ATi Catalyst 10.6

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Jun 16, 2010.

Tags:
  1. steelcowboy

steelcowboy Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 570's SLI
    They must have a room full of monkeys for their driver team.Why not put a setting in ccc so we can have power play work the way we want pfftt

2. Ourasi

Ourasi Guest

GPU:
    MSI RX 480 Gaming X 8GB
    Sorry matey, this is now confirmed, BC2 and CFX is a miss, again.. Close to 20 CFX/HD5970 setups have this confirmed, nobody gets 10.4/10.5 FPS, cut in half and beyond. If you are the ONE without issues I leave up to you to decide, but forgive me for not buying it :nerd:

3. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    BCB2 FPS good as before, loading fast, overclocking no problem. No idea what the problem is for you guys. Did you install the profiles?

4. klambre

klambre Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5870@ stock
    [​IMG]

Lol ... Fail :rolleyes:

5. Ourasi

Ourasi Guest

GPU:
    MSI RX 480 Gaming X 8GB
    Ofcourse profiles are installed, your setup avoided most of the bugs from a couple of months ago, it's the same enhancments missing from these drivers for sertain chipsets as earlier, good grief, gimme strength :puke2:

Anyway, I really don't play much BC2, but the time I spend gaming this rather "not suited for me" game, I'd like to have full performance. Going back to last months officials or april previews fixes it for BC2, as usual....

6. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Well believe what you want, it doesn't bother me! I get 60 fps with CrossFireX and it's working for me the same as it was with the 10.6 betas, the 10.5 WHQL and 10.4a Hotfix drivers. I cannot stand tearing either so, yes, v-sync *is* working although I had to force it through D3DOverrider but that's how I've been doing it since I bought the game a few months back.

Why would I lie? :3eyes:

Last edited: Jun 16, 2010
  7. Karas

Karas New Member

GPU:
    PC HD5850@850/5000
    Try the Ati website under IE... its working. AMD f.cked up the website i think ;) Its not working under Opera 10.53 :)

8. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I'm disappointed that these drivers plus the application profiles do absolutely ZILCH to fix the slowdown issues in CrossFireX with Blur when driving through any water and Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands when you die. What the heck have ATI been doing for the last month? Do they honestly expect us to wait months before we can play games we've bought without messing around disabling CrossFireX and/or renaming game executables to get them working???

9. Indeo

Indeo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970@950\1200 + GT240
    Holy fcuk, huge +7 fps Vantage boost, now it's 31+k from 29k for gpu! Posted in benchmark thread FYI. Metro 2033 performance remains as high as with 10.6 beta (something like 10% faster than all previous 10.x with dof on) Also, powerplay does work with oc disabled in afterburner and applied through ccc + some overvolt tool. 2d clocks stay at normal 157\300 in that case. If you want to keep temps and clocks at low, you can still run afterburner at startup but you have to apply oc manually in it before running 3d app and keep them reseted all the other time. Gonna go see if artifacts during hd video playback in mpc are really gone. Good job anyways ati, more butthurt for nv.

10. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    S.hit, is true :S
    With IE i see the download links and stuff. :puke2:

11. Ourasi

Ourasi Guest

GPU:
    MSI RX 480 Gaming X 8GB
    I'm not accusing you of lying, a single HD5870 would maintain you v-synced FPS most of the time depending on resolution and settings, or you are not hit by this issue. Anyway, turn v-sync off take a strole on Isla Innocentes in Rush mode on an empty server, If you are hitting 100-200fps everywhere in 1920x1200 4/16 AA/AF, you are fine, if you are on 50-80 most of the time, you are not so fine...

12. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Guest

GPU:
    2070 Super
    No long load times with BC2, performance seemed lower than previous drivers. This is at 1920x1200 4xaa/16xaf HBAO on VSnyc off.

13. Kohlendioxidus

Kohlendioxidus Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56 Pu
    vsync on BC2 it's working. I got 60 fps on constant basis. I did a quick bench on Unigine 2.1 (1920x1200 dx11, AF=4x, AA=off, Shader high, Tess=Normal) and no changes, the score remains the same. NFS Shift as before no changes it rocks as before:wanker:.

Crossfire Issue on Anno 1404 was solved. Now GPU1 is hammered and I got between 70 and 150 fps. YEAHHH:nerd:

I'll test further and report later.

14. steelcowboy

steelcowboy Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 570's SLI
    Im using ie8 and it stills shows blank

15. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    AMD ****ed up their own website.. epic fail

16. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    [​IMG]

In IE8, it works.

17. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I'm playing the game at 1920x1200, max. settings, HBAO on, 8xAA/16xAF. I noticed that when I resume a save game that the framerate dips to 1-5 fps during the loading screen before increasing to 40 fps when the game starts. It then climbs to 60 fps. It does look like the game isn't staying at 60 fps as much as before but I assumed it was because I'm on a different level which has a more open terrain.

Here's a screenshot I took showing you where I am:

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Screenshot

Maybe I'm not getting the same performance I had before but because I'm using v-sync which caps the framerate at 60 fps I've just not noticed?

18. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    funny, i just closed IE because it is not working... i am usingmega upload anyway

19. king-dubs

king-dubs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3090 FE
  20. steelcowboy

steelcowboy Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 570's SLI
    Well it wont work for me