After hours testing... Watch Dogs (E3 Bloom effect working)

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by TheWorse, Jun 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dorraemon

Dorraemon Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 4GB
    you can also set uplay to offline mode so people wont be able to join your single player gameplay

2. Only_Me

Only_Me Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 OC 4GB

There is no anticheat built into the game AFAIK.

If there is, it isn't working! lol

3. Kersey

Kersey Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia
    Hehe you should upload your screenshot to one of the popular image hosting sites (ex: imgur com) and then you can post the image from that site here after you've made 10 regular posts. You are currently at 4 posts at the time of writing this. Your IMG codes are correct though.

4. SoloCreep

SoloCreep Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI
    NewbieSoft servers suck! Don't worry the more you try and play in a group of people the more you'll get disconnected. Host migration loves to crash.. Damn servers go down all the damn time. I facking hate their servers. Its not the mod that causes it. its been happening way before this mod.

5. Quentin's_SweetFX

Quentin's_SweetFX Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE R9 OC 270X 4GB

[​IMG]

6. Shinigami_Kiba

Shinigami_Kiba Member

GPU:
    GeForce MSI NX7800GTX 256MB
    You're doing a great job man
    I hope you release a version similar to 0.6 in terms of color, saturation and especially bloom levels
    it's never good to go over the top with these things like in 0.7

I wonder if ENB mods and such will be possible in the future

7. Ridner

Ridner Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon R9 280x
    Tnx Worse for this mod.. The effects are pretty. But... i have the feeling that the daytime was changed... i think now it's too short. Do you notice that?

8. SoloCreep

SoloCreep Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI
    If you can manage it. Use one of the TXAA settings. Its far better than the other ones. Not a single jaggy anywhere and there is no flickering in the grass. Its like every blade of grass has AA. I swear colors seem to pop more on cars. I am using TXAA2 on my GTX680 and the game is smooth.

9. Jakey

Jakey Guest

GPU:
    2GB
    Thank you Shinsky. That's what I meant to say. I have the game on Uplay, so I don't support piracy. Even though I'm not really sure if I shouldn't start to :D @windrunnerxj

10. CongressBeta

CongressBeta Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX TITAN 6GB
    So there are also sound effects like the one in the explosion where you go temp. deaf and there are scrapped animations right?

11. TheWorse

TheWorse Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX680@1300/6900
    I don't think there will be any enb mods like iCEnhancer due to the game being not that good in terms of gameplay etc. iCEnhancer already said on his page that he won't do anything for this game because he doesn't enjoy it. And that's ok anyways he should not be doing something because he doesn't want to.

I don't really like every aspect of the game but I've decided to improve in the visual side of the game and maybe particles too, but this last one is complicated. I still need to see the entitylibrary completely to be able to make changes (If there is any possible changes)

12. FRiNGE07

FRiNGE07 Guest

GPU:
    gtx 780 3gb
    go to the lazy.net and click top presets and it will be the first sweetfx preset which has 12 000 downloads. just get the link from the page and copy all the files into your bin folder.

13. AH37

AH37 Guest

GPU:
    Palit GeForce GTX 670 JS
    Hello,

Thank you TheWorse for your dedication and hard work, I am trying multiple in-game settings to find the sweet spot and avoid stuttering.

Note: I haven't tried the mod for long to have an extensive opinion, however I can comment on the performance. My settings may help others.

The game was still stuttering for me, I followed MaLDo's advice regarding Adaptive Vsync in Nvidia Control Panel alongside other in-game options and here are my findings:

I did not download MaLDo's 1GB file as it was only a stutter test rather than a full patch.

Texture settings: High, Max buffered frames = 2 as suggested by MaLDo, AA: TXAA 2x.
    In graphics quality page; shadows were set at medium while the rest are on ultra, AO: HBAO+ High.

Average fps around 45, and stuttering is almost gone, when it happens it goes for few seconds and then continues smoothly. Alternatively, change the AO to get slightly better fps and no stuttering.

Keep up the good work!

14. PinkRibbonScars

PinkRibbonScars Guest

GPU:
    HD5850 Crossfire 1GB
    Try not to confuse constructive criticism with mindless complaining.

And btw, TotalBiscuit doesn't even know what SSAA stands for :giggle2:, so I dunno why you're bothered by his comments :eyes:

15. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    I left a note with my donation. Not sure if they come up or not but there ya go.

Just wanted to show my appreciation amongst the sea of negativity out there. But this thread has also been mostly positive from what I can tell.

When you first enabled dynamic headlight shadows, they were glitchy. My guess is that Ubisoft also realized they were glitchy and there wasn't anything in the budget to fix it. But you did! I no longer have the issues I used to have with headlights. I don't know about you but to me, that's modding. Don't care what anyone else says.

And I'd be willing to go back to try the color grading you had in before if you put that back in. I'm not really sure how to do that myself. At any rate, keep up the good work.

Here's a few quick screenshots while I'm here:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 17, 2014

16. CongressBeta

CongressBeta Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX TITAN 6GB
    Have you found every file yet or are there more hidden?

17. SoloCreep

SoloCreep Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI
    Lying jerk took down the pic of her face today. Her azz needs to be fired for lying to the public but they wont do that to someone who is following orders. Companies who pull this type of stunt, like Gearbox did with Alien Colonial Marines. They need a hefty fine for this false advertisement. The whole world caused a ruckus over the ACM graphics downgrade, yet Ubisoft went ahead and did the same thing knowing we would be mad at them. ITS BULLSHlT!

18. CongressBeta

CongressBeta Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX TITAN 6GB
    The Worse, that would be great when you are finished to make a new graphics tier called E3 and you press it and it activates everything.

19. CongressBeta

CongressBeta Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX TITAN 6GB
    Animations got downgraded too. I wouldn't be surprised if the driving mechanics got downgraded/rushed since watch dogs "started as a racing game"

20. Quentin's_SweetFX

Quentin's_SweetFX Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE R9 OC 270X 4GB
    Watch Dogs Chicago

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.