AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 19.8.2 driver download and discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by mtrai, Aug 26, 2019.

1. mtrai

mtrai Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RD Vega
    AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 19.8.2 driver download

Download Link

Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.8.2 Highlights
    Support For
    • Control™
      • Up to 10% performance improvement in Control running DirectX® 11 on Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition version 19.8.2 vs. 19.8.1.RS-309
    • Man of Medan™
    • Radeon RX 5700 series graphics support for HDCP®2.3.
    Fixed Issues
    • Rocket League™ may experience an application hang on performing a task switch.
    • League of Legends™ may experience slower than expected performance when performing a task switch.
    • System instability may be experienced on Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products when performing memory overclocking while a 3D application is running.
    • Minor stutter may be experienced during the first few minutes of Fortnite™ gameplay.
    Known Issues
    • Launching RGB Fusion 2.0 may cause a system hang on Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products system configurations.
    • Stutter may be experienced when Radeon FreeSync is enabled on 240hz refresh displays with Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products.
    • Radeon Performance Metrics may report incorrect VRAM utilization.
    • AMD Radeon VII may experience elevated memory clocks at idle or on desktop.
    • Radeon Overlay may intermittently fail to appear when toggled in game.
    • Audio for clips captured by Radeon ReLive may be corrupted or garbled when desktop recording is enabled.
    • Enabling Enhanced Sync may cause game, application or system crashes on Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products.
    Footnotes

• RS-309 - Testing conducted by AMD Performance Labs as of August 22nd, 2019 on Control (DirectX® 11 at High and Medium Presets) at 1080p, 1440p and 4K resolutions, running Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.8.2 and 19.8.1 drivers. Results on 19.8.2 showed up to 10% performance gains over previous driver. Performance may vary based on resolution and settings.
    Important Notes
    • AMD Ryzen™ Mobile Processors with Radeon™ Vega Graphics FAQ for Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition can be found here.
    Package Contents
    The Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.8.2 installation package contains the following:

• Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.8.2 Driver Version 19.30.01.40 (Windows Driver Store Version 26.20.13001.4003)

Undying, JonasBeckman, OnnA and 2 others like this.
  2. Shadowxaero

Shadowxaero Guest

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4090 Amp
    Sigh still has Core OCing issues on Radeon VII....part of me thinks they did this on purpose to make the 5700XT more attractive >.>

3. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    75Hz bug is still present for RX 5700, just tested (random flickering lines on top of the screen)
    State of Decay 2 in Windowed Fullscreen stops at 37-38fps when having 75Hz set.
    Already reported this a while back with others people, yet it's still not under Known Issues, why AMD?

4. ClockClocker

ClockClocker Master Guru

GPU:
    970 gtx
    Is the setting for switching to RGB 4,4,4 FULL back?

5. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    Since this has been fixed in previous driver, why would AMD break it again?

6. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    I never lost any Pixel Format settings, no problems with OCin, no bugs with monitor's HZ. All drivers to date since my 390X became OLD, superseded by 400 series and later, not a single problem. I have faith in AMD in terms of long term support and stability.

People should learn to better understand their computer systems, installations and hardware maintenance. I am sure many AMD engineers see things smooth and working like me, so it is difficult and mostly user's end erroneous decisions that are failing hard.

LocoDiceGR and HeavySmok like this.
  7. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Crossfire profiles disappeared from the atiapfxx.blb file a few drivers ago but the power profiles can still show some details.

These were added as of 19.8.2

<application Title="AC Origins plus" File="ACOrigins_plus.exe">
    <use Area="PXDynamic">HighPerfGPUAffinity</use>
    </application>
    <application Title="AC Origins plus" File="ACOrigins.exe">
    </application>
    <application Title="Discovery Tour Ancient Egypt plus" File="DiscoveryTourAncientEgypt.exe">
    </application>
    <application Title="Discovery Tour Ancient Egypt" File="DiscoveryTourAncientEgypt_plus.exe">
    </application>
    <application Title="AC Odyssey plus" File="ACOdyssey_plus.exe">
    </application>
    <application Title="AC Odyssey" File="ACOdyssey.exe">
    </application>
    <application Title="Discovery Tour Ancient Greece" File="DiscoveryTourAncientGreece.exe">
    </application>
    <application Title="Discovery Tour Ancient Greece plus" File="DiscoveryTourAncientGreece_plus.exe">
    </application>
    <application Title="Ghost Recon: Breakpoint" File="GRB.exe">
    </application>
    <application Title="Borderlands 3" File="Borderlands3.exe">
    </application>
    <application Title="Oak Game Win64" File="OakGame.exe">
    </application>
    <application Title="Oak Game" File="OakGame-Win64-Test.exe">
    </application>
    <application Title="Control DX11" File="Control_DX11.exe">
    </application>
    <application Title="Control DX12" File="Control_DX12.exe">
    </application>
    <application Title="The Dark Pictures Anthology : Man of Medan" File="ManOfMedan-Win64-Shipping.exe">
    </application>

So...

Assassin's Creed Origins

Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Uplay Plus version (New exe, likely a new UPlay client ID too.) and the separate Tour/Discovery mode and the Uplay plus version of these.
    (The Uplay client premium subscription service Ubisoft is doing kinda like EA's program on Origin.)

Borderlands 3

Oak Game (Something 64-bit UE4 from what it's looking like unless Borderlands is now using tree code names and it's that.)

Control DX11 and DX12 (DX11 mentioned in the release notes though so nothing surprising here.)

Man of Medan

Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
    Jackalito and warlord like this.
  8. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    little offtopic ... AC Origins ... hoped it will run better than on RX5700 than with my previous RX580, but nope, still can't hold 60 fps

9. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Does your CPU provide enough horsepower to be surely away from DX11 overhead or bottlenecks? Assassin's Creed franchise, all versions, all games, benefit Nvidia mostly by a large margin like the way those games meant to be played. You can't expect much here. It is Ubi's racism, not AMD's problem.

10. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    The first ac game is an exception from that rule but nvidia in partnership with ubisoft made sure performance is not much better on radeon gpus. Old case but worth to remind it from time to time. 1.0 and 1.0.1 versions of the game had support for dx10.1 and radeon hd4xxx were getting performance advantage because of that. With patch 1.0.2 support for dx10.1 was removed, explained with "visual bugs" that nobody never seen or reported. 1.0.2 version of ac1 has only dx9 and dx10, no dx10.1 anymore.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2019

11. d_mouse

d_mouse Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ 7900XTX
    Anyone else getting black screen issues with this and Chrome? i.e. The full window of Chrome is black and nothing can be seen if GPU acceleration is enabled. This is on 2 PC's one with an RX480 and the other with an RX580

Current work around I have is to launch with -disable-gpu at the end of the shortcut and then disable hardware acceleration.

12. Athlonite

Athlonite Maha Guru

GPU:
    Pulse RX5700 8GB
    "Radeon Overlay may intermittently fail to appear when toggled in game" Still not fixed thanks AMD

13. GSDragoon

GSDragoon Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon RX 6800
    It should be.

14. connos

connos Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7900XTX
    This driver fixed all my problems with 5700xt and BFV. No more stuttering, 120-140 on high-ultra settings.I use to get 80-130 on previous driver. The card runs more stable clocks. Also freesynch was not working previously as the screen would dim it self when launching the game. Now is fixed. Very good driver so far.

Jackalito likes this.
  15. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    The CPU usage is mostly around 35-55%. If I disable SMT, it's close to 75-85% but with little better fps.
    I read few times fps on AMD cards also struggling in AC Origins/Odyssey due to missing DX11 Multithreading.
    I'm not gonna buy NVIDIA card though, just because of that ;-)

warlord likes this.

16. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    I'm not using Chrome, but if I keep HW acceleration enabled in Firefox I get random BSOD. I thought these issues or similar ones are only affecting AMD Navi owners?

17. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    Guess I need to clean with DDU, as now I get plenty of videos not displaying at all with potplayer and in software mode it is mostly black.

18. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Origins and Odyssey are these two oddities at the moment, AMD compared to NVIDIA had a pretty noticeable performance difference upwards of 40% in the worst spots but the CPU and GPU behavior also differs a bit since the games threading seems to come from NVIDIA's method of using NVAPI and deferred render contexts so it spawns an additional 8 threads for this purpose. (And always 8 thus octa core being the recommended though a hexa is good too outside of some major bottleneck areas like the main cities in each game.)

So on NVIDIA GPU systems CPU usage from this and the D3D11.1 driver command list function you get a near 100% CPU load on the primary core and pretty high load on the other six to eight cores though a bit below what CPU0 is doing and besides Athens of Odyssey and Alexandria of Origins it's manageable although stuttering starts becoming more pronounced on a quad core system even if it's a higher clocked model or even a overclocked one.

For AMD the newer GPU's also handle some of the issues such as tessellation and geometry performance better although culling and discarding unused data I think is still not quite on par and these games would likely have benefited from D3D12 even if it's mainly to get the CPU command list functionality going where it's a standard and not a optional part plus other improvements over D3D11 even if 11.1 and on has a few additions too but not quite the same as with D3D12 itself. :)

So yeah not the best at explaining and it's a complex odd little issue but older AMD GPU's kinda run into issues with this game and even without the additional threading the game is still pushing CPU pretty hard but AMD systems tend to hover around the 70% utilization other than again the big cities with a ton of geometry details, NPC and other stuff to calculate and work with for CPU, GPU, RAM and HDD though DirectX 11 might be hampering things a bit as well for these games. :D

Radeon VII shows some improvements over Vega though being less bottlenecked and just faster (Brute force it all!) and then Navi and it's RDNA improvements for shader performance and the way that it does Wave32 instead of a Wave64 where it requires less threading and getting full effect also makes it excel in these games where it holds up pace with the VII despite having less cores total so it's a interesting game but I am curious how much D3D11 is holding total performance back but it's speculative until Ubisoft implements either DirectX 12 or Vulkan for the current version of Anvil Engine on PC maybe for the third game coming in 2021 or so but we'll see and even if that happens it might be pushing even greater visual fidelity (Playstation 5 and the next XBox coming out too.) so a direct comparison might not be doable and who knows what else they might be implementing.

I find them good test cases for D3D11 and potential bottlenecks although not perfect and also a indication of future titles going more mainstream with almost requiring a hexa or even octa core minimum.
    (Performance wise though this system is held back by RAM and HDD among other bits but I hope to be able to improve that next year sometime depending on how things go.)

Also nice to hear confirmation on more fixes for the 5700(XT) / Navi10 though yeah a few of the remaining issues are still there once again but I suppose AMD has been focused on fixing up Navi and settling a few of the other reported issues and current snags like the pixel format option somehow disappearing for a lot of users.

Undying and SpajdrEX like this.
  19. pakoo

pakoo Member Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Red Devil EL
    For a lot of previous driver version (this included), I have a Flickering video in youtube with Microsoft Windows Egde in fullscreen mode (1440p and 144Hz monitor). Chrome and Firefox no problems, but this two dont have HDR Youtube support.

20. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Looks like BSOD in WoW classic, Apex Legends is a bit more variable, hardware acceleration in browsers is better but still not fixed (Difference in format used and things like 60FPS perhaps?) and undervolting doesn't seem to be doing much in Wattman for earlier GPU models anymore which I need to check.

So for the 5700 / 5700 XT there's BSOD issues in a few games and hardware browser acceleration particularly for video playback can lead to a BSOD but seems to be less frequent than 19.8.1, Apex Lengends can crash to black screen and force a complete system shut down and start up to get back from that and WoW classic BSOD's with some AMD .sys error.

Vega reports indicate that for a number of users Wattman doesn't apply undervolt and a few also report that the fan curve settings doesn't do anything (It works here but I need to check the voltage value.) and then the Radeon VII well there's the elevated clock speeds and some reports about stability but nothing specific from what I've found so far.

Polaris seems to be having similar issues as before but some users are also running on a older version of Windows 10 or without the cumulative for fixing the screen color corruption problem.

Still have more to read though, usual bias also applies with reports being far more frequent when something does happen compared to everything working so a quick glance could make it seem like the drivers since 19.5.1 are totally busted although there are a few titles and situations that seem to be 100% repeatable and should be easy for AMD to test and unless it needs software updates for the affected games or programs fixing these should then be possible in a later driver release. :)

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/cvry5c/radeon_software_adrenalin_2019_edition_1982/

Fox2232, Watcher, OnnA and 3 others like this.