XG 76.41...the drivers i've been waiting for

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA Modified Drivers' started by loslo, Mar 27, 2005.

1. XeonX2

XeonX2 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti
    all my chipset drivers are updated...............

and i think its not from ure xg.

i tried with the normal 1 it happened the same.

when i close any game i play like source or mu . it freezes . and the pc hang

i did proper installation/uninstallation

2. aznxnewtype

aznxnewtype Active Member

GPU:
    XFX HD 6870
    problem with drivers

hello all
    this is my first tiem posting, and since i know these forums are alot of help to people, iw as thinking i may be able to get answers myself. Well for all the new nvidia beta drivers from 75.10 and on, i have been experiencing problems. everythign works fine, except that when i view media videos, mpeg files, it locks my computer up. when i swtch back to the official drivers, 71.84 i beleive? the problem is sovled. i really want to use these new drivers and modified drivers. does anyone have any suggestion for the fix? thank you in advance

3. andersondiaz

andersondiaz Master Guru

GPU:
    gigabyte r9 290X
    Re: problem with drivers

sorry i unistall XG because have some problems in texturas and freeze divx video (the qly in games is maxim but i prefer stability)

and install 76 41 normal and run well

4911 score 3dmark05

see you

4. Topazbullet

Topazbullet Guest

Does this dirver support the GeForce4 420 Go laptop cards?

5. VDaishi

VDaishi Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 7800GT x2
    Re: Re: problem with drivers

what do you use to view your videos?

6. VDaishi

VDaishi Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 7800GT x2
    yup it should just click the laptop option uppon installation.

7. Unreal0311

Unreal0311 Guest

Re: Re: Re: problem with drivers

Not the original person who had the problem but I have been noticing some stuttering playback when view video with these drivers installed. It doesnt happen with every video file but it has been happening with alot of them.

I use alot of different players but mainly notice it with, Nero ShowTime, Real Player and Windows Media Player 10. The worst seems to be Nero ShowTime.

8. andersondiaz

andersondiaz Master Guru

GPU:
    gigabyte r9 290X
    Re: Re: Re: problem with drivers

for format divx
    divx player

9. Topazbullet

Topazbullet Guest

it doesnt seem to work with coolbits 2.0

10. 7earitup

7earitup Member

GPU:
    eVGA 6800GT @ Stock Speeds
    I installed these drivers and I love them. Only problem I have seen is that in the video stree test for CSS, I see ERRORS where the spinning blocks are at the beginning.

Any ideas?

11. Unreal0311

Unreal0311 Guest

I was told that this isnt a driver issue its something to do with the latest patch

12. wrathofgod

wrathofgod Master Guru

GPU:
    2x EVGA 8800 GTX @ 660/1100
    Runnin these drivers now. VERY NICE!

Great IQ & stable.

Thanks for these =]

13. lexter

lexter Member

GPU:
    BFG GeForce 6800 GT OC
    Great drivers for gaming but I have experienced some strange things w/ playing videos:

1] Gamma correction of overlay videos is artifficialy boosted higher (although CPL shows standard values) and manual correction in CPL doesn't affect contrast or gamma of overlayed videos at all.

2) Playback seems to be a little bit strange. Like choppy. Not much but a lil bit.

I would like to decrease contrast and gamma of videos, but any changes made to driver via CP have no effect. It's necessary to solve this problem. 76.41 drivers have a great performnace but I often watch xvid/divx videos and these drivers are absolutely terrible for watching movies.

14. lexter

lexter Member

GPU:
    BFG GeForce 6800 GT OC
    Re: Re: Re: Re: problem with drivers

Exactly, I have the same problem. These XG 76.41 drivers are not suitable for watching movies. Unfortunately there's some catch w/ tweaking cos official non-tweaked 76.41 drivers seems to be ok. Hope Daishi will put his hands on these drivers once again...;]

15. VDaishi

VDaishi Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 7800GT x2
    valves latest patch screwed up some things that why its coming out as errors this is the second time valve has done this. Has nothing to do with the drivers EVERYONE is getting this error right now.

16. VDaishi

VDaishi Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 7800GT x2
    Re: Re: Re: Re: problem with drivers

the divx player is just about the most horrible player ive ever seen. Try using something else like windows media player 9 or 10. 10 is a bit buggy for me i think 9 will yield better results for you.

17. VDaishi

VDaishi Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 7800GT x2
    I dont think we even touched any of the gamma settings but ill double check on that. If you have the nv decoder activated it will also increase your brightness way too much like when i watch dvds on windvd i have to turn off color acceleration i think its called or else my screens gamma is way off wack. Check the player settings for anything like this.

18. lexter

lexter Member

GPU:
    BFG GeForce 6800 GT OC
    I'm using BSPlayer Pro and FFDShow Alpha codec.

I have just rolled back to XG 71.84 (not final) and everything is perfect again. Gamma, contrast, brightness, everythig's ok. Just I need to untick "Activate VMR" checkbox (no picture, just sound if ticked) and that's it. IMHO, XG 71.84 drivers really really rock. Outstanding performance and great picture quality. Well, I would like to use XG 76.41 (performance is better so far) but I'm not able to get rid off that boosted brightness and gamma. It's just stuck. I don't use nv decoder. Simply it's impossible to change contrast/brightness/gamma of overlayed videos. All in-game videos are affected too, brightness boosted to the extreme. Only XG 76.41 HD drivers have this problem because (as I mentioned before) official non-tweaked 76.41 drivers are ok.

So I'm definitely convinced it's a matter of tweaking.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2005
  19. Liranan

Liranan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6870 1000/1200
    I haven't tested this driver yet and will do so in a minute, after I'm finished posting here, but the one question which no one has asked and thus should be is: does this have that damned temp bug? And if this does is there a single driver version that doesn't?

20. VDaishi

VDaishi Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 7800GT x2
    Alright ill look it over and get back to you.

No this driver doesnt have the temp bug :)