AMD Moves Into new California HQ Offices

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    AMD recently had a small celebration as they moved into their new HQ offices based in California. The new offices are positioned in Silicon Valley. AMD CEO Dr Lisa Su was joined by Santa Clara city m...

AMD Moves Into new California HQ Offices

2. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    The man 2nd from the left... is that... Harold?
    [​IMG]

xIcarus likes this.
  3. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
  4. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

5. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    I would not have said a thing except the blurb said "no press was aware of this the new offices, which from the looks of it was not a big of a deal." They were aware of the new offices, it was reported.
    The article I cited says "Employee and equipment moves are expected to begin in Q3 2017 and be completed by the end of 2017. " I mean I guess you're more bored than I am if you're picking nits that small. ;)

Edit...I found one of my own....I said last August...since it's now 2018, it would be the August before last....where's the turbo bong...

6. umeng2002

umeng2002 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Super
    The savings from moving away from solder on the IHS in the new Raven Ridge has really helped them save up enough cash to move into a new office.

7. kruno

kruno Master Guru

GPU:
    4890/1
    WTF??? You mean paste on IHS, solder tricks are for Intel:D:D

8. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
  9. kruno

kruno Master Guru

GPU:
    4890/1
    Sorry my bad, i stand corrected. Personally i don't agree with that decision but i can understand choice that AMD made with Raven Ridge, as they explain on this "cheapo"products they need to cut cost somewhere.With Intel it is not much of a problem that they use toothpaste for their processors, but problem lies in the fact that they used it on all of their processors.People would understand if they used it on Atoms, heck let's include even Celerons,Pentiums and I3's, but on I5's,I7's and even on I9's that is not acceptable, these processors cost between several hundred to several thousand Euro's, people are expecting top notch quality when they shell out that amount of money not some "toothpaste"