266.58 WHQL Out

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by burebista, Jan 18, 2011.

?

Better or worst than previous sets?

1. Better

64.4%
  2. Worst

19.2%
  3. Same

16.3%
  1. andressergio

andressergio Master Guru

GPU:
    GALAX GTX 1080Ti HOF SLI
    guys im having some weird issue on DIRT2 with this drivers, before with drivers like 260.99 i could play at max ULTRA settings and now on trucks with lots of dust frames go to 51 with vsync on making some horrible stutter...i really dunno whats happening all games works perfect but first time i play DIRT2 with this and found this thing

cards also are 45% use each on vsync, but if i take out vsync i have screen tearing so its a must for me

cheers
    Sergio

2. ToyTen

ToyTen Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx Taichi OC
    Thanks henrybravo & AmigaWolf :)

I've got it working finally. Dont know where i went to miss it that way, exces of tweaking i suppose

Last edited: Feb 6, 2011
  3. D4rKy21

D4rKy21 Banned

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 SLI
    This is a good stable driver, Metro 2033 is now playable under dx11 with Max settings, 1920x1080, AAA , 16xAF, Tessellation ON, Advanced Depth of Field ON, 45-54 fps!

and my 3dmark Vantage Score went up from P27400 to P28655!

4. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    well i made sure they fixed some 3d freeze cam lag (when it shows the cars, right before the race) that they introduced with any 26x.xx+ driver, idk how could that affect your setup..

5. andressergio

andressergio Master Guru

GPU:
    GALAX GTX 1080Ti HOF SLI
    thanks Hunter for your reply

yes i did a new install and since 260.99 i dont use DiRT2 yest i decided to play and i said wtf ! it lags on the races where cards send lots of dust so i decided to try this and all became better still i notice lag not a perfect 60fps always, sometimes peaks to 58 and there's the lag

im setting all from nvidia panel

cheers
    Sergio

6. AmigaWolf

AmigaWolf Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080
    Why not OC your 2x Geforce GTX 460 1GB with MSI Afterburner when you play
    Dirt 2, and when you stop playing Dirt you just close MSI Afterburner?

7. AmigaWolf

AmigaWolf Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080
    Why not OC your 2x Geforce GTX 460 1GB with MSI Afterburner when you
    play Dirt 2, and when you stop playing Dirt you just close MSI Afterburner?

Then you got the extra frames and always stay above 60FPS.

Sorry for the 2 posts.

8. CyberTronics

CyberTronics Active Member

GPU:
    4870 512mb 800/1000
    Hey guys! Soon i'm going to receive gtx275 and i would like to know what is the best driver for this card if i constantly play Bad company 2?
    Thanks.

9. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    imo 260.99 are the best for 200 series cards.

10. DerSchniffles

DerSchniffles Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080Ti
    Drivers are smoother in games for me but I get random flickering textures in NFS HP and it gets pretty annoying at times. Putting NFS to 4x AA makes it look worse than without AA so I have to use 2x. Another issue is I cant set my AA to 8x or higher in anything. Not from the control panel, program control panel or in game. If I do I get laggy pauses, kinda like microstuttering but worse. Kinda odd....

11. andressergio

andressergio Master Guru

GPU:
    GALAX GTX 1080Ti HOF SLI
    thanks man but here's the funny thing before it run dirt2 at stock speeds now not even at high oc will go...only thing i could make this better is tunning from nvidia panel...so far drivers run as a charm for Medal of Honor, BC2 and so others so weird man

12. KingpinZero

KingpinZero Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armor GTX1080
    Sergio i had this problem as well, turns out that the stuttering and the lag was caused by Fraps, but this doesnt happen with Evga precision/msi OSD.
    Try without any monitor program.

13. andressergio

andressergio Master Guru

GPU:
    GALAX GTX 1080Ti HOF SLI
    thanks mate

i took out all monitoring but same, at all ULTRA settings 1920x1080 before i could run on stock, now even with OC i got max45% usage of each...if i tweak from nvidia panel i can put all the AA i want an usage goes to 98% on each card, but on same track still happens...this is so so weird i never ever had this problem with dirt2

cheers !
    Sergio

14. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    well you can try 560gtx only driver, i saw they don't contain Dirt2 optimization and they act like any 26X.XX driver up until 266.58.

Also maybe you want try and lower TrAA that's known to cause slowdowns when allot of smoke.. well that's if you use it to the max; like 8xSSAA,..

15. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I'm seeing loads of polygon artifacts and flickering with World in Conflict with these drivers. I've not come across any problems with any other games so this issue came as a surprise.

16. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Update: Seems the issue is caused by forcing ambient occlusion in the driver game profile. Turning it off gets rid of the artifacts.

17. andressergio

andressergio Master Guru

GPU:
    GALAX GTX 1080Ti HOF SLI
    Q

well i just did a clean install of dirt2 and when puting x16AA inside game gets bugged then at second load of dirt all is black...same was doing on my other install...if i use x8AAQ i get stutters on tracks like LA or MALASYA

So i left it at x8AA and the rest at max but cards load no more than 51%

if i force SLI 16xQ from nvidia panel works as a charm on some track and some gets the sama

im on a clean install of all inclding just 266.58 so something aint right...

heavey games like MOH or BC2 works as a charm....and so codemasters F1 2010

pretty weirdo stuff

18. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Just thought I'd add that the DX10/11 ambient occlusion bug I mentioned yesterday is fixed in the 266.66 drivers, although you'll have to use a custom INF unless you have a 560 Ti card.

19. SlazsH

SlazsH Guest

GPU:
    MSI 2080 Trio X
    That is a DiRT2 issue, download the game update.

20. Dublin_Gunner

Dublin_Gunner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    Hmm. You have me thinking. I wonder if this is the same reason for funny artifact's in BC2?? A lot of people seem to experience it (weird 'orbs' and coloured textures, fixed by turning off AA, but wonder if its related to HSAO)