AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 19.1.1 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 10, 2019.

1. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Cool.

2. ninja750

ninja750 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 REF
    i think that these 2 values are stored in the vbios so that at default speeds you have automatically the performance one, and overclocking you have automatically the slowest one for stability

i think that now we have a chance to use the performance profile even in overclock

so if we set the performance one on stock clocks nothing improves, but setting it on oveclocked memories should give some gain if it won't crash

3. ninja750

ninja750 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 REF
    2600 rpm isn't it loud?

4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    2000rpm+ tend to be loud but inside a closed case not so much. These blade fans are really quiet.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019

5. Ali8075

Ali8075 Guest

GPU:
    Nitro+ Rx 470 8gb D
    Color still n ot working for me

6. SkelNonch

SkelNonch Guest

GPU:
    Vega 56
    I have a problem with these drivers. I get a black screen on the Windows login page, only way to clear it is turn my monitor on and off. I have a Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse and a BenQ XL2730Z Monitor. Had the same issue with 18.12.3. Had to DDU and revert to 18.12.1.1 where all is fine o_O

7. passenger

passenger Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    These ones are not good. GPU clock constantly fluctuating in games, VLC & PotPlayer have bonus green stuff, and same problem here with black login page. But radeon overlay is fixed and works great.

8. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here are some of the results. I choose those that I knew were more nvidia centric.

9. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    Have you tried the latest version of VLC or are you running on nightly builds?

I've a similar graphics card and use the same driver on 1809, but don't have any issues with VLC playback; apart from the occasional oddly sized window when toggling fullscreen.

Also probably should mention that I made sure to only install the display driver (as the rest of the package is riddled with bugs)...

10. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    I didnt notice any fluctuating frequency in games. Are you sure your card is getting enough power?

11. passenger

passenger Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    I will try ddu and get rid of relive, and yea I recently updated vlc to 3.0.5 that uses different codecs then potplayer but same behaviour.

The clock only changes from 2019 Adrenalin drivers.

12. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Should we get another optimized driver for RE2 before 25th? 580 already smashes 1060 with these...

Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
  13. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    We will get for sure, its RADEON sponsored game, and very good optimised.

Tested the demo on my 380 on dx12...very smooth.

14. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK
    When using Wattman, the profile does not always load correctly at startup. Like for example sometimes it loads fine, sometimes it only loads the custom core clock but not the +50% power limit and other times it only loads the power limit but not the core clock. Frustrating. Does it happen to anyone else?

15. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    It's part of the release notes for Vega GPU's but it doesn't mean it couldn't apply to other GPU's too. Custom profiles both for Radeon Settings and Wattman can be wonky so it might be best to save the Wattman settings and just load them on start especially if fast boot is enabled which the program tends to register as a incorrect shutdown and reset these parameters back to default.

"
    • Custom settings in Radeon WattMan may sometimes fail to apply on Radeon RX Vega series graphics products.
    "

Known issues don't seem to be quoted in the first post though personally I try to keep up to date with them for both AMD and NVIDIA, liking NVIDIA's approach to have more details especially the announcement forum post with the latest status on additional known issues though same as the actual fixed issues the listing might be more of a highlight of the overall changes to the driver code and the more pressing fixes, enhancements and also known problems. :)
    (Fixed issues are nice and all but knowing what breaks and how badly isn't any less important as I see it.)

(From: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-19-1-1 )

Some of the fixed issues are also a bit spotty working on some systems and breaking on others, reports from both Vega and Polaris GPU users also means it's less likely to be a issue with how certain settings now work with Vega but aren't yet exposed or implemented for Polaris or earlier. :)

16. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Memory Timing -> https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/dh-020

My Note: Im using Level 1 from the begining (it gives better FireStrike pts.)

Memory timing reduces memory latency based on the selected level. A lower memory latency level may improve performance in some applications.

[​IMG]

Memory timing has three options:

1. Automatic – Default BIOS Timings
    2. Memory Timing Level 1
    3. Memory Timing Level 2
    Click Memory Timing to switch between memory timing levels. Click Apply to save your changes.

[​IMG]

NOTE!
    Memory timing is only available on RX400, RX500 and RX Vega series graphics products

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
    Undying, Jackalito and JonasBeckman like this.
  17. Kiteri

Kiteri Member

GPU:
    vega64
    Same thing here, I am using the same monitor, it seems there are compatibility issues with this monitor and 18.12.2 drivers and above

18. miiksu

miiksu Guest

GPU:
    XFX R9 Nano
    VSR still not fixed with my Samsung C34H890. Can't enable the feature. I just tried clean install with DDU. Atleast Freesync working after DDU.

19. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    3440x1440 ?

And R9 Nano meaning Fury Nano?

I think that's the VSR limit with hardware and GPU's doing the scaling, Fury has a hard limit at 3840x2160 whereas Polaris and Vega can do 5120x2880 though curiously Polaris was capped to 3840x2160 until AMD patched in support for higher so the whole hardware resolution cap isn't entirely truthful it would seem especially since it was almost entirely uncapped in a earlier driver when the feature was first introduced. :)

2560x1080 was the main 21:9 VSR res until this driver though from my understanding, 3440x1440 at a 50% res increase would be 5160 x 2160 so maybe that's possible even if the horizontal res is slightly above the prior max supported.
    Would be nice to see a full 100% increase or 2x2 (4x total.) since that's where this scaling works it's best although it would mainly be somewhat older titles since 7680x4320 for 16:9 or 6880x2880 for 21:9 well that's quite a strain on the hardware.

EDIT: A custom resolution for a 1.25x at 4300x1800 might function but would still exceed 3840 by a fair bit for horizontal. Performance hit isn't too bad but 50 or ideally 100 percent is better for results and aliasing though it isn't cheap.

That's what I use occasionally for 2560x1440 to 3200x1800 but there's still a fair bit of aliasing left and the scaling isn't quite ideal though ideal scaling would be 100% or 200% and that's too much for the hardware.
    (5120x2880 isn't really that usable even in somewhat older games though 30 FPS might be possible with some tweaking of other settings.)

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
    OnnA likes this.
  20. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    I am also using timing level 1 seems to perform best and gives a best score. Did you try using level 2?

With some tinkering and tweaking and ofc some overclocking 580 perform on pair with 590.

580 = 16.847 gs
    590 = 16.479 gs