ASUS M4N82 Deluxe PCI express slot no.3 issue

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by x-pan, May 9, 2010.

1. x-pan

x-pan New Member

GPU:
    GTX280SSC+GTX250OC (PPU)
    Hi guys,

I recently bought an ASUS M4N82 Deluxe Tri-SLI as part of an upgrade. I have two NVIDIA Geforce PCI express X16 cards installed, but they are not of the same chipset, and I don't use SLI; only purpose of the 2nd card is to handle PhysX/Folding. Currently I have an EVGA GTX 280 SSC installed in the blue PCI express slot 1 (16X link), and a BFG GTS 250 OC in the black PCI express slot 2 for physx/folding (8X link).

Now, my problem is that at first, as have read in the manual, I tried to install the second card to the third PCI express to have them both working at 16X link, but when I do, any card installed there (I switched them over as well) will not be recognized or work at all; I have tried to have only one installed there also, and still doesn't work, tried various configs, updated BIOS / changed settings a thousand times, installed Win7Pro 32 in another HDD (had Win7Pro x64), updated NVIDIA drivers... and still nothing:bang:

The question is: do I need to have two identical cards installed in slots no1 (blue) and no3 (blue), in SLI configuration (using an SLI bridge cable of course) for the third PCI express slot to work? or is my motherboard defective? or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance,
    x-pan

2. x-pan

x-pan New Member

GPU:
    GTX280SSC+GTX250OC (PPU)
    The answer came from ASUS technical support:
    "Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for contacting ASUS Customer Service.

As you mentioned, it seems the PCIE slot 3 is faulty. Please contact your reseller make a check for your motherboard, maybe there any hardware issue.
    Sorry for all the inconvenience.
    "
    Lucky me... :3eyes: