ATi Catalyst 10.9a Hotfix Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Sep 15, 2010.

Tags:
  1. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    just wait till you run into problems next year, when no doubt 5xxx series will be a thing in the past for amd, they just want your money , then its a big **** you to you :puke2: :(

2. perosmct

perosmct Banned

GPU:
    unknown
    one good thing for 5xxx users...is that there is no so much differences between 6000 and 5000...40nm both, dx11 both...so i am not in the same empty future as 4xxx and 3xxx users are...these chips are totally different...from the new ones...the end for both 6000 and 5000 will come with the 7series(7000hd)...:)

3. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    good to see you still have hope left, i totally lost it tbh

4. faust1200

faust1200 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX680 SC
    Spoiler alert: xfire and SLI suck. The sooner you realize it, the sooner you will take out the extraneous GPUs and enjoy your games.

5. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    no thanks i'll keep my second!

6. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Retards there everywhere. lol

7. qstoffe

qstoffe Active Member

GPU:
    nVidia GTX 580 @ stock
    QFT

They don't care because review sites like Tom's hardware don't menation such problems. The only thing that seem to matter to them is the frame count per second. They just run their automated tests and hail the card with the highest frame count. No wonder they always recommend cheap SLI/X-fire over the more expensive single GPUs. That was actually the reason I bought x-fire. The review sites kept praising how mature the multi-GPU technology had become. Now I understand they were only talking about the frame count.

8. faust1200

faust1200 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX680 SC
    If you're going to call someone a retard, at least sort out your grammar so you don't look like the retard.

9. drouge

drouge Master Guru

GPU:
    2x HIS HD5970
    you retards are the reason i left this forum, reflect on that.

10. fagoatse

fagoatse Guest

GPU:
    nvidia
    Can't agree more. Going single card next gen.

11. mangaroo

mangaroo Master Guru

GPU:
    780 GTX Ti SC
    I have no problems with these drivers whatsoever thankfully. I made sure to install the redis 2010 even though it was unselected by default. Clocks working properly on both directx9/10 games, during and after games. YES! finally, wish I had tried them sooner

good to go once more

:thumbup:

edit: -_- second clock stuck on exit of certain games, but relaunching fixes

Last edited: Oct 3, 2010
  12. drewho

drewho Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090
    Good

13. xtremegamer

xtremegamer Guest

Hi guys i have 10.9a installed on my system, My Card is Asus 5750 1gb , Temperature Reports wrong in ATI Overdrive, It's showing 40 idle but MSI After Burner and EVGA Precision reports 45 Idle.....

And one question too, The driver Video quality Enhancements like Edge Sharpen, Deblocking is enabled Default, But Not on Xp, It makes Really Worse on Some H264 Movies is it safe to disable these options....

14. Dreamskiller

Dreamskiller Member

GPU:
    HD4870X2
    BTW, for all the people getting a slow SC2 game on maps with water, it seems that X2 owners can't push the "terrain" (in french, so land in english i guess) option on high or ultra. Everything on ultra (1920*1200) except this setting, and you get 60 more fps, and no more strange lags. The game isn't slow anymore.

15. xtremegamer

xtremegamer Guest

H! perosmct...

Agreed totally with u..... Better Buy PS3 or XBOX.... Wasted so many moneys Upgrading Graphics Cards and Processors, This 5 Series Cards or Core 2 duo Processors can't handle upcoming modern Games Fully, Best option is Buying PS3 , Have Bluray , Nw have Lot's of titles than PC, No Drivers no upgrades needed for atleast 3 years i think, No Graphics Settings to Fiddle with and After Can Save Power Bills too....

16. PaulvH

PaulvH Member Guru

GPU:
    2x XFX HD5870 H²O-EK CF
    I discovered two more issues with these 10.9-b drivers;
    Sims3, which my daughter plays often on my PC, completely freezes up during start-up. After I tried everything else (like re-installing game, deleting all cookie histories, etcetera) with no result, I rolled back to 10.5b and guess what ... everything is ok again.
    Same thing happened to F1-2010, I was experiencing a lot of CTD's in the game when e.g. I went into the pits or just clicked on a menu. That all was cured after I rolled back to 10.5.
    Do your homework ATI ! It's been over 6 months now since the last good working driver.

17. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I don't want to rollback to an earlier driver just for one game but I'm also experiencing some intermittent crashes to the desktop in F1 2010. I've only had three so far but they're especially annoying if I'm on the 8th lap of a 20% length race or mid-way through a qualifying session with a good time.

What error were you getting in the Event log by the way? Mine was something about Windows not being able to access a file, F1_2010_Game.exe, implying that it was either a hard drive fault or something along those lines. The game is installed on my D: drive along with about 20 other games and all of those work so I can't see how it could be the hard drive.

Does anyone know what this error is? Is anyone else having it with F1 2010?

Last edited: Oct 7, 2010
  18. PaulvH

PaulvH Member Guru

GPU:
    2x XFX HD5870 H²O-EK CF
    Hello Darren,

I was not yet aware that F1-2010 creates event logs ...
    I'll have a look where I can find that. It can be most annoying indeed;
    One of the crashes I had was AFTER I had finished a rain race in 3rd position and there appeared those lists of results where you click on 'continue'. And at the third click *beng* CTD and the results were NOT saved to my career ...
    So I'll have to do the whole race ones more.

Normally I wouldn't roll back just for one game either, but Sims3 is about the only game my daughter plays at my machine, so I'l have to keep that going.
    And if it also helps preventing some crashes in F1-2010 I'll be more happy as well.

19. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    The Event log monitors all Windows activity, including warnings and crashes, and that applies equally to system, application and games software equally.

20. PaulvH

PaulvH Member Guru

GPU:
    2x XFX HD5870 H²O-EK CF
    I just had a look at the event viewer here at my work PC,
    Most interesting ... weird that I haven't used that before !
    I'm pleased to see that it also keeps a history of previous events.
    I'm curious to see those of my Home PC this evening...
    Thanks for the tip