Apple to release TV+ streaming service

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Mar 26, 2019.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    In the fall, Apple will offer a paid streaming service: Apple TV+, a TV service with its own programming. The company announced this on Monday during a presentation in California....

Apple to release TV+ streaming service

2. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Outside of the US this will be severly crippled by licensing wars anyway. But we all knew that this was coming, I'm surprised they took that long tbh.

3. Embra

Embra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6950 XT
    Apple wants to suck the soul out of everyone.

The one ring to rule them all.

These companies are looking to control too many services. We as consumers better pay attention.

4. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    More obnoxiously expensive "Apple style" stuff? Ok.

5. HardwareCaps

HardwareCaps Guest

GPU:
    x
    The exclusive content wars are coming to streaming services...... not sure if it's good or bad...probably both.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  6. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    I wish Disney would hurry up and release their streaming service so the sheer amount of competition and exclusive content is so overwhelming and expensive that it causes an outrage among consumers and puts an end to this crap. This is one of those things that's only going to continue to get worse until it gets so out-of-hand that it becomes a precedent where something prevents it from happening again.

gx-x likes this.
  7. gUNN1993

gUNN1993 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670 Windforce 3
    That war started years ago, the second wave has already begun with Netflix and Amazon focusing on Original Content (Also branding other peoples shows that they bought as their own and calling them 'original').

fantaskarsef likes this.
  8. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    This, and in my impression, the severity increases when you leave the English language services, German's horrible in that regard. Or when shows switch from one platform to the other... we shall see this getting worse.

9. SSD_PRO

SSD_PRO Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070
    So it is Apple TV with a + added? Revolutionary. My favorite is the new high interest rate credit card that doesn't charge late fees or raise the rate if you miss a payment. Well, until they have 3 million subscribers and leverage that "Apple Inc and/or servicer Goldman Sachs Inc reserves the right to modify without notice these terms at any time".

10. hijodeosiris

hijodeosiris Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT
    I´ve always said it, when things going bad ,let that crap wreck it hard.
    The faster and the worst this stuff develops the best for all of us, those who advocate in favor and against. People tend to learn when the outcome of a predictable situation end up bad, really really bad. I want this non sense to get to shi*** so fast and so hard no one can forget anymore how retarded is that "exclusive content streaming services".

For me, they can launch every mofo in the industry their dumb stream service I will rather save my money for anything else, even if if just deprecates over time, let them starve because at the end of the day they need our money and they are our hoes and not vice-versa, but again, masses have forgotten who actually have the pan by the handle. (not sure if this expression exists in English just my best to say it in English :) )

11. MegaFalloutFan

MegaFalloutFan Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 24Gb
    I get all my TV on Torrent, easy, can choose what i want, 4K, HDR, 5.1/7.1 surround and I can stick it to all of them for making almost every TV show and Movie into agenda driven agitprop.

12. MegaFalloutFan

MegaFalloutFan Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 24Gb
    Look at the shows list, except 3 Scifi TV shows that can go either way, [well one if by Battle Star Galactica man so it can be good but based on its cast unlikely] all the rest are Hipster/Millennial content for the '30 minus' age group.
    A TV show about some millennial young adult that got sick and her 9 girlfriends moved with her to California, HOW HOW is that interesting and who in their right mind would pay to watch this? [Ill pay NOT to watch it for sure]
    Its basically "life stories" of people that haven't lived a full life and comedies.

So dont worry, Amazon and Netflix easily beats them silly, apple dont have balls for something like Altered Carbon, Westworld, American Gods or even something like The Expanse.
    Its going to be extremely 2019 political and California agenda driven and 100% plain vanilla.

13. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    Android man here, I have HBO Go and Netflix installed in my phone, so this piece of news means less than nothing to me. Pretty happy with what I'vs got, waiting anxiously for Game of Thrones Season 8 when I'm out (40GB/mth so I'm good to go). Best part is, I can cast it to to my 65" TV and get the full GoT experience when I'm at home.

14. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Cool story bro, but "they" don't notice you, or me, or recognize we or the next guy reading this post even exist.
    To think you can stick anything to "them" is merely you wishing to get back at them for not offering what you want, which I can honestly understand from an emotional standpoint. It's just... futile ;)
    And saying piracy is the better way of providing media... well that discussion hasn't died down, or has not been won by either side for the last 25 years?

Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
  15. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    I know, the next thing will be something really stupid like a credit card that can only be used with your Apple Phone... oh wait a minute!

Then again don;t really keep a track of how the mobile market is going but surely Apple has reached the point where no one really cares about their phones. Their market share has surely been eaten away at by Samsung and now you have Huawei (not spelt right I am sure) trying to eat in to that market. I mean their latest Iphone advert show cases the phone as having a built in DOF effect, they are so devoid of ideas and features that that's what they opted to show case in an advert? Back in the day the adverts were funky, and different and show cased actual new features but the best they have now is our phone can edit DOF? Have apple really run out of ideas or are the folk that buy their products getting bored and starting to go elsewhere?

Last edited: Mar 27, 2019

16. MegaFalloutFan

MegaFalloutFan Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 24Gb
    I think they do, they see it as financial loss.
    And even if they dont, it makes me feel better that I kept my money from agenda driven "SJW" business.

17. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Whatever makes you happy :)

18. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    In a land where the internet companies are some of the worst in the world - subscription content is not going to be king, but pawn.

19. Not a single apple product owned.....working on them sure is easy money these days though, either easy software fix, or its wrecked, buy a new one.

MegaFalloutFan likes this.
  20. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Watched this video a while ago, sums up pretty much everything is to say about Apple streaming service.