ASUS VZ249HEG1R IPS Gaming Monitor has 1 ms response time

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 25, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. sam640

sam640 Member

GPU:
    GTX-1070
    The title is strange. I thought most new IPS panels have 1 ms response time!

3. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
    Oh god. Who still plays on 24" these days?

The Goose likes this.
  4. Reqruiz

Reqruiz Active Member

GPU:
    Vega 56 Pulse
    I do and millions of people too. 24+ is too big for my desktop and I don't see any reason to buy bigger screen. Stop with this gatekeeping, really.

Silva likes this.

5. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
    Wow- so i am gatekeeping? What does that even mean?

6. Error8

Error8 Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 2080 Supe
    I would guess that there should be two type of gamers out there: competitive ones, that use 24/27" monitors, with high refresh rates and immersive gamers that like to have all the eye candy that a display can give and usually use larger ones, maybe even TV's.

Undying, Silva and DocStr4ngelove like this.
  7. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    They don't, or actually do but you don't want to use it. I'll explain: monitors today come with an overdrive option, when you set it to high the panel can get lower than 1ms refresh time at the cost of overshot and inverse ghosting, ruining the experience. So the real numbers, with overdrive disabled or in low/medium settings, are more important because those are what you'll want to use. Most monitors will hit the refresh window (for 144hz it's below 7ms, 240hz is 4ms), some better than others displaying (or not) some kind of artefacts. Every monitor maker abuses de 1ms response time for marketing purposes, they're not doing something illegal, but f them.

Me, what's wrong about them? I sit 80 cm away from my monitor, why would I want a TV in my desk: to have to rotate my head? I seriously can't understand the trend for ever larger monitor displays: just get a f ing TV! (Or a projector on a wall).

I agree with @Error8: if you're gaming competitively you don't really need a TV sized monitor. If you're trying to build a sim racing seat (for example) I understand the triple 32'' monitor setup (or bigger).

sam640 likes this.
  8. sam640

sam640 Member

GPU:
    GTX-1070
    Thank you for the explanation.
    But the title still remain strange, made it sound like a unique achievement.

Silva likes this.
  9. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I still use 24" 1080p monitor, if I Ever find 27" frameless monitor that 4k and ticks all the other boxes i requre I might replace it. These days If i am "gaming" I just doing it on my 55"

Silva likes this.
  10. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Pffftt.. I know right...

21.5'' is way better.

Silva likes this.