now, which could be the explanation behind the delay.

11. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Why would you need the DTS encoder for plain passthrough? The DTS encoder would be of no use when your putting a DTS signal on the digital input as the card has NO DTS decoder so it will NOT understand the signal on the input. I hope this makes sense... You cannot do what your talking about with this card even if you could the latency would be no good and sound would lag.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2008
  12. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    It's hard to put the blame on, whether its Creative being a pain in the ass as they are with drivers. As we know or should know they are good at delays. Or if its just the fact its Auzen wanting things perfect.

It's hard to tell.

I didn't say I needed DTS, just saying they changed the date. :)

So why is the card getting DTS? I don't know enough about DTS. All I really cared about was Dolby Digital.

Care to explain? :)

13. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    @VF, I was putting the info for the other poster asking about connecting up his console system to the Prelude and having DTS... As for explanation the short and sweet of it is that DTS is the better of the two compression routines. It provides better sound according to the info.

14. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    Ah. Well then you should have quoted him. ;)

So you'll be able to play music via DTS just like Dolby Digital currently?

I'm guessing you have a PS3? and are you referring to the April firmware update of DTS HD?

http://www.tripletags.com/post.asp?id=500

Last edited: Apr 14, 2008
  15. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Yes, and the compression ratio is better then DDL. DTS doesn't lose as much sound quality, IIRC.

16. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    Nice. This will be my first card that I've ever used DTS on. I've never really experienced it.

17. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    What is the best way to get analog working with the Prelude for the Z-5500 for those that have this setup... Doesn't matter what I do some speakers are silent. More so left front.

On the pod its set to 6 Ch Direct. X-Fi CMSS-3D is set to Stereo Surround. About 21%

Everything else is coming through. Apart from left front.

Green cable is going to Center/Sub, Black to Side Surround and Orange to Front. This being on the back of the Prelude of course.

[Edit 1] Sorted, silly green cable worked its way half loose on the back of the pod. Green cable to Front, Black to Side Surround and Orange to Center Sub.

[Edit 2] Truly is amazing hearing it in analog as Rob said before. Compared to Digital. Now I have to find another way to hook up the 3rd device to the decoder since analog and optical are taken... as the other device is also optical.

I'd say this setup in my ears puts digital to shame.

[Edit 3] Anyone know if the little plastic converters, Coaxial to Optical will fit into the Coaxial port of the Z-5500 decoder so I can use it as Optical like the Prelude itself... or are those ports a lot different?

I can't seem to get it in, and I don't want to force it. It's going to be annoying to switch optical ports all the time for the two devices. Hence why I originally had the PC hooked up via Coaxial, Mac via Analog, PS3 via Optical to the Z-5500 decoder.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2008
  18. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    You have them set up wrong VF, This is why your getting the left front going silent form time to time, I think you have. I didn't see your edits...

Ah, we have another analog believer now? -This has been shown many times as the newer cards have wickedly good converters. Most don't believe though until they test for themselves which I can understand. Are you still having troubles?
    Those adapter on the Prelude are common on the newer cards but they are meant for a specific type of jack if you force them into a jack not meant for them you will most likely ruin them.

19. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    YOu have two optical devices that need to be on one input, what about a optical splitter or switch? They are quite cheap here is something along those lines ->Switch Link

$5 can't go wrong with that...I think that might do the job. You connect the outputs of your devices to the two side by side inputs. Then connect another optical cable form the signal output to the Prelude. There you go, dual optical Inputs!!

20. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    Yeah, I'll have to get one of those splitters. It's just not going to slot in. I wont force it as that will just wreck the port, or rather internally.

The analog setup is truly incredible, its too good to go back to the previous setup. Hearing all the background tings and little things when you really crank it up, even still when its on low volume. Since I wanted the card processing the audio rather than by passing it through digital.

I doubt DTS will sound any better than this...?

How great does the Prelude compare sound via analog with the same setup as the X-Meridian, reckon they'll be both on par?