Asus GTX470 problems!! need some help

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Tavernero, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Tavernero

Tavernero Guest

GPU:
    Asus Gtx470 1280Mb
    ok, first of all, sorry about my bad english!
    i know its a long post, sorry

Couple weeks ago, i got an Asus GTX470 1280MB and im having some problems
    what i did before install the VGA

1 - i reinstaled win 7 with new drivers
    2 - updated the MB bios version

when i was playing Crysis, BFBC2 and Prototype the screen just freeze with some artifacts and i had to reboot but i could play WoW with all graphics on the max without any problems

the prototype problem i solved turning off the AA so i could play without any freeze!

so i decided to use Driver Sweeper n clean the video drivers n reinstall a version from the Asus Site (259.19)

now i can play BF n Crysys without many problems, but there's something strange happening

sometimes my VGA just seems to turn off for 2 or 3 seconds (the cooler stop) n then on again, the screen goes black (when it happens when im playing WoW it just turn on again n and i can keep playing without any problems but when it happen in other games just freeze)

i have no idea what is the problem, low Core Voltage? (im using the default 1018 according to Afterburner any problems if i raise it to 1089?) memory problems on the VGA?

pls i need some help with, if u guys need any other information tell me pls

All temps are normal, no more than 80ºC for the GPU n 60ºC for PCB (while im playing)

this is my config

Core I7 2600 3,4 Gh
    Asus P8p67 Deluxe
    Corsair DDR3 2x2gb 1333
    Corsair Cmpsu-750tx 750w Atx

Last edited: Mar 14, 2011
  2. fr33k

fr33k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 VENTUS OC
    artifact with AA on sounds like a memory issue. either your memory voltage regulator is buggered or your VRAM is corrupt if you are not seeing overheating.
    RMA tiem.

3. Tavernero

Tavernero Guest

GPU:
    Asus Gtx470 1280Mb
    I removed and reinstalled the VGA Driver, now i can play with AA on (in fact i played BF with 32x) without any problems, only the turning on and off issue sometimes (like 1 time a day). Can this is still be a memory or voltage regulator issue?

4. wulaishiwo

wulaishiwo Guest

GPU:
    Memory size
    sorry, I have no ideas about it@@

5. Tavernero

Tavernero Guest

GPU:
    Asus Gtx470 1280Mb
    anyone else have any idea??