ATi Catalyst 10.6

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Jun 16, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    I remember reading that 3D glasses will work for movies but there was no mention if they will work for games.
    It would be interesting to confirm if they are in the driver and what support they give.

2. Dancop

Dancop Guest

GPU:
    Is it that much of difference between the drivers?
    Here's my run with 10.3 ;)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 17, 2010
  3. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Can people with Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. and CrossFireX systems please test the DX10 version of the game and tell me whether it is running on all GPUs please with these 10.6 drivers because it just doesn't work for me. It'll only run in CrossFireX on both GPUs with DX9 version otherwise for some bizarre reason the games runs on GPU2 only while GPU1 remains idle (instead of the other way round when CrossFireX is disabled).

It would be much appreciated as I'd like to know if the issue is unique to my system or not. Thanks.

4. evilfury

evilfury Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1070 GTX Gaming X
    My 2D clock stays at 157/300 even with ati overdrive enabled.

5. The Fallen

The Fallen Maha Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 4GB
    What if you overclock to anything but the default speeds with overdrive enabled?

6. hunuok

hunuok Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX480 Tri SLI
    Again, ATI have reintroduced issues that were "fixed" in previous drivers.

Quadfire+Eyefinity is STILL a slideshow.

There are STILL "static" lines on the DP display.

Cat 10.4 and 10.5 at LEAST gave performance similar to a SINGLE 5970 in Eyefinity. They decided to introduce the "static" lines for good measure.

Rolled back to 10.3s. STILL no quadfire+eyefinity performance BUT at least I can read the center display without having an epileptic seizure.

Incompetent.

7. Chenumi

Chenumi Member

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 1070 FE
    Split/Second : Velocity still runs choppy at Very High settings with these drivers :thumbdown

8. Antarius

Antarius Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 280 SLI x 2
    Doea anyone have Aliens vs predator? After 10.6 install I cant even start the game. =(

9. Kohlendioxidus

Kohlendioxidus Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56 Pu
    The bug has to be somewhere in your system. Did you installed the chipset drivers?? No conflicts?? On my system H.A.W.X. is running like a charm as you saw in the screenies.

10. sonic1611

sonic1611 New Member

GPU:
    Asus 5870 oc 900/1300
    crappy driver back to 10.4 AGAIN
    cant play wolfenstein enemy territory or call of duty united offensive.
    xD

11. mao5

mao5 Guest

10.6 fixes the gray screen or vertical stripes dead problem when I oc my 5870 to 900/1250, after 1 hour BF:BC2 mp, no more gray screen or vertical stripes dead, the system is stable like a rock:banana:

12. SureFireT1000

SureFireT1000 Member Guru

GPU:
    TRI-FIRE 5970+5870

WOW Very Nice Score Mate.. lol !!

I could have tried to squeeze more performance from my 5970 if I wanted also however my 5870 could not run much higher than the settings it was already at.

But I really love these drivers, small problems in BFBC2 but I can work around it.

Hey also try running the crysis warhead benchmark, you will see a very good improvement in the score !!!

Here is mine for now.

[​IMG]

13. DeadLine

DeadLine Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD7970 Ghz
    These drivers also messed up my performance in BC2, both gpu's running 50% instead of 100%. Need to check other benchmarks and games.

14. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    There are no improvements for any games released in the past month, which is highly disappointing. Blur still hitches offputtingly with CrossFireX off and suffers major framerate drops when I drive through water with CrossFireX on, PoP: The Forgotten Sands still dips to 15 fps and stays there when I die with CrossFireX on, BioShock/BioShock 2 still don't work with AA under DX10, etc., etc.

ATI really do need a kick up the backside IMO, there's no excuse for having to wait months to play games properly that you've just bought. Sure I can disable CrossFireX to fix *some* issues but that's not ideal as I bought a second card to be able to use in games!!! :bang:

15. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Also I created a poll *here* so I'd be grateful if anyone with H.A.W.X. and CrossFireX would take the time to test it with these drivers please. Just post what cards you have and the operating system you're using. Thank you.

16. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    That's interesting because the ONLY time I saw the dreaded grey screen of death was 15 minutes after I overclocked by first HD 5870 from 850/1200 MHz to 900/1250 MHz using the CCC's Overdrive.

Everything tested OK and the temperatures were fine (since I have Vapor-Xs) but DiRT 2 grey screened on the third lap of the first race I played after loading. When I dropped the speeds to 875/1250 MHz I never saw it again and that was almost three months ago now.

Nice to know that I may be able to squeeze a little more out of my HD 5870s by overclocking to 900 MHz. Will try it once I'm happy that the 10.6 drivers are stable themselves.

17. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    You're using Vista though according to your specs so it could be a 7 bug, although unlikely. That's why I wanted more feedback from others with the game who are running CrossFire and Windows 7.

The issue is replicable and I've uninstalled/reinstalled the drivers twice plus installed all the application profiles in date order in case it was something to do with those.

CrossFireX works with other games in DX10, Red Faction Guerrilla for example, and H.A.W.X. works in DX9 with both GPUs so if it is an installation glitch then it sure is a specific one that one affects one game and only when the DX10 version is ran. It's the same issue I had with the 10.6 betas but H.A.W.X. DX10 worked fine with the 10.5, 10.4 and 10.3 drivers as I recall benchmarking the game several times.

18. ibitato

ibitato Guest

from the release notes, there are many performance improvements over the 5xxxx series in many games, so pll with agressive overclocks might get some unstable behaviour, since the new drivers stress more the GPUS; maybe that's the cause for some ppl having problems they didn't have before, under the same OC clocks .....

19. Peerless

Peerless Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 sli 4gb
    Well for me BFBC2 has low performance, and World In Conflict won't do Crossfire so my second gpu isn't being used. There are some good things though. I no longer get a black screen and the gpu driver restarting on a restart. That by itself will have me hold on to them. Hopefully they release a hotfix.

20. Reclusive781

Reclusive781 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700(non-xt)
    Faster load times on Bad Company. Went from 30 seconds to 10 seconds.

But the game seems choppy right after load.