AMD Catalyst 11.6 WHQL (8.861 May 24) - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Jun 14, 2011.

Tags:
  1. DarkKnightDude

DarkKnightDude Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX770 4 GB OC
    I'm not sure what they did, but the performance in BC2 is alot smoother.

2. SuM5181

SuM5181 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD6970 2GB GDDR5
    I'm not facing yet any issue for gaming with this release, but just the control center bug.

Why they don't just create a beta for testing before release the WHQL like nvidia did... ?

3. adrock311

adrock311 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC 8gb
    OK i just fired up BFBC2 to test your theory, its 100% true, these drivers are giving me an insane performance boost on BFBC2 , best drivers ever, i can now put everything on HIGH without any performance loss whatsoever

4. kira1985

kira1985 Guest

GPU:
    MSI R6850 Cyclone PE 1GB
    Meh... I thought a second driver sweeper run in a row could fix the issue I'm having with the 6850. Guess not.
    BSOD'd, then had to use a restoration point. After that, I kept getting this "install package source not found" crap in every attempt to install a driver.
    GG ATI, a whole decade and still failing to do anything decent. Gonna format and hopefuly all these retarded errors will go away.

5. The Creator

The Creator Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Hellhound 7900XT
    The EDID option disables the manual color temperature control. I have no pink hue when I use Catalysts before 10.10 (tested with my old 5970). So I'm sure that the issues is in the Catalyst drivers after 10.9.

Without EDID option I have no pink issue. But I HAVE to use EDID because of the wide gamut feature of my monitor. Without EDID option I have bleeding red and green colors. They are oversaturated.

The issue exists on DELL U2311H too. It's no related to my monitor (DELL 3008WFP) only.

(sorry for my bad english)

Last edited: Jun 17, 2011
  6. Russ369

Russ369 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FE
    Yeah the BFBC2 performance is improved... I can now run it fully maxed out at 8xAA in Eyefinity

7. dkizzy

dkizzy Member

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290
    I haven't been able to fully test the drivers out but they seem good. My question is for some mobile users. I picked up an HP DV6t Quad edition and they have that proprietary nonsense going on with the drivers. I uninstalled the catalyst the laptop came with and installed 8.86, which I then proceeded to install this latest one, but the driver under device manager still shows 8.86 and I cannot see any info under my catalyst because the info section does not provide it on my mobility about driver version and the usual stuff you see from a screenshot. How have some of you been dealing with this? I'm guessing I will just have to do full uninstall. The only other annoying thing is they locked me out from updating the intel hd graphics. I can't even do a manual update via device manager. Lameeee.

8. adrock311

adrock311 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC 8gb
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2011
  9. mentalpeace

mentalpeace Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670 Oc edition
    if the drivers worked this well in all games (believe me it can be done) there would be no need to buy new hardware. ;)

10. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    These suck in Brink, they need to improve their OpenGL drivers.

11. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
  12. velocityx

velocityx Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 Ti FE - EK FCB
    I guess it's too much to expect ati drivers to work correctly with photoshop gpu acceleration? I don't even remember the last driver that worked correctly with advanced acceleration and these don't work with it as well, two times the driver would stop responding and reset itself and one time I had an atimkp something something blue screen on me in cs5 all in a matter of maybe half hour.

13. rone

rone Member Guru

Dirt 2 is unplayable. BSOD or just game crush -all the time.

14. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
  15. talis

talis Member

GPU:
    MSI R9 380 GAMING 4G
    Yes, and I do have an AMD processor - AMD Phenom II X6 1100T black edition, no less - and the option simply does not exist in my CCC. It's not disabled, it flat out doesn't exist.

16. velocityx

velocityx Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 Ti FE - EK FCB
    yea I dont have that option in CCC too. not that I miss something I didnt get a chance to experience so I totally don't care

17. Murjuk

Murjuk Guest

GPU:
    HD 6950
    For those who has missing settings in CCC (or if dxdiag shows your gpu wrong,), try to delete hidden graphic cards in device manager.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2011
  18. velocityx

velocityx Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 Ti FE - EK FCB
    I have no hidden graphic cards in device manager, why would there even be one lol

19. Valagard

Valagard Guest

Ok I played Dirt 2 for two hours, no problems or BSoD's

I played Dirt 3 for two hours, no problems or BSoD's

I played BFBC2 for two hours, no problems or BSoD's

Played L4D2 and TF2 for 5 hours, no BSoD's

I dunno if something is wrong, but these drivers have no problem with my system

Also, Dirt 2, Dirt 3 and BFBC2 the FPS is the highest its ever been!

My Dirt 2 average FPS went up 8FPS, from 56FPS to 62FPS average 1920x1080 max settings and Morphological AA on, Dirt 3 went up 1FPS from 47FPS to 48.2FPS same settings as dirt 2, BFBC2 max options morphological AA went up TEN FPS, TF2 and L4D2 went up 15-20FPS each with all maxed options. All these games using 16x AF in CCC options

Phenominal drivers, best I've used yet for my videocard

20. talis

talis Member

GPU:
    MSI R9 380 GAMING 4G
    No hidden graphics card here either. :3eyes: