Auzen X-fi Prelude Pic!

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by ROBSCIX, May 30, 2007.

1. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    I was sent the image for the new Auzentech Prelude 7.1 from Auzentech support. From what I can see this is the first image available anywhere on the net. I never seen another one. You can clearly see the replacable LM4562NA and the SOIC OPA2134's near the outputs. The card has the AUD-EXT Pin Header featured on Audigy and X-fi cards. No info to suggest if this pin header is built to the same specification and pin outs of the Creative line of X-fi. This should have you gamers dreaming for while. A "gamer" card with the sound quality of the higher end HTPC cards such as the X-Meridian. Add Dolby Digital and DTS realtime ecoding technologies and future support for HDMI 1.3 and really guys, what more could you ask for?

[​IMG]

2. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    I think Auzentech should send one ASAP to Guru3d for a review.

3. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    Looks snazzy :)

Looks like it's not as long as an X-Meridian

4. Richard_Noggin

Richard_Noggin Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800 GT 512MB
    Only one replaceable.

5. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Well if you had the choice to only have one replacable that would be the one. Consider aswell that the LM4562NA they put in there is what everybody is using on the XM for replacments. The rest of the card sports 2134's very good also.

6. Enozekun

Enozekun Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 8800GT
    *drool* gimme one :D

I kinda regret i bought an X-Fi XG, not that it's bad or anything, it's just that I might aswell had bought an X-Meridian. As it turned out now i'm not playing that many games as i did before. 95% of my X-Fi is used for music and film hehe

7. alg7_munif

alg7_munif Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 X2
    I don't know why, eventhough I have both XM and X-Fi but looking at the card above makes me want one...

8. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Me too....I love new audio gear...

9. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    im so gonna sell my fatality to one of my friends and buy this one o_O

10. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    It will sound worlds better then the Fatal1ty given that parts they are using...who know maybe they will bring out a new Fatal1ty version! Your gonna see alot of guys moving to this card.

11. Dierdre

Dierdre Banned

GPU:
    Evga Geforce 7800GTX
    The important thing is price.... :/

Oh good news! for the last week my LM4962's were under "currently under review" for my order status from national semiconductor. I just checked now due to this thread to see if it's changed. Ship date May 29!! I should probably get them today or somtime very soon.

I would think a moded Xfi will equal this card for SQ minus maybe some of the features.

I cant wait to break out the soldering iron and mod that card. Guess if I break it I have a valid reason to get one of these :p

edit: nevermind! I just went into my delivery details and I already have them!!! they uses next day air and they are on my carport infront of my house... all alone in the dark while im stuck at work :(

Last edited: May 31, 2007
  12. nutyo

nutyo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vapor-X HD5870
    Unfortunately not. I have my X-Fi modded with new opamps and I can tell you now that the Prelude will sound better.

The DAC is of higher quality as is just about all of the circuitry on the prelude. The entire output section is basically the same as an X-Meridian but with better opamps.

If we give them arbitrary with the Prelude at 100, I would estimate a Meridian at 95 a modded X-Fi at 85 and a normal X-Fi at 80. All subjective sound quality.

Just saying that the Prelude will be superior to any other X-Fi out at the moment.

13. lawrywild

lawrywild Active Member

GPU:
    XFX 9800GT XXX
    Does this have support for the front audio ports on most cases?

14. Laykun

Laykun Guest

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX670 4GB
    You can use the AUX-EXT pins to connect pretty much about anything, so yes, it supports front speakers ports. You can even use them to connect an optical port if need be.

15. NAJMI ADNAN

NAJMI ADNAN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290X TriX 4GB
    This is great news, need to save my money though. Is it come stock with LM4562? I don't mind if only the front opamp is replaceable, since I only use stereo :)

16. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Look at the Pic, there is a front Panel audio header a the top Left of the card. You don't need to use the AUD_EXT header. Most of those signals are digital anyway. You will still find the 2134's on the rest of the channels are very nice amps

17. Terrorizor

Terrorizor Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX260 SC
    so its just a coax input and output with no optical?

18. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    This card will have the same dual -hybrid connectors available on the X-Meridian. So the specs state...

19. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    And i high jack the truck which is carrying it. ;)

20. racofer

racofer Guest

GPU:
    HD6950 2GB Twin Frozr III
    Not buying it since I won't buy anything that supports Creative directly or indirectly. This company will never ever see a cent from me.