AMD Confirms Ryzen 4000 ‘Zen 3’ Desktop CPU Compatibility With X570 & B550 Motherboards – No Plans T

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by jwb1, May 7, 2020.

1. jwb1

jwb1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 2080 Ti
    Okay, I was making a joke with that. Chill out.

2. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Dude you are just Trolling the forums constantly with your blindly Intel fanboyism ! People like you were the reason i do not visit this website as much as i used to do. You sir are a Troll , flame bait plain and simple.

Keitosha, patteSatan, BReal85 and 2 others like this.
  3. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    You sound like this is some absurd crippling move?

Like @liviut said, it's up to mobo makers.. I don't see a issue here, if I had x370 or x470 with 16MB rom I would ask the maker to send me a bios for newer while lose compatibility with older...

What is absurd is intel and always was when it came to mobo longlivity. They had to make 2 chipsets, from one upgrade to the next, was like that when I bought my 4770K and I see it now with all those 200, 300, 400 chipsets.. users with 100 chipsets pulled the shittiest straw, 200 also somewhat.

BReal85, carnivore, Embra and 4 others like this.
  4. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    Yeah yeah no worries. I'm not upset ;)

I suppose there might be an exception here though. MSI did release some mobos labeled "MAX" that has a 32MB BIOS ROM chip. They could have room for the full lineup.

5. jwb1

jwb1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 2080 Ti
    Maybe? Again, I'd be annoyed if I chose the wrong X470.

[​IMG]

6. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Mate it's the way and how you post things, not what or 'the topic' you post. I do hope you can drop down a notch on the fanboyism.

patteSatan and carnivore like this.
  7. jwb1

jwb1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 2080 Ti
    Okay, no more touchy jokey images :D

At least Hilbert has declared this frontpage news now. As it obvious is a big deal.

8. Hilbert Hagedoorn

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Not really, opposed to what some sites would like to make you believe, sensation is good for clicks apparently ... So realize, ZEN2 on some series 300 boards but even Series 400 was already a stretch (with the new chiplet design on the same pin count) and AMD had to really push stuff to get that done, but they did. For Ryzen 4000 it was perhaps expected, many hoped to see support for ZEN3 on Series 400. Unfortunate it is, especially since it's because of something as simple as BIOS size. It is what it is though.

patteSatan and BReal85 like this.
  9. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    Yep, I don't think the bios limitations were much publicized until Zen 2 came out. So it'd be too late for most of us.

olymind1 likes this.
  10. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Waiting pays off ^^

11. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    I'm not too surprised by this. I'll just pick up a cheap 3700X a year from now and be good to go for a few years.

SplashDown and BReal85 like this.
  12. jwb1

jwb1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 2080 Ti
    Just because AMD might have not said specifically Zen 3 was coming to existing X470 that does not excuse the fact that you know a lot of people thought it was. Many people said don't upgrade to X570 because its expensive. Just get X470 if you don't want PCIE 4.0. And you will be able to get Zen 3 later if you want. In fact, AMD got mad at MSI when at one point they were not going to support Zen 2 on their mobos. And what happened? They did it after all.

They are not really blaming AM4 for this. And obviously X470 is by no means old in AMDS ecosystem.

You may disagree, but this is a surprise and there are going to be a lot of annoyed AMD people, especially X470 people if they can't upgrade to Zen 3. It does make look AMD look pretty sneaky.

13. Hilbert Hagedoorn

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    No, much like yourself I think most people that are truly annoyed by this the most are owners of an Intel platform, just to seek validity on Intel's strategy of making you purchase a new motherboard as often as possible.

sykozis, patteSatan, BReal85 and 8 others like this.
  14. jwb1

jwb1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 2080 Ti
    Common Hilbert, don't be like that. You know that isn't true. Sure, I'm enjoying the hypocrisy of it all, but I certainly do feel for people who are going to be feeling scammed or however you want to put it. And they are out there and they are AMD fans. I've always said both AMD and Intel; pick your poison.

To people who are on Intel, this isn't new. Welcome to the new norm, I guess. Guess that's what happens when AMD starts to feel confident and is doing well. They are just like Intel.

olymind1 likes this.
  15. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Shots Fired!

16. jwb1

jwb1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 2080 Ti
    Much like my current preference for Intel, at the moment, it isn't exactly news Hilbert has a preference for AMD.

17. oxidized

oxidized Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6G
    OH THE IRONY!

Where ya at AMD boyos?

18. nizzen

nizzen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3x3090/3060ti/2080t
    I wanted my x399 board to support threadripper gen 3. That did not happend. I guess AMD wanted more money from me :p
    Still happy owner of x399 and 1950x for my ubuntu server :)

19. Hilbert Hagedoorn

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Do you have any clue how close you are being booted from these forums just and solely for your intel bias and the aggressiveness of your responses? It's borderline trolling, it's like you cannot think rationally outside the realm of Intel. The number of reports on you lately have been insane. Choose your battles wisely, and most of all make a choice (or not) if you want to be here, if so .. please do show that you can converse in a normal and friendly fashion - opinions are fine, but your replies as of late are agonizing to read. But don't rattle and temp me as my opinion about you keeps getting lower and lower with each reply that I write here.

BTW here's the AMD promise: as posted a long time ago, would X470/B450 would have been great if ZEN3 was compatible sure. But compatibility overall is not bad I'd say:

[​IMG]

20. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    What AMD does doesn't even affect me really.

I got my current 4770k and Z87 motherboard since July 2013 (coming up to 7 years), so by the time a new CPU comes out i buy a new motherboard as well after so many years.

oxidized likes this.