Ati 5870 (rev.2)!!

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by jamiee, Jan 25, 2010.

1. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    Those bastards, lol! Believe me man I feel for you as this has happened to me before! In fact the first high-end graphics card I bought was the GTX280 and the same thing happened to me (and I paid for Fed-Ex Next-Day shipping), I was so bummed out! Like you I checked my tracking number about every half-hour all day long!!!

2. jamiee

jamiee Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 680 Classified
    Well a bit of good news... Just checked the tracking info and the cards have moved overnight to the local postal distribution center.
    This means (fingers crossed) that they should be out on a truck for delivery sometime today.

[UPDATE]
    6:41am - Item out for delivery!
    YaY!!!!

Last edited: Jan 28, 2010
  3. jamiee

jamiee Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 680 Classified
    Even better news since the last..
    The cards have arrived!!!

Here's a teaser shot :nerd:

[​IMG]

4. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    Holy crap Jamiee, I didn't realize you were getting two cards you lucky bugger! That must have been a fun package to open and even more fun to setup and test out! By the way thanks very much for taking the time to keep us posted and for posting a picture! I can't wait to see the actual cards (even though we have read and heard that the cards will have a blue PCB my fingers are crossed that they maybe went back to black)? Have fun and good luck with the setup man!

5. jamiee

jamiee Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 680 Classified
    Hey Roger,
    Yup I'm going Crossfire with this setup!
    Just finished taking a few more pic's of the cards before installing them.
    You will be disappointed to hear that the PCB is very much blue with these Rev 2 cards.
    However I actually don't find the blue colour to be as awful as I was expecting. The photo's on Newegg make it look brighter than it actually is.

I have an Asus P6T7 WS motherboard which has lots of blue colour components on it, so These cards will match it well enough.
    I'd prefer black like you, but there isn't much we can do about it.

I think I will start a new post with pic's, so keep an eye out for it soon!

Cheers.

6. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    Thanks Jamiee for the quick update! Until reading your post above I didn't realize you were running the P6T7 WS mobo, the new PCB will probably look better than the original black ones would have? I'll keep me eyes open for your new thread if you end up starting one.

7. jamiee

jamiee Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 680 Classified
    Black would look just fine but the blue should look OK too :)
    Just glad I don't have a Classified MOBO...

I'm starting to work on the new thread, should be up soon-ish.

See ya there.

8. Passion Fruit

Passion Fruit Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    No it isn't. It's just a normal 5870, it isn't any more or less powerful than the "original". Guru3D tends to have more ties with Nvidia partners i think, rather than ATI.

The only difference is that it's had components re-arranged and the PCB made shorter, and the cooler altered slightly from the original Vapour-X