AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 19.8.1 driver download

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by mtrai, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    I suspect people doing upgrade installs will have no issue with Pixel format, vs those doing DDU + clean installs.

2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    What card is that, warlord? You always had issues so this comment moved me.

warlord, Jackalito and MerolaC like this.
  3. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    I did a DDU + clean install.
    The options is not there.

4. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    Upgraded on Monday, no issues so far.

Vega + DP 1440p 144Hz monitor - pixel format is present

[​IMG]

MaestroBayten likes this.

5. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    z8373767 and Jackalito like this.
  6. Lumaan

Lumaan Member

GPU:
    Asus R9 290X 4GB OC
    Maybe, I'm running on DP and can see pixel format.

But got other problem, when I gen-start my PC it will not read the blb files so I have to re-enable then again, even the gmdb.blb is still right (Some is enable in blb, in settings it say it's enabled but the game don't get it. And if I go into it enabled, it way the ones now is disabled.) :/

7. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Can you elaborate? I can't make out what you are saying.

Nope, it happens with display port with a monitor and/or tv.

Regular uninstall and install. DDU was not used.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
  8. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    @Undying In my older spare PC I have the same 'ol classic 390X as always.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I have the latest Windows 10 (slow ring) and I always do DDU twice. First safe mode and then normal mode after boot immediately. 3rd reboot I install driver always. The fourth time I resume my PC use, as intended.

Undying likes this.
  9. Vlooi

Vlooi Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon vii
    Uninstalled old, installed 19.8.1 on Radeon vii, everything here. No probs. DP with monitor, not TV.

10. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Anyone got any pics with DP and Pixel Format with this driver?

11. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Sure. :)

[​IMG]

Jackalito and LocoDiceGR like this.
  12. DanEVO7

DanEVO7 Member Guru

GPU:
    Duke 2080 Ti
    Clean install (No DDU) and it's working great. Pixel Format present

13. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    Yep

14. motoman26

motoman26 Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 4070 ti
    Hell just froze over, after 6 months of eyefinity being broken for 144hz, it has finally been fixed.
    Driver works flawlessly here, all options are available and performance is great.

Jackalito and Undying like this.
  15. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Thanks
    Could you tell me what Device Manager says for Monitors?

I'm still wondering what is going on here?

[​IMG]

Not only do I not have Pixel Format but I do not have VSR as well.
    Either there is a pretty big blunder going on or there is no information about my monitor even though it can recognize it.
    Either way I'm not the only one with this issue.

However, there is no rhyme nor reason that makes any sense.
    One cannot install drivers, have no errors installing them and still have missing features. IMHO, there is something going on with these drivers when it comes to certain combo cards and monitors that needs to be fixed. I'm sure RTG is aware of.

Edit:
    My monitor is fairly new on the market. It was only released a few months ago. Perhaps RTG may need to create some sort of profile for the monitor in the drivers :confused:. However, that still doesn't explain why others are having the same problem(s) with other monitors. Unless the same applies, for example.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019

16. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    Hmmm, what driver are you using for your monitor?

17. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Yeah I was asking him the same thing.
    Mine says Generic PnP Monitor.

Edit:
    Bingo, I can prove that these drivers don't properly recognize my monitor.

[​IMG]

It's only been since this driver it stop telling me I wasn't at native refresh rate. But it still tells me I'm not using native resolution although I am at 1440p.

So yeah, the drivers don't recognize the monitor correctly. In all honesty I'm not going to tell it to "fix" my resolution. I don't want these drivers messing up my monitor nor changing the registry either.

18. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    pull the cable and plug it back in.

19. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    Generic PnP Monitor is a default MS one. Install drivers for your monitor (it should be part of RGB Fusion package) and reboot.

20. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    I had to turn display scaling off when I had the Fury or it'd be limited to 2880x1620 I think it was below 3840x2160 but VSR has been a bit unstable so I've kept it off and some software likes to just take the highest supported reported resolution instead of the native desktop but yeah it shouldn't just be missing.

Monitor driver shouldn't be that big of a deal either as it's from the reported EDID information in the firmware plus whatever protocol is used in the display though settings in the monitor such as scaling mode or others could be a thing I know newer ones have a lot more fun stuff compared to older or in my case older and more mid or low end really. (Worth the price but nothing special, it's also 8+2 bit or dithered for 10-bit although the display refresh the year after added a native 10-bit panel in.)

Driver file is just a INF with a precalibrated generic ICC profile so it's completely redundant and you can do much better, INF is just a text string so it reads Dell Display instead of Generic Plug and Play but it has no other functionality and the installer just adds the INF and sets the ICC which a proper calibration would be better and then tweaking the monitor settings.

Display Port which is what I'm using is also the same as always in terms of cabling, this is a very old cable but since it hasn't changed it does 1.0 to 1.4 just the same (1.2 here) though with HDMI I do believe you actually need a proper cable and there are lower priced budget variants of both and the longer ones might not carry the signal fully though I am very unfamiliar on this subject. (Had to look up the whole DP1.x certified stuff and yeah it's a thing and certification has meaning but the hardware in the cable isn't changing and the packets are just sent without issue at least so far.)

EDIT: Actually perhaps some of the newer monitors even use .sys files too but that would be a bit above my knowledge level if the OS needs specific driver files for correct display functionality now.

EDID and the data packets from the cable sent back and forth should be it plus functionality like adaptive sync whether AMD or NVIDIA and then possibly some of the extra sometimes conflicting display functions such as ultra low motion blur and what else.
    (Response time overclocking I assume is still a thing but it shouldn't mess with the way it reports refresh rate or resolution support and if it worked in a earlier driver and that's the only thing that changed then yeah.)

EDIT: Wonder if some of the newly added display settings got added or set and this is interfering but that's just a guess really.

Seems more for TV's anyway and it shouldn't affect existing settings but something was changed here and these are new so who knows what the code here could have been changed around like. Perhaps it's something like that.
    (AMD's driver team will have to be the ones to fix that up again though, maybe the Vanguard testers could report it if anyone on their group can replicate it reliably or AMD's driver team directly of course.)

And again it probably worked just fine before so it's not like the display functionality just broke and it's something in the driver most likely although the device manager will have some "grayed out" models listed since it restarts/resets on driver install. :)
    (Show hidden and it might be a fairly long list but this shouldn't affect anything but they can be deleted just don't actually delete anything else or the drivers for the actual GPU component and such not that it's very likely but just saying before anyone pokes around the device manager which can be problematic without knowing what's what.)