55% of gamers own an Nvidia GPU and 27% of them have an RTX model says JPR

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 19, 2020.

1. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Yup, looking at new cards for my updated rig, I thought will I go high end this time round. I mean really spend the cash and not have to worry about upgrading for another 5 years but I just couldn't justify paying the extra cash for the 2080super over the 2070super. Of course the day I finally opt to buy a 2070super is the day AMD start batting around their 2080ti killer upcoming card. Flipping typical.

2. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Let's turn it into clear gamer uses only steam and or Nvidia to be satisfied. 95%. Intel plus Nvidia 80%.

3. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    The 9900K(S) is the only Intel CPU that makes any sense atm though, for any other price brackets or use cases I'd go AMD nowadays. That being said, I'd love to see more detailed stats. How many of those intel CPU's are people for whom their 6700/7700/8700 K's are still sufficient.

Robbo9999 likes this.
  4. Dribble

Dribble Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 1070
    The wccf tech comments section is so toxic I'd not even read it at work or with children present. How anyone can take a survey from the people who write those comments seriously I don't know.

5. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    JPR is less credible than Steam hardware survey. The truth is most of gamers have 4+ yo GPUs.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2020
    Eastcoasthandle likes this.
  6. bernek

bernek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7900XT
    You don't know who your talking to my friend and no idea what are you talking about ... Raytracing is a performance killer in in its current state (I have an 2080TI btw) and the effect is meh most of the times. In cod mw I can barely spot it and when I do I get like 30-40% performance loss ... Maybe the next gen from nvidia will make it usable for us but mind my words not this generation.

I bought the 2080TI for pure raw performance and I never ever turn Raytracing because I simply dont want to take that huge performance hit. I prefer to game with it at 4K close to 60fps and higher.

Regarding your silly username that clearly states your "toxic" behaviour I would recommend you correct it and don't talk to the Undying like that ... this guy made the tool your overclock your glourious 2080 NON TI with ... so measure your words.

ToxicTaZ likes this.
  7. Size_Mick

Size_Mick Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1070 8GB
    THE THREE REASONS TO BUY RADEON CARDS:

1. Your first gaming PC came with one and you decided to stick with what you're used to. It's not your fault, you just don't know any better.

2. You were somehow convinced to buy one and now you're going to enthuse about how great it is, in an attempt to assuage the sting from your poor decision.

3. You had a nasty experience with an GeForce card (it's been known to happen, rarely) and you buy Radeons just to spite Nvidia.

Go ahead and rip away, AMD boys! (side note: I like AMD CPUs just fine, especially when they beat Intel, but you'll NEVER sell me on Radeon cards).

8. Celcius

Celcius Master Guru

GPU:
    Orchid Pro Designer
    There is at least one more reason:

4. You simply want to play current games at +60 fps, at 1080p, "high", and don't wish to spend more than $200 USD on a graphics card.

moo100times and warlord like this.
  9. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    My last nvidia gpu was the legend 8800GT and after that all Radeons. That shows something. Cards are great, aged better than their countparts, 5870, 7950, R9 280X, RX580.
    We are witnessing all the shady practices they've been doing all these years and people just dont care, meh. I would rather buy an Intel gpu.

moo100times and warlord like this.
  10. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Lol you're saying Intel is less shady than Nvidia?

All these companies are shady. People just like to give passes to AMD because they are the underdog.

Stormyandcold likes this.

11. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    We don't know dedicated gpu department yet. In Raja Koduri we trust.

12. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Well Nvidia gpus also aged well, Nvidia needed to release the new 2070S at 2019 to catch a used 1080ti's price performance ratio. The same happened with 980ti and 1070ti which was true price performance replacement if secondhand.

13. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    They are all shady but nvidia takes the cake.

14. MonstroMart

MonstroMart Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 Red Dragon
    Strange i literally don't know anyone with a RTX card. Nobody i play with or know in real life own one. My sample size is probably around 20 though and mostly Canadians so ... most people i know own a nVidia card but did not upgrade to RTX because of the insane price in Canada.

15. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    AMD is the real slim shady.

"Please stand up"

carnivore, Backstabak and Undying like this.

16. MonstroMart

MonstroMart Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 Red Dragon
    Correct me if wrong but Steam stats are based on their survey right. Then if it is the case it is not accurate cause they survey me maybe twice a year at most. I don't think i've been surveyed since i switched to AMD from Intel/nVidia.

17. MonstroMart

MonstroMart Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 Red Dragon
    Here's another reason.

https://www.newegg.ca/gigabyte-geforce-rtx-2070-super-gv-n207sgaming-oc-8gd/p/N82E16814932212?Description=RTX 2070&cm_re=RTX_2070-_-14-932-212-_-Product
    https://www.newegg.ca/gigabyte-rade...on=5700XT&cm_re=5700XT-_-14-932-208-_-Product

Neo Cyrus likes this.
  18. Size_Mick

Size_Mick Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1070 8GB
    All the companies have done shady crap over the years but it's especially noticeable from Intel and Nvidia simply due to their massive reach. But yeah, none of their hands are clean. ALL have doctored drivers to perform better on benchmarks and ALL have made false claims about the power of their products. But ATI/Radeon I just loathe with a special passion, because their cards are so weird and backward and awful. Even when they outperform a similarly priced GeForce, I'll take the GeForce. Call me a fanboy, 'cause I guess I am. I've owned 4 Radeon cards in my life and each and every one of them have disappointed.

Radeon is like sugar-free products. You probably bought one 'cause you couldn't afford or didn't want to pay for a GeForce card and now you're going to have to try to convince everyone how great it really is, just like someone cutting out sugar because their doctor said they'd die if they didn't. Now they have to eat sugar-free snacks and will go out of their way to try to convince everyone that they taste just like the real thing, when everyone knows there's still that weird aftertaste.

Radeon is an Nvidia substitute with a weird aftertaste lol

P.S. It's ok for you Radeon guys to rip me up, honestly I'm deriving way too much glee ripping on them hehe

19. Andrew LB

Andrew LB Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080@2,025
    Forcing? What are you talking about? Nobody is forcing you to buy anything. If you don't like it, buy AMD or wait for Intel's GPU.

Same goes for windows 10. Stick with 7 or 8. Of course eventually they'll stop supporting those OS's but no rational person would expect them to support them forever.

20. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    It's accurate enough to give a general view of market share. They'd have to be an unprecedented increase in AMD users for the results to be viewed as inaccurate.

Also, since the results are presented as a percentage %, how much do you honestly think you would've contributed to the stats? Lets get real here.