AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 19.7.3 driver download

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 25, 2019.

1. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Installed, so far is OK.
    Clean Install was used.

Played so far:
    MtG Arena
    Rage 2
    BFV

Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
  2. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    My crashes are fixed, MSI Afterburner running with overlay.

I'm a happy gamer. :D

Last night i had Wattman overlay running and RiS enabled but i still crashed in BFV.
    After disabling both it seems to be fixed, it's probably tied to the same problem as with Enhanced Vsync crashes on RX 5700 cards.

SpajdrEX and Jackalito like this.
  3. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    That's not a fix, that's another workaround. MadVR also need an insane GPU power compared to LAV filters, which means no more zero RPM fans when watching a movie... And I mostly watch videos that do not need to be upscaled.

4. Morax

Morax Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Suprim X
    Still no Netflix in HDR and/or 4K with these. What a surprise...

At least my videoplayback is tearfree...

5. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Create a game profile for your player, and disable GSync.

The issue is that the players are using exclusive fullscreen mode to play a video, and as such is triggering VRR activation.

6. heibay

heibay Guest

tearing in windows 1809 too.
    k-lite's media player classic got tearing test (ctrl+t by default).
    just got pink/purple screen after cold boot in login/boot screen not in motherboard logo though. it got fine after a while in desktop screen.

7. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Never use enhanced sync. Introduces all kinda weird crashes and stuttering. Freesync is the way to go by itself with some frame limiter.

8. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2019
    Undying likes this.
  9. Kero

Kero Member

GPU:
    strix 5700xt
    I have missing textures and poor performance in No Mans Sky when using experimental Vulkan mode. If I switch to openGL it goes back to normal. Think may be caused by Vukan changes in release notes?

10. ektoradsj

ektoradsj Member

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB XFX
    Invisible ability effects on smite. (Not all abilities but 1 ability at least in every god...)
    Same problem in 19.7.1 and 19.7.2.
    Reported to amd from the start but still nothing.
    Gpu Hd7850 2gb.
    With every new useless feature here comes a bug.
    (UVD BUG Fixed after 2 years and they still brought it back).
    And lets not talk about this problem : http://forums.smitegame.com/showthr...hing-Stuttering-(Video-link-with-the-problem)
    Happens in vlc fullscreen also and some other games.(Disabling fullscreen optimization does nothing in those games.)
    Team Green from now on.... (No such problems in my gtx 1060.(
    Goodbye shitred

11. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    7850, the gpu from 2012? Do you think his competitor gtx660 is working flawlessly? No, nvidia dont even support it anymore. No offense but card is a garbage. You should keep that 1060, this is not for you.

12. ektoradsj

ektoradsj Member

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB XFX
    @Undying Eat crap mate.... I bought it and when i go to download drivers the ones that appear are the 19.7.3. If they have problems then they should not put them with this card and keep the old ones in the official site.

13. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    You expect too much from that card that's for sure. HD7850 is an old gpu, also 2GB of vram limits it and makes it unusable with new games. Stuttering in games if not caused by fluctuating clocks then it is caused by amount of vram, it is just too small for many games nowadays. As undying mentioned, get geforce 660 and see how much different is experience on it. I can give you answer already: not that much different. Comparing HD7850 to 1060 is plain stupid and shows you have no idea what you are talking about. Go green and do not come back here again, pls. Or quoting you:

Undying likes this.
  14. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    It worked flawlessly when i had my Vega 56. It worked wonders, felt like freesync on a non-freesync monitor.

15. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Don't forget to lose the AMD avatar too. Enjoy your NVIDIA forced telemetry, and a whole new set of issues.

16. passenger

passenger Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    I remember when enhanced sync came out I used it in Dying Light it was very much freesync like.

17. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    Probably because DL has monstrous input lag and you're beyond the threshold where you would notice any additional on top. ;)

18. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    OK, I notice something odd and need some help.
    19.7.1 = profiles works fine. It detected all the games. However, I was using win10's Radeon drivers before that. Fresh win10 install.

Now, I use DDU in safe mode. Reboot. Install 19.7.3 and profiles are broken. I have to manually add a few games. Radeon Anti Lag still works when I manually add them. I used DDU because I wanted to get rid of the drivers that win10 auto installs (fresh copy of win10) as I didn't need it.

(Reasoning)
    Win10 auto driver update borked my win10 install as it updated drivers while I was installing AMD drivers. So from now on I simply use DDU to stop the process.

Is using DDU causing the profile issue or is anyone else having missing profiles in Radeon?

19. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Only difference is that 19.7.x has some changes to profile detection beyond just add/remove entries from the registry though I am not sure where it's crawling or how since it found profiles for games like Subnautica which I uninstalled months ago though I assume part of it is from registry remnants possibly Valve and the appid info since I also remove the config and other data files on game uninstallation.

And yeah even if you configure the update process to avoid drivers so it doesn't try to force "THIS IS NEWER!!!" and then grabbing some month old data archive that just happened to be on WUS the moment you remove the driver and go back to the basic GFX adapter WU will immediately spin up and find something "I HAS FOUND A DRIVER!!!!" and forcibly install it.

Unplug the network cable or disconnect the wireless and then do a scan after the newest actual driver is installed and rebooted and working to avoid that, it saves time undoing Windows 10 finding a 6 - 12 month or older driver and cleaning a ton of legacy stuff that might no longer even exist in newer driver code from old files and settings and all kinds of stuff really though DDU probably has a good coverage overall for what it does clean out but it then needs to be redone if Windows forces a earlier driver install which, isn't fun. :)

EDIT: There are good reasons for automatic maintenance and updates but the lack of easy control and setting it up and what it does install (WITHOUT ASKING!) can be irritating thus the caps stuff, it invalidates a good few minutes of having to do the entire process over and it's easy to forget and it runs in the background (And without any prompts.) so unless you catch the screen flash on driver restart it's easily missed.

EDIT: And if you have a older GPU then Windows 10 can find some really odd old driver data it deems stable and good, a year or so isn't too bad but then it gets kinda dumb though I think newer builds of Windows 10 also hamper what it lets through due to WDDM support and criteria like that so that's a bit of a positive at least, unless it doesn't.

20. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    The UVD bug is infamous and it apparently having returned in the latest driver is indeed a legit complaint. You´re blaming the card´s age for its problems, and that´s fine if we´re talking performance in the latest games (where a driver giving 10% extra performance is considered good), but an obvious driver bug just shouldn´t be given a pass like that.

The same goes for games that do run but have some graphical glitch or stability issue or whatever that´s just driver bugs.

And the GTX 660 is still indeed supported by Nvidia. Everything isn´t green there either though, Hitman 2 DX12 is known to cause crashes on Nvidia GPUs (might have been fixed now though)

MS-DOS likes this.