AMD Catalyst 8.93 (Nov. 18)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by marthand, Nov 21, 2011.

1. nizzen

nizzen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3x3090/3060ti/2080t
    Packages for install
    AMD APP SDK Runtime

FAILED.

Someone else have problems with installing CCC?

2. Valagard

Valagard Guest

When I get that the only way to fix it is to uninstall AMD drivers, CCC, APP SDK, and then to either uninstall all Microsoft C++ 2010 revisions, reboot to safe mode, run either Driver Sweeper or TwL's cleaner (TwL's cleaner supposedly will fix this issue for you) and then reboot to windows, freshly install Microsoft C++ 2010 (x86 and x64 revisions), do windows update, grab all update files, then install the AMD drivers

If THAT does not work, uninstall the APP SDK again, and run MicrosoftFixit.ProgramInstallUninstall.Run (Need to download it) and choose to uninstall APP SDK, it will sweep out the annoying files that are pestering the OS, then reboot system and try installing APP SDK again, it should work now

EDIT: Also AVIVO seems to be missing to boot, no video options, I need to use the previous drivers to install them

3. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    The 8.93 refers to the driver number not the Catalyst release number.

Just use the express uninstall option and then install the new suite.

4. HairyUK

HairyUK Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
    With the caps installed Pey :)

5. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
    Nice stuff, Advanced Application Profile Control in CCC is cool, but Driver is not so good, -300p in 3DMark 11 :(

6. stefik

stefik Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 6950@6970 2GB
    I uninstalled 11.11 WHQL, restarted, cleaned with Driver Sweaper, restarted and installed these. No problems here.

7. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

The Microsoft C++ 2010 runtimes included in the Catalyst packages (not sure of this 18 Nov one) are all the original RTM runtimes, and not the 2010 SP1 runtimes. There were issues in the past when SP1 runtimes were installed, and the RTM runtime installers quit because a newer version was installed. This through an error in the Catalyst install, however the installation (if that was the only issue) was fine. Its just an oversight of the driver compilation, it doesn't affect final installation.

I am grateful for these drivers, its interesting to try them out! If you don't want to install these drivers, then don't, nobody is telling you that you have to. To the other extreme, saying someone is stupid for not installing them is just as bad, as these are definitely beta drivers, and not non-WHQL drivers as others may be.

If you want to try them out, and others in the future, ignore others who are too pigheaded to accept that these are genuine, but also keep in mind that they are beta, so there are no guarantees that everything will work perfectly.

Marthand can't reveal the source of these as either he (or she?) has direct access to the drivers or knows someone that does and is given them on the proviso that the source isn't revealed.

Keeping it on depositfiles etc may seem a purely financial one, but its not. Its basically a 'donation' for the effort and thought of actually sharing them. On top of that, its a way of him to have an idea of the number of downloads. If you find any GENUINE issues (not made up ones, they don't help anyone) with these SPECIFIC drivers, then definitely post them. This way, if the suggestion that he knows someone who has access, he can at least report back these issues so we all end up with a better driver in the future.

Now, whether the last couple of sentences I said actually make a difference, I cannot say, but I suspect that at least in some form, whether reported through Marthand or perused by AMD, that any issues will find their way back to the driver team.

Keep up the releases Marthand, the idiots that whingeing are the small minority, the rest of us are appreciative. Also, like I was saying about issues, don't be disheartened if people do find genuine issues, its a good thing as it means they are more likely to be resolved before release.

Thanks once again! they work great :)

8. AxholeRose

AxholeRose Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon HD5970
    I registered just to kudos this post. Well done sir. Long time lurker here, but yeah, like you said, i'm surprised there's so many negative people around. Bricking a video card through drivers LOL. i flashed my GPU bios four times, bricked it once, all with barely any knowledge of video card bios (it was my first time). Stick to official driver releases if you're scared, simple as.

I'm going to try these new drivers now, even though i have no problems with the games i play (LA Noire, SR3, SKyrim, BF3). Well with Skyrim i would like more FPS.

Btw if anyone is still worried about CAP or cfx support with Skyrim, simply go into your game folder and rename TESV.exe to Crysis.exe. There you go, perfect smooth gameplay, at least for me. Temp perf fix until official Skyrim CAPs.

ps - i really am going to try it on my 700 card rofl :wanker:

Last edited: Nov 21, 2011
  9. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
    Thank you for this advice, but Skyrim is a steamworks game. It would work with Radeon Pro and Crysis profile... I think :nerd:

10. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    oblivion, and bioshock also work...

11. AxholeRose

AxholeRose Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon HD5970
    oblivion gives me stuttering, i suffered for 2 days before switching to crysis. crysis profile works almost perfect... before i had this nasty bug where i had to alt-tab out and in to fix lag. running at ultra settings everything maxed with mods. 1920x1080p

12. Sobtanian

Sobtanian Active Member

GPU:
    7970 crossfire-1125/1575
    No, actually the rename trick works with Skyrim.

You see, Steam looks for "launcher.exe" and doesn't let you rename that. What you gotta rename is "TESV.exe" to "oblivion.exe" (or "crysis.exe" as stated), and launch that directly ;)

EDIT: I wonder if creating a profile in this leaked CCC does the same thing?

13. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
    Wow. I did not know about it. Thanks. :nerd:
    And about Leaked CCC - I think it will work :D

14. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

I think thats a little too much to the other extreme of the whingers. There is nothing wrong with sticking with WHQL or non-WHQL 'release' drivers (those drivers that aren't WHQL'd but are the ones that are to be). These are afterall beta drivers, possible bugs are inevitable, but in all likelihood most, if not all, the major ones have already been eliminated.

The issues Nvidia had with their drivers that caused damaged cards should never have happened. They were the result of very bad internal testing (or no testing? because not having the fan running should have been obvious). These drivers, even the beta ones from Marthand, have at least been partially tested. It would be interesting to know how far ahead the drivers are in development (such as, if say, the 12.5's are already in early development etc).

Also keep in mind for other drivers that some dated (as in the inf file) and versioned files in the drivers may be the same as another driver release, but the files themselves may be different (probably later builds). This has been noticed several times in the past and I've probably mentioned it an annoyingly amount of times in various threads, but hey, its just me trying to point out the 'same' in terms of AMD drivers are not necessarily bit 'identical' :)

The complaints so far for this driver are only related to the install, for operational use they seem quite good. Its this kind of information that you should base your decision to install or not on, if you are keen to try them out, and not some guys that have no idea about the driver and have absolutely no experience with them because they refused to try them out, and yet still manage to whinge that the drivers are bad 'just because' or if they had a previous bad experience with a beta program or driver of some kind. If you are someone that has had a bad experience and don't want to experience the peaking interest in newer drivers etc, then there's nothing stopping you from just using the 11.11a's (because they are the now current drivers), just don't whinge and complain.

I do apologise for the rants, just wanted to highlight a few valid points. Its actually human nature to try out new things, its a form of exploration, and its also human nature to be precautious. Both are vital traits for us as a species, and both of these traits applies to these drivers (exploration over precaution), neither is right or wrong. For instance, hundreds of years ago with sea exploration, marking reefs on charts is a good indication for the next ship that comes along to take precaution so as to not get shipwrecked. This applies to these drivers, luckily there seems to be no reefs in its operation and its smooth sailing, so feel free to 'explore' away!

15. illprem

illprem Guest

GPU:
    New user here, saw a link to this thread posted on other site's forum. Thanks for posting these drivers, BF3 is a lot smoother with these than 11.11 for me.

I'm going to run these for about an hour, install the 11.11a performance drivers and compare, and if these are better I will re-install these (I'm guessing I will probably end up reinstalling these either way, b/c of the new features in CCC)

16. |ALE|

|ALE| Guest

The driver is no good because off -300p at 3dmark? Are you serious? 3dmark is useless , spend your time in a better way, may be playing real games....:3eyes:

17. mentalpeace

mentalpeace Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670 Oc edition
    thats the kind of answer i wanted to read :D thanks!!! will be looking fordward for the comparison.

18. yy885

yy885 Guest

GPU:
    HD6850
    Sorry, I am a newbie. What does these new features do? and also do you recommend install the display driver from 11.11a and install the ccc from this?

thanks

19. slitz

slitz Guest

GPU:
    ATI 6990
    For some odd reason, I don't get the CF option with the CC. Would have assumed that I would get it with a 6990..

20. uncle scam

uncle scam Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 7950
    Hey, I installed these drivers, thanks op.
    Everything seems to work fine except the position of my screen is abit off (sorry ask again if you didnt understand) its bit more to the left and bottom than it should be, it was okay with the previous 11.10 drivers. My monitor doesnt have function to move it (Asus PE247)
    I have it hooked with 60 hz 1080p HDMI (1920x1080) Suggestions? :)
    Offtopic: Should i buy new HDMI cable so i can run my monitor @75hz?