AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 20.2.2 driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 28, 2020.

1. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    @JonasBeckman
    Try different OC in CRU:
    31-144
    32, 33 or 35Hz (as minimum)
    I have (right now) 30-74 and Monitor is set to 71Hz (with option up to 74) everything is sooo smooth .
    IMO it's minimums that cause some issues.
    I will test & report when new driver hit Us :p

Last edited: Mar 16, 2020
  2. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK
    Got a specific issue. With the new Rocket League update that changed the default API from DX9 to DX11 and using 3840x2160 VSR on a 1080 monitor, Freesync doesn't work correctly. The refresh rate goes from 144 to a random number and back in less than a second constantly which makes the game totally not smooth. With DX9, Freesync works fine.

3. sof006

sof006 Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    https://www.asus.com/uk/Graphics-Cards/ROG-STRIX-RX5700XT-O8G-GAMING/

I did what this guys does in this reddit thread https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/dr5bxt/i_solved_my_max_memory_clocks_at_144hz_problem/

It solved my high memory MHz issue and also fixed the stuttering problem at the same time (just a bandaid fix if you ask me)
    and VSR isn't enabled, its disabled by default for me.

4. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Needing to use CRU to correctly adjust the timings means your EDID info on the monitor's firmware needs an update. I see no updates on MSI's site, however, there is a monitor driver you should install:

https://www.msi.com/Monitor/support/Optix-MAG241C#down-driver&Win10 64

It should set up the monitor properly, and also provide color profiles.

Contact MSI and see if a firmware update is available. You may have to send it to them to get updated.

5. sof006

sof006 Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Just installed that driver now, doesn't appear to have made any noticable adjustments?

6. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Try using reset-all.exe on CRU so that the monitor can be redetected and check to see what results you get.

7. sof006

sof006 Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    No dice, still the wrong refresh rate. Still at 143.855 MHz

8. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    It's probably just a INF and maybe a default color profile ICP instead of a SYS driver file, that's just a text file that for this it will just give the monitor it's name besides "Generic PNP display" whereas the .sys would be an actual driver component and have a bit more functionality to it. :)

So it'd have to be a firmware update if one is available and if not it might not be fixable without modding the values via tools like CRU.

9. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    AMD just launched Renoir, I'm expecting new driver soon

LocoDiceGR and JonasBeckman like this.
  10. ms178

ms178 Member Guru

GPU:
    Vega 56
    No benchmarks on Renoir though. But nevertheless it would be time to release 20.3.1 as there are only two weeks left this month.

JonasBeckman likes this.

11. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Would be nice to see what more fixes AMD has been working on since 20.2.2, hopefully that does mean we'll see a driver release timed together with Renoir here.
    DOOM Eternal comes out on the 20th too so the latest Vulkan improvements and general optimization for the game would be something but nothing to do but wait and see what happens I suppose. :)

12. sof006

sof006 Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Okay so ive been doing some fiddling and tinkering. I've discovered that if I use HDMI over Display Port my refresh rate is correct. Also games appear to function slightly better. I still have issues primarly with Destiny 2 now where performance sucks for maybe 2 minutes and then its running at full speed (no stuttering) I am still having an issue with black screen at launch (only Destiny 2) and I have to tab out and back in to fix it. I have also noticed now that my memory clock is pinned at 1750MHz even when idle, according to GPU-Z. Thus my memory temps are higher than they should be when not playing games.

13. ms178

ms178 Member Guru

GPU:
    Vega 56
    I've seen some blackscreens due to a change in resolution and/or refresh rate. Make sure that your game settings match your desktop settings. Some games seem to run intros or cutscenes with a different refresh rate than specified in the game (e.g. Battlefield 1) which might trigger problems.

14. sof006

sof006 Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    This isn't a one off black screen, its very consitant and it only impacts Destiny 2 from what I can gather. Doesn't matter what settings I use, I always get a black screen upon opening Destiny 2. Tabbing out and back in fixes the issue, I then have stuttering in game for maybe 5 minutes and then everything is fine. No other game appears to exhibit the same behaviour (none that I play at least).

15. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    With all the Corona Virus stuff, hold your horses for a month or 2...

They are probably gonna work from home, stuff will be different.

Passus likes this.

16. TheDukeSD

TheDukeSD Guest

GPU:
    MSI GT 1030 2GH OC
    An open source project like OpenWRT does it all remote. Patches are submited from home. Images are build remotely.

If an open source project can do it all remotely then AMD can build their drivers entirely remotely too. (Maybe it will actually help with the quality of the drivers and well stop the never ending situations when a driver gets something fixed and in the next driver the bug show ups again and it remains unfixed for ages.)

The only difference is that in the case of a closed source project you gonna use authentication and encryption.

17. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah that virus situation is starting to show here too, seeing people wearing these masks or air filters and in shops most canned goods are going quickly as is toilet paper and this disinfection fluid in pretty large amounts.
    (Some lady bought about 50 of these hand disinfection bottles yesterday and going by the amount of TP people are carting out it seems the idea is to camp it out at home...over the next few years.)

Going to be a odd little situation over the next few months I expect even after early remedies start appearing for use on the worst affected it'll still take time before things are lifted for how the situation is with this both for various countries and then for the EU here overall and I guess world wide relations and events and all that stuff. Things are pretty hectic here despite not too many infected and very few with more severe symptoms so I'd imagine the other countries would be in a worse state for this is going to be handled until it's either cured or however it will stop.

EDIT: As to the AMD driver situation for this thread I suppose if there is a order to work from home or just stay home things are going to be affected though I do not know that much for how the situation is for the US at the moment although it seems they're also affected as of at least last week or so if I remember the news right.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2020
    LocoDiceGR likes this.
  18. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Guys i'm running into a problem that occurs only in windows 7 and does not happen on windows 10. While running 4x RX590s in CrossfireX for competitive bench marking at hwbot , the driver and amd software always crash when trying to open the software suite to make changes in windows 7 , with patience i go thru task manager and close everything amd/ati in there and wait a couple of minutes , then i sometimes get lucky and the whole amd software suite will open without crashing. Anyone else with this problem while running windows 7 ?

19. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    turn off iommu

20. ms178

ms178 Member Guru

GPU:
    Vega 56
    Thankfully AMD got out this driver before Corona hit the world, two more months with all of the bad press and bugs could have driven some people insane. But I still would like to see a March release with more fixes - at least it was supposed to be GDC this week.

LocoDiceGR, JonasBeckman and PrEzi like this.