AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 18.8.1 Driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Komachi, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    PhysX is the default physics engine in both Unity and Unreal. Which means it is used in tons of games, on a lot of different platforms (PC, Xbox, PS4, Switch, mobile phones, you name it).

“That game does not use PhysX because it is not listed on X or Y
    “: potentially wrong.

Some people pointed out the lists of “PhysX games” found online as “proofs” that PhysX was dead and not used anymore. Unfortunately these lists are incomplete. Even the one on Nvidia’s own website is not up-to-date. There are a couple of reasons for this:

PhysX is kind of “done” now, and more-or-less in maintenance mode.

“GPU PhysX” can mean different things, and admittedly the differences are not always clear or obvious.

If we’re talking GPU particles or cloth, they have indeed been deprecated in recent PhysX versions, replaced with FLEX (an entirely different engine, unrelated to PhysX so far). The FLEX implementation is better, so there was no need to keep supporting both.

http://www.codercorner.com/blog/?p=2013

I posted this because I've seen a lot of posts about Unity engine not working on AMD hardware. Be that it's fixed by now (or not). It's clear where this engine tilts towards.

Jackalito likes this.
  2. ObscureangelPT

ObscureangelPT Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1650 Supe
    PhysX is one of the most used Physics engine actually in games today, but like Eastcoasthandle, it is just the basic stuff, rigid physics and lately some clothing, all done in the CPU and not the GPU like it was before.

GPU PhysX is dead so there is nothing wrong with PhysX being used by the CPU in almost all unity and Unreal engine games.

z8373767 likes this.
  3. z8373767

z8373767 Master Guru

GPU:
    6900XT/8650G+7970M
    Make Havok great again.

Chastity likes this.
  4. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    So it took AMD almost two years to acknowledge and finally fix the dreaded UVD bug. Very competent support indeed.

5. passenger

passenger Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    Hey, Enhanced sync works like crap on RX580 since 17.12.1, give them time...:D

6. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    I use it all the time and I have no issues with it.
    What's the problem?

7. passenger

passenger Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    After 17.12.1 with enabled enhanced sync every game stutters. I have dual boot w10 & w7 same story. Don’t know what tha hell is going on.

8. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Weird. I swear for me it works wonders.
    I have a FreeSync display if it matters.
    Games I played with Enhanced Sync are PUBG, Yakuza 0, GTA V, MGS V, Pinball Arcade, BF 1 and V Open Beta and latest NBA 2K19

9. passenger

passenger Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    I believe you, but it’s probably combination of enhanced and freesync. I only played GTA5 and that also stutters with every newer driver.

10. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Have you tried cleaning the shader cache? I did have such problem with GTA V, but, not because of enhanced sync.

[​IMG]

11. passenger

passenger Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    Will try that if i I install new driver again. :DThanks.