AMD Radeon Crimson Edition 15.12 December 17

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by twtaylor, Dec 17, 2015.

1. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    If i was using an air cooled GPU (its own fans) i will not trust AMD drivers to control his temp based on last (and previous) drivers fan control problems.

Afterburner has a good fan control feature who allow to set a custom fan speed profile based on real time GPU temp monitoring.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2015
  2. Insomnia

Insomnia Guest

GPU:
    ATI 7970M
    Still Stuck with the error guys!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Please help. BSOD with Thread Stuck In Device Driver error still not letting me install any AMD drivers. System crashing. Have tried everything proposed so far.

3. heroxoot

heroxoot Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC2
    Setting frame rate or Vsync still only functions in the global profile, not per game. Disappointing as hell. It is literally all I want to work.

4. rafaelluik

rafaelluik Active Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon R9 280
    Disable the iGPU, easy.

5. FarEast

FarEast Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 780Ti Gaming
    no i didnt install any monitoring tools yet because i was updating windows at that time and then after restart artifact appears..

6. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    What if he's on a laptop with dual graphics?

7. the9quad

the9quad Guest

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    These WHQL drivers are complete and utter junk for crossfire users. They are broken so bad and in such a fundamental way that I don't know how AMD can seriously put these out with a straight face.
    Profiles in games that worked before no longer work. You cannot set a custom profile. You cannot turn on crossfire globally. If you go to the legacy CCC setting for crossfire and change anything, you cannot hit apply. Just embarrassingly bad.

8. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    The fact that CFX and games profiles are broke is not so important.

These are "little" details compared to what we gain in this completely "new" drivers.

Now we finally have a brand new name for them and a fancy red animated themed background in the GUI settings and new marvellous social connectors possibilities to say "thanks" to AMD right from inside the GUI.

We should be happy for their gift!

:banana:

9. RexOmnipotentus

RexOmnipotentus Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64
    I have no problem what so ever. CrossFire is still working like before and i can still change the CrossFire profiles.

10. the9quad

the9quad Guest

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    So go to the extra tab, which takes you to the old ccc. Go to crossfire, check the box that says turn on CFX for apps without a profile. Hit apply...nothing...oh and in the Crimson under game you can indeed use a custom profile you are correct , however it doesn't really do anything it still won't use it.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2015

11. Weekend

Weekend Guest

GPU:
    1660 S
    I have Global profile on 60 and cs go profile on 144, no problems. works ok.
    all games but cs go run on 60 fps.

12. A2Razor

A2Razor Guest

GPU:
    6800XT, XFX Merc319
    Ah, that quick eh and that early in an installation before really getting to gaming. Hopefully you're under warranty (being a brand new card), if not I'm sorry that sure sucks. I'm sure that everyone here appreciates the warning as unfortunate as it is that your hardware broke though (or your friend's for that matter). Maybe because of reports like yours on 15.12, and the 15.11.1 Crimson reports, some people will catch it happening before it's too late.

It's hard to say with these things, you always hope that it's a fluke but then again.. Cards do cook pretty fast if the fans get shut off or don't kick up to proper speeds quickly. Card-killing driver bugs are something we shouldn't even be seeing (in terms of both quality-control and failsafes). You'd think (or hope) there would be both hardware and driver failsafes and other mechanisms inplace to kick in and prevent these types of things .... yet there seems to be reports on both the NVidia and AMD sides repeatedly of it through various drivers.

**Definitely going to second sammarbella's recommendation to use a tool such as Afterburner with a software manual fan-ramp as a precaution.

EDIT: On that note, ironically I've been using Afterburner's software fan-ramps on cards for years and years now. Probably would've ran in to things like this far more often if not for that habit.

GPU vbios controls seem far too relaxed in my opinion, and focus far too much on sound level over the safety and endurance of the hardware.

13. RexOmnipotentus

RexOmnipotentus Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64
    I must admit that i didn't install the WHQL drivers. I'm stil using the 15.11.1 beta. Is it crimson that broke it for you or is it really the WHQL driver that messed everything up?

Everything is working fine with the 15.11.1 drivers. I can change the CrossFire profiles for each game just fine.

By the way, i'm not saying that you are talking nonesense. Something that is working for me, doesn't have to work for you.

14. the9quad

the9quad Guest

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X

You are the first person running crimson drivers, I have ran into that can enable crossfire profiles for games that don't already have one, and actually have them work. Changing to custom profiles isn't the problem, having them actually change for real and work in game is the problem.

for instance here was the last post by someone over at overclock.net

15. sammarbella

sammarbella Guest

GPU:
    290X Lightning CFX (H2O)
    I seriously doubt AMD Q&A and error reporting have more real use than writing down drivers problems on toilet paper.

2 drivers ago, 3 if WHQLed one counts as "new" driver, AMD silently disabled Fallout 4 CFX profile and put the game title under "quality and performance optimizations" in release notes:

Now more than one month later the Fallout default profile is the same as disabled.

We all know Fallout 4 is a small indie title and not one of the biggest 2015 AAA games.

At least before they recommended to disable CFX, now they disable it silently and call it "improved".

:bang:

Maybe in 6 months they will magically found that AFR friendly mode works since day one and set it as default.

16. RexOmnipotentus

RexOmnipotentus Guest

GPU:
    Vega 64
    I'm pretty sure that i enable AFR friendly mode for Fallout 4. I'm also sure that i could change the CrossFire profile for Anno 2205 and assasins creed syndicate. I also remember a game (i believe it was also ANNO 2205) that wasn't running in CrossFire mode, because i didnt check the box that says 'turn on CFX for apps without a profile'. After i enabled it, it did work.

Maybe i got lucky and i played games that didn't have any problems with the new crimson driver.

17. sekta

sekta Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080
    I don't experience any of the crossfire problems you described.

18. rafaelluik

rafaelluik Active Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon R9 280
    Whoops! :)

19. the9quad

the9quad Guest

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X

Are you guys on windows 10 pro? Are you disabling ULPS? Are you using trixx or afterburner? I am trying to nail this down.

20. z8373767

z8373767 Master Guru

GPU:
    6900XT/8650G+7970M
    I can disable my iGPU, but it's not officialy. I used MSI_Enabler to unlock more features for my BIOS. What about other laptops? HD 8750M + HD 8550G?
    AMD, pls.